Mavic Mini height restricted after app update.. help !
18474 24 2020-11-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
anubhab
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1280676 ft

India

Hi i recently updated my dji fly app for android from the official website but after updating the drone height is restricted to 15 mt.

Please let me know how to change it. It was working fine before app update.
214137e4xmmrewrubwymae.jpg
2020-11-5
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Are you close to an NFZ zone, that could be the reason.
2020-11-5
Use props
JohnLietzke
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3125968 ft
United States

The NFZ can be a problem.  You may need to authorize certain zones with a verified account to access a greater elevation.  I had that happen when the fires were burning in my area of California.  The NFZ database required authorization before I could takeoff and then again when I wanted to fly in an unaffected area on the map before I could get to the 400 ft altitude in unrestricted airspace.

It could also just be a glitch and deleting the app and reinstalling it may clear the problem.
2020-11-5
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hello there anubhab. Thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to read and to know that you are having an issue with your DJI Mavic mini flight altitude. For us to be able to assist you further, may I know if there are any other prompts on the DJI Fly app regarding the Geo-zones? by the way, for you to have a reference on our Geo-zones, you may refer to this official link we have for you. https://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-map Thank you.
2020-11-6
Use props
anubhab
lvl.3

India

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-6 00:38
Hello there anubhab. Thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to read and to know that you are having an issue with your DJI Mavic mini flight altitude. For us to be able to assist you further, may I know if there are any other prompts on the DJI Fly app regarding the Geo-zones? by the way, for you to have a reference on our Geo-zones, you may refer to this official link we have for you. https://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-map Thank you.

I did check the geozone and i am not in any NFZ. i uninstalled the app reinstalled same thing.

I rolled back to previous version of app and its works fine.. Not sure whats changed in the latest version.
2020-11-6
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

anubhab Posted at 11-6 00:43
I did check the geozone and i am not in any NFZ. i uninstalled the app reinstalled same thing.

I rolled back to previous version of app and its works fine.. Not sure whats changed in the latest version.

Did you update the settings e.g. take it out of beginner mode?
2020-11-6
Use props
anubhab
lvl.3

India

bjr981s Posted at 11-6 01:09
Did you update the settings e.g. take it out of beginner mode?

I tried changing the settings but the height setting is disabled.. I logged out & logged in my account.. disconnected & reconnected still the same..

The only way it workis is by reverting to the old version of the app..
2020-11-6
Use props
Arkadipta Dutta
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2895436 ft

India

Same thing is happening with my DJI Mini.
2020-11-6
Use props
Arkadipta Dutta
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2895436 ft

India

However there are no Geo Restrictions in my area, but still unable to fly higher than 15mts. Old version still works fine.
2020-11-6
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

anubhab Posted at 11-6 05:15
I tried changing the settings but the height setting is disabled.. I logged out & logged in my account.. disconnected & reconnected still the same..

The only way it workis is by reverting to the old version of the app..

Hi, anubhab. Thank you for patiently waiting for the feedback, I received a response from our corresponding team regarding the concern with the flight altitude. Please be advised that the 15m flight limitation phenomenon you had experienced is in fact a government-mandated regulation based on local laws in India. The maximum flight altitude of your drone should only be limited to the 15m range and this is normal. We hope that clarifies your concern with your recent flying experience. Thank you for understanding.
2020-11-9
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Strange......

In many countries legal height limit is 120 meter. But in the app we can set higher max values.
Guess DJI wil not sell many drones in India in the future....

Legal speed limit in my counry is 120 kmh, my motorcycles does 200....   ;-)  

BTW i am pro rules and do follow them (most of the times i do yes   )

cheers
JJB

2020-11-9
Use props
djiuser_ZYdj3Onl3mMD
lvl.1

Belize

Arkadipta Dutta Posted at 11-6 12:12
Same thing is happening with my DJI Mini.

Its because dji has put this restrictions in their new update that you will Not be able to fly above 15 meters because of indian government new rules unless u r using old app or u dont update it .
2020-12-29
Use props
EHEA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 363960 ft
Germany

JJB* Posted at 11-9 04:32
Strange......

In many countries legal height limit is 120 meter. But in the app we can set higher max values.

> Legal speed limit in my counry is 120 kmh, my motorcycles does 200....   ;-)  

That's because you can always visit your neighbors in car-crazy Germany  :-)

Here is a link about new regulations in India.

https://www.natlawreview.com/art ... ia-draft-rules-2020

From what I understand, the Mavic Mini used to fall into the "nano drone" category which is excempt from most regulations, but under the new rules, the capability of the Mini to fly higher that 15m would push it into the "micro drone" category which is under more severe restrictions. So to stay in the "nano" class, DJI enforces the 15m alt limit in the new app in India.
Now...there is also apparently a distance  limit of 100m for nano drones (or at least it was in the draft regulation at the time that article above was posted), so prepare for distance limits as well. If you downgrade the app and exceed 15m, I guess you will be in violation of the new rules..this is indeed not a bug, it's a feature.

HB
2020-12-29
Use props
djiuser_4XKwYni8YDh5
lvl.1
India

Well, this new update in India is outrageous to drone hobbyists! First they place location regulations on more than 50% of the country’s landscape, then they decrease the altitude compatibility out of fear from one accident that happened in 2016, and now they force you to register any drones above 250g, and if you do, you can’t take off the drones without gaining 24 hours earlier! And even if you gain permission, you will have to submit your filming, and only operated along a predefined route for a VERY specific time! This is hindering every prospect of drone development in this country. I’m dejected and disappointed beyond measure, I cant even fly my DJI Mavic Pro freely now. A forceful registration helps them track the drone if its switched on without notification. I’ll be glad to go to another country and fly them. Extremely dissatisfied. DJI, also, could you not keep a limit? Could you let the government regulate it themselves? Thanks to DJI, disrespect to the indian government
Filled with unhappiness.
2021-1-1
Use props
djiuser_4XKwYni8YDh5
lvl.1
India

DJI, this is a direct message to you.I need you to escalate this matter immediately and promptly. In other countries, even when there are height restrictions like 120 m or so, you have never put up an uncrossable limit in the app itself. Users are warned and can go above 120m on their own, if they take full responsibility for their actions. But in India, you have placed a limit that we cant change no matter what, and that too at 15m. I understand that was a new government rule, but it cant be made a default setting in the app! Us users take full responsibility for our actions, so do remove that restrictions. Otherwise I’m not buying my mini 2. I’m planing on getting around 10 of them, but here you are, placing random limits. This is ridiculous and unfathomably outrageous. Hope you make a fix in the next 10 days. Otherwise I’m not getting anymore DJI drones again.
2021-1-4
Use props
djiuser_CGDhPiIPmAxc
New

India

Dear concerned person of DJI what a mess you have made by yourself you didn't even realize.As per govt norms any drones with their digital signature has already been registered and if those who have not resgister will be forced to knock down but when we have registered so why to reduce capabilities of a nano drone when each and every flight log is saved and if any mishappen occures the concerned owner will be responsible.I have recently purchased DJI MAVIC MINI during covid lockdown but now I feel it is usefull only to bring cigrates and paan masala
2021-1-14
Use props
tanmaysakpal11
lvl.1
India

djiuser_4XKwYni8YDh5 Posted at 1-1 22:29
Well, this new update in India is outrageous to drone hobbyists! First they place location regulations on more than 50% of the country’s landscape, then they decrease the altitude compatibility out of fear from one accident that happened in 2016, and now they force you to register any drones above 250g, and if you do, you can’t take off the drones without gaining 24 hours earlier! And even if you gain permission, you will have to submit your filming, and only operated along a predefined route for a VERY specific time! This is hindering every prospect of drone development in this country. I’m dejected and disappointed beyond measure, I cant even fly my DJI Mavic Pro freely now. A forceful registration helps them track the drone if its switched on without notification. I’ll be glad to go to another country and fly them. Extremely dissatisfied. DJI, also, could you not keep a limit? Could you let the government regulate it themselves? Thanks to DJI, disrespect to the indian government
Filled with unhappiness.

Absolutely sad about this man!. I got the brand new mini 2 and was so excited to fly it. When I did its first flight I couldnt go beyond 15meters so I thought maybe I am in some restricted area. Well turns out the entire country is restricted zone LOL
I gotta switch country now to fly this drone higher than 15 meters! LOL
2021-3-3
Use props
Satchit
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1020479 ft
India

djiuser_4XKwYni8YDh5 Posted at 1-1 22:29
Well, this new update in India is outrageous to drone hobbyists! First they place location regulations on more than 50% of the country’s landscape, then they decrease the altitude compatibility out of fear from one accident that happened in 2016, and now they force you to register any drones above 250g, and if you do, you can’t take off the drones without gaining 24 hours earlier! And even if you gain permission, you will have to submit your filming, and only operated along a predefined route for a VERY specific time! This is hindering every prospect of drone development in this country. I’m dejected and disappointed beyond measure, I cant even fly my DJI Mavic Pro freely now. A forceful registration helps them track the drone if its switched on without notification. I’ll be glad to go to another country and fly them. Extremely dissatisfied. DJI, also, could you not keep a limit? Could you let the government regulate it themselves? Thanks to DJI, disrespect to the indian government
Filled with unhappiness.

Well, DJI does not want to lose its sale in India and neither do we want to make their sales fall. We can ask them to remove the restrictions and let DGCA do their own crap, even the Indian Police keeps on doing such non-sense.
2021-3-4
Use props
djiuser_S0sR52DcpG34
New

India

100% working trick ✅
DJI Mavic mini 15 meter limit solution
Watch video by "Ghumketu"  channel on YouTube, he has explained the trick / hack / solution in detail
Search on youtube "mavic mini 15 metre limit ghumketu  " for exact results
2021-4-12
Use props
djiuser_ld8b3P6Vg6RY
lvl.1
Flight distance : 87927 ft
India

anubhab Posted at 2020-11-6 00:43

Could you tell me which was the previous version ?
2021-8-3
Use props
mmanoj
lvl.1
India

With the Drone Rules 2021 officially published on 26th August 2021 the green zone height has been lifted to 400ft (120m). Hope DJI would quickly update their app to let us, the Indian customers enjoy the true potential of these drones and even invite new customers.

Come on DJI.. the ball is in your court.

The new rules: https://egazette.nic.in/WriteReadData/2021/229221.pdf
2021-8-27
Use props
K6CCC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 651683 ft
United States

I could not read the new rules since I don't speak or read Hindi (used to speak a little Marathi), so I don't know what the effective date is, but it sounds like you are complaining that DJI has not changed their firmware as a result of rule changes that were published yesterday.  Give it a little while...
2021-8-27
Use props
Anirban1808
lvl.1

India

K6CCC Posted at 8-27 09:42
I could not read the new rules since I don't speak or read Hindi (used to speak a little Marathi), so I don't know what the effective date is, but it sounds like you are complaining that DJI has not changed their firmware as a result of rule changes that were published yesterday.  Give it a little while...

All Indian laws are primarily in English. However, the gazette (equivalent of the US Federal Register) starts with with a Hindi version and then in English. Do scroll down halfway.  In case of mismatch, the English version prevails.
2021-8-27
Use props
K6CCC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 651683 ft
United States

Ah ha.  I did not scroll past the first page.  Looks like the effective date is the date it is published (quick read).

In case you're wondering, my Mom was born and raised in north central India (missionary kid).  She left at the beginning of World War 2 and has not returned.  My grandparents returned after the war until they retired in 1964.  My Grandpa taught me a little Marathi about 30 years ago.  I don't remember any of it now.
2021-8-27
Use props
djiuser_HMpb6LNbrnPO
lvl.1
Flight distance : 109088 ft
India

mmanoj Posted at 8-27 07:08
With the Drone Rules 2021 officially published on 26th August 2021 the green zone height has been lifted to 400ft (120m). Hope DJI would quickly update their app to let us, the Indian customers enjoy the true potential of these drones and even invite new customers.

Come on DJI.. the ball is in your court.

Can we upvote this comment? Dji will hopefully make the update quickly.
2021-9-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules