Mavic Air 2 Internal storage won't mount.
979 1 2020-11-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ikaruz
lvl.2
United Kingdom

(Double Post)

The Mavic Air 2 internal storage won't mount on macOS Mojave 10.14.6.

Firmware is up to date, and I've tried connecting with an array of high quality USB3 cables (as well as the one included in the box).

Any solutions?

2020-11-5
Use props
Ikaruz
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Can't mount internal storage on Mojave 10.14.6

Eventually managed to offload the internal storage using an old  Windows laptop, covered in cobwebs, with a  version of Windows Vista installed!

No driver needed, not even on an Ancient OS like Vista, so forget installing all  that dodgy Joshua Wise HorNDIS garbage.

From GitHub: HorNDIS...a driver for Mac OS X that allows you to use your Android phone's native USB tethering mode to get Internet access.

How does this help transfer data?

The HorNDIS kext (aptly  pronounced 'horr-EN-dous') was deleted from the macOS with a little Terminal trickery. A simple task, though I had to locate and delete a lot of other installed garbage, logs and preferences as well.  If you find yourself in the same situation, I recommend using Find Any File or EasyFind, both free and both excellent file-location tools, and delete anything with DJI, JWise, or HorNDIS in the name (with caution – use the date of installation, not modification, as a guide).

If you're going to plagiarise Apple in the way you package and market stuff (which is fine, looks great), at least make it compatible with their software.

Mojave has been out for over TWO years!  And no, I'm not a supporter of slave-labour supporter Tim C(r)ook, nor CrApple – not even slightly. Just saying.

From your own website specs:

• Supported File Systems               FAT32 and exFAT

So what's the problem? Mojave reads both.

Otherwise, I LOVE the Mavic Air 2, and had a blast with it on my last marathon-hike.

2020-11-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules