1420 15 2020-11-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

Spark controller needs to discharge down to 60% if not used for a couple days otherwise users may find inflated batteries and other issues months later.
2020-11-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there AntDX316. Thank you for reaching out and for giving out this informative information here at DJI Forum. In addition to this I will post a link where in you can find the DJI Spark Disclaimer and Safety Guidelines Manual ( https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... delines_V1.2_EN.pdf ). Thank you for your valued support.
2020-11-5
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-5 20:32
Hello there AntDX316. Thank you for reaching out and for giving out this informative information here at DJI Forum. In addition to this I will post a link where in you can find the DJI Spark Disclaimer and Safety Guidelines Manual ( https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Spark/20171012/Spark_Disclaimer_and_Safety_Guidelines_V1.2_EN.pdf ). Thank you for your valued support.

I mean do a firmware update so it does it by itself in 3-5 days?
2020-11-5
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Perhaps take it out and put it on a BMS to keep it in tip top condition.
2020-11-6
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AntDX316 Posted at 11-5 21:51
I mean do a firmware update so it does it by itself in 3-5 days?

There is no auto discharge on the RC's
2020-11-6
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

A J Posted at 11-6 01:34
There is no auto discharge on the RC's

SC has auto discharge.
2020-11-6
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AntDX316 Posted at 11-6 10:39
SC has auto discharge.

Yes but your question was referring to the Spark controller...
2020-11-6
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

A J Posted at 11-6 11:05
Yes but your question was referring to the Spark controller...

Smart controller is still an RC...
2020-11-8
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AntDX316 Posted at 11-8 00:09
Smart controller is still an RC...

But not a Spark controller............................
2020-11-8
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

A J Posted at 11-8 00:09
But not a Spark controller............................

Spark Controller doesn't have auto discharge.  It was full for many weeks.
2020-11-8
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AntDX316 Posted at 11-8 00:17
Spark Controller doesn't have auto discharge.  It was full for many weeks.

Hence why I stated the RC do not auto discharge.
2020-11-8
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

A J Posted at 11-8 02:09
Hence why I stated the RC do not auto discharge.

The M2 Standard can be firmware updated I think.  So can the Phantom 4 controller I think.

Having them remain at full battery isn't good but I'm not sure if the controller energy design is different than the drone ones as it isn't a high-discharge on-demand style and a low-discharge one.

Without knowing this information, we can assume that there will be problems later or we ignore and think nothing of it.  As with anything in life, we can only cover so much so if anything goes super wrong from knowing or not knowing oh well.  You can build stuff perfectly and stuff can go wrong because it gets interacted w/ some other variable that came across that was basically 0.01% the effort to make the main thing.  Satisfaction and fulfillment through trust and ignorance can be great but when everything is boiled down and understood all the around from the inside out we will realize it's better to know and and handle less things.  I just try to understand the understanding in working more, to inject religion, creator belief, God will, etc. into everything because, just because we aren't thinking about something, does not mean something is not going on.  A computer can take over the procedures.  Not developing will just continue to result in more trust and ignorance but in the extreme sense, people would not like what they would hear when things have become too late but like I said, we can only do so much so w/ that said, if we never get an answer we should leave the controller battery system alone that could battery fail when it matters the most.  I've discharged mine down to 70-80% for storage manually as I have no idea.  I never really use the Spark or the M2 Standard controller anymore.  I've developed and memorized so many what ifs that Have happened as well as things that didn't know Could happen that to have mental peace for me, I just need to know what is possible and how come and go w/ it but as you know, all the possiblities are not covered and never covered unless you want to live in a small controlled shell but even in that environment things could still go wrong.
2020-11-8
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AntDX316 Posted at 11-8 11:12
The M2 Standard can be firmware updated I think.  So can the Phantom 4 controller I think.

Having them remain at full battery isn't good but I'm not sure if the controller energy design is different than the drone ones as it isn't a high-discharge on-demand style and a low-discharge one.

You're talking g about a battery in a remote controller for an old, discontinued toy drone. LMFAO - not the fact you now have a new President
2020-11-8
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

A J Posted at 11-8 12:37
You're talking g about a battery in a remote controller for an old, discontinued toy drone. LMFAO - not the fact you now have a new President

The M2 controller is not discontinued.
2020-11-8
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AntDX316 Posted at 11-8 19:21
The M2 controller is not discontinued.

SPARK CONTROLLER - that is the controller we are talking about in the spark section of the forum and the one written in your original post. STAY ON TOPIC!!!
2020-11-9
Use props
Sparkz71
lvl.4
Flight distance : 24259 ft
Australia

Dunno. I left my SPARK  RC unattended for 12 months. 90% charge. Still perfect after 12 months with natural loss, maybe 85-89% charge remaining.  No issue here. The world did not end.
No recharge for a test flight recently, but now down to 75% after a new phone, upgrades, data exports etc. Seems normal to me.

"Having them remain at full battery isn't good but I'm not sure if the controller energy design is different than the drone ones as it isn't a high-discharge on-demand style and a low-discharge one.
Without knowing this information, we can assume that there will be problems later or we ignore and think nothing of it"

Without testing yourself, how can you assume?  I tested your theory, incidentally,  & you have no need to assume any further.  I'm sure DJI would have updated the RC firmware to discharge the RC battery if was a concern.

Yes my actual Spark batteries went to sleep 'cos they do work hard. I had to wake them from a coma. But the RC was ready to fly.

So ya not sure, yet assume a problem that you can not prove nor identify?
2020-11-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules