7606 29 2020-11-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
I#39m Only James
lvl.2
Flight distance : 783875 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just purchased a Nikon Z6 II. Will eventually work for Ronin-S like the original Z6?
2020-11-5
Use props
djiuser_adWFg0RplHKE
New

India

I tried to connect  z6 ii with Ronin SC but it's not working
2020-11-6
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello there, currently we have not tested the compatibility of Nikon Z6 II with the Ronin-S/SC. We will forward your request to our engineers and you can keep an eye on our compatibility search list for the latest information: https://www.dji.com/support/compatibility?product=rs-2

Thanks!
2020-11-6
Use props
I#39m Only James
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_adWFg0RplHKE Posted at 11-6 02:33
I tried to connect  z6 ii with Ronin SC but it's not working

I guess we bought the Z6 II too fast...
2020-11-6
Use props
KS-6
lvl.4
Flight distance : 112559 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'll be testing the Z6II I get on Tuesday with my RS 2 and then the Z7II a month later for compatibility which I doubt will be fluid until a FW update is in place. I am keeping one Z6 until I am 100% certain of compatibility. Always good to play it safe when your job is on the line...
2020-11-6
Use props
KS-6
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I got my Z6II today and can confirm it does not work properly with the RS 2. It will focus, connect fine but a record logo with a slash appears on screen. It will also not work with Raveneye, that turns red once all powered up and properly connected.

I'm glad I held on to a Z6, it works perfect with that and I can wait out the FW update.
2020-11-10
Use props
Flyin Ryan 420
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2097713 ft
United States

Please update for z6ii. On ronin s focus or record button not working.
2020-11-11
Use props
Flyin Ryan 420
lvl.4
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 11-6 04:26
Hello there, currently we have not tested the compatibility of Nikon Z6 II with the Ronin-S/SC. We will forward your request to our engineers and you can keep an eye on our compatibility search list for the latest information: https://www.dji.com/support/compatibility?product=rs-2

Thanks!
Please update for Nikon Z6ii
2020-11-11
Use props
btuck
lvl.1
United States

Just adding to list of users requesting support for the Z6 II. I had assumed that the Z6 compatibility would apply to the Z6 II, but I was wrong. I suspect this is not an API change per se, but a simple model or version check in the RS 2 firmware that is failing with the newer iteration of the Nikon Z camera. I understand that software change and validation takes time, but hopefully the adoption of the Z6 II is quick...
2020-11-12
Use props
bastosboi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 232300 ft
Germany

I also got my Z 6II two days ago and the RSC 2 today. Although cable connection does indicate that a camera is plugged in, the controls do not work properly with the Z 6II. E..g. In the Ronin iOS app it shows aperture, iso and shutter speed, the interface even lets it change it. But it does not change on the Z6II.

Once for a couple of minutes I was able to change the camera ISO with the RSC‘s index finger wheel, but without changing anything this stopped working.

So very poor experience overall. Will have to operate the Z6II directly for now. Hoping for a firmware update.
2020-11-12
Use props
iDaddy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 585013 ft
Czechia

Adding myself to the queue of DJI Ronin RS 2 users with Nikon Z6 II who'd like at least the shutter/recording button support added to the new FW.
Thanks DJI!
2020-11-16
Use props
KS-6
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I bet they are waiting until the release of the Z7II which they should do. I have a Z6II now and a Z7II on order that is to start shipping first week of December so that is the realistic timeline for the FW update I would imagine.

If you are a full time working content creator like I am, then you saw the writing on the wall like I did and held onto at least one Z6 or Z7 in order to get right to work with the new RS 2 / RSC 2....or at least I hope you did.
2020-11-16
Use props
SproutStudio
lvl.1
Flight distance : 216086 ft
  • >>>
United States

Man, this is such a bummer. I also assumed Z6 would mean Z6 II. Silly me, should have learned from past experiences that DJI wouldn't really be on the ball here
2020-11-20
Use props
Roc Doc
lvl.1
United Arab Emirates

DJI Wanda Posted at 11-6 04:26
Hello there, currently we have not tested the compatibility of Nikon Z6 II with the Ronin-S/SC. We will forward your request to our engineers and you can keep an eye on our compatibility search list for the latest information: https://www.dji.com/support/compatibility?product=rs-2

Thanks!

Please make a firmware update as soon as possible. Many people cannot use their setup.
Jobs are at risk. Thhis is really not acceptable!

I too have a problem, nikon z6ii, ronin sc2, both fresh out of the box.
Plug in usb-c cable to rss and to camera.
Set disp lever to movie, set mode to P, turn on camera.
Red button on gimbal does not auto focus, does not start or stop video. It does take a snapshot if pressed and held.
The movie monitor rec icon has a line through it.
No explanation in nikon online manual, just 'cannot record movie'.
If I unplug cable from camera, I can record from camera movie button, reconnect cable and 'no record' icon appears.
Just about fed up enough to send the gimbal back !
I am wondering if this problem is because the Nikon Z6II is a new model.
And if so, when DJI will release a firmware update for the Nikon Z6II and Z7II.
2020-11-22
Use props
Earth_blazing
lvl.2
Flight distance : 57428 ft
Netherlands

Yeah gonna throw my head in the ring and the Z 6ii and Z7ii need to be added ASAP. This is kinda unacceptable.
2020-11-24
Use props
KS-6
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I just did the firmware update to the RS2 and Raveneye and can confirm they now work with the Nikon Z6II.
2020-11-25
Use props
I#39m Only James
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

KS-6 Posted at 11-25 08:13
I just did the firmware update to the RS2 and Raveneye and can confirm they now work with the Nikon Z6II.

Not seeing a new Firmware here in USA.
I have the Ronin-S, though. Looks like your talking about your Ronin-S2
Latest firmware for Ronin-S is V2.3.1.20 released 2020.06.10
2020-11-25
Use props
Flyin Ryan 420
lvl.4
United States

I#39m Only James Posted at 11-25 14:13
Not seeing a new Firmware here in USA.
I have the Ronin-S, though. Looks like your talking about your Ronin-S2
Latest firmware for Ronin-S is V2.3.1.20 released 2020.06.10

Yeah I see no update for ronin s yet. I hope soon.
2020-11-26
Use props
I#39m Only James
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Here's what gets me about DJI.
The RONIN-S was available BEFORE the RS Series and yet they provide firmware updates to RS Series before Ronin-S.
I have owned nearly every one of their flagship products and yet it's been the same story every time. Jokes on me.

Think about it DJI.
You've just as much time to ensure legacy devices work as you do with your current state.
But because you want to pander and pedal new wares, you leave US (the ones you pandered to just 9 months before) out in the cold; begging for your new wares when the old ones could work just fine.

I can't keep up.
I bought my Ronin-S this year and I can't even use it with a camera that came out this year.
I have a new $900 paper weight to sit along side the other DJI devices I have that are now antiquated solely because DJI won't support them.

I'm over it.
They don't care about us nor the fact that their devices become "seemingly" obsolete in such a short time frame.
These are my opinions but beware of the facts within. DJI is Money > Everything.
2020-12-2
Use props
Flyin Ryan 420
lvl.4
United States

I#39m Only James Posted at 12-2 07:22
Here's what gets me about DJI.
The RONIN-S was available BEFORE the RS Series and yet they provide firmware updates to RS Series before Ronin-S.
I have owned nearly every one of their flagship products and yet it's been the same story every time. Jokes on me.

Facts!!! Same thing every damn time huh? Lmao!
2020-12-2
Use props
GSP
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2120489 ft
  • >>>
United States

Please DJI - Z6 ii and Z7 ii compatibility for Ronin-S ASAP. Won't buy RS 2 for second rig until Ronin-S works because I need to trust that DJI will support similar products over time ...
2020-12-28
Use props
Earth_blazing
lvl.2
Flight distance : 57428 ft
Netherlands

GSP Posted at 12-28 16:02
Please DJI - Z6 ii and Z7 ii compatibility for Ronin-S ASAP. Won't buy RS 2 for second rig until Ronin-S works because I need to trust that DJI will support similar products over time ...

DJI THIIIIISSSSS ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
2020-12-30
Use props
Primseven
lvl.1
France

DO we have info if DJI will release Firmware for Nikon Z6 II and Ronin-SC?
I can do ... with the gimbal. Can't focus, and can't launch recording.
Might do a refund.
2021-1-16
Use props
I#39m Only James
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 2020-11-6 04:26

Thanks!

Are there any updates we can expect?
Or should I try to sell this unusable gimbal?
2021-1-31
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

I#39m Only James Posted at 1-31 20:19
Are there any updates we can expect?
Or should I try to sell this unusable gimbal?

Hello there, now the Ronin-S/SC can be used with the Nikon Z6 II/Z7 II: https://www.dji.com/support/compatibility?product=ronin-s

Please also check our latest release note and update the latest firmware, thank you.
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... elease_Notes_en.pdf
2021-2-1
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Primseven Posted at 1-16 04:31
DO we have info if DJI will release Firmware for Nikon Z6 II and Ronin-SC?
I can do ... with the gimbal. Can't focus, and can't launch recording.
Might do a refund.

Hello there, now the Ronin-S/SC can be used with the Nikon Z6 II/Z7 II: https://www.dji.com/support/compatibility?product=ronin-s

Please also check our latest release note and update the latest firmware, thank you.
2021-2-1
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

GSP Posted at 2020-12-28 16:02

2021-2-1
Use props
TxState
lvl.1

United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 2-1 03:06

I did the firmware update for the Z6ii AND the Ronin S and the record button on Ronin S still does not activate recording on the Z6ii.  I tried both the IR cable and the USB-c.   Neither worked.

What is the fix?

2021-7-2
Use props
hope4thefuture
lvl.1

United States

I just got raven eye and have a z 6ii. I can't seem to get it to active track. it says turn on motors to recenter gimbal. will this work with z6 ii?
2021-11-4
Use props
SproutStudio
lvl.1
Flight distance : 216086 ft
  • >>>
United States

Says fully compatible with Z6 ii. That's a lie. I should have learned to not trust DJI when it comes to firmware and compatibility.
2022-12-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules