Is the RS2 joystick calibration to sensitive by DJI?
6447 6 2020-11-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
leicasmile
lvl.1

United States

Hey guys, just got my rs2 gimbal and had a question to see if an issue I have is common with all rs2's.
It just seems like using the rs2 joystick is a hit or miss when you press the joystick up, down left or right for it to go solely in one direction,  The joystick is so sensitive it will usually go in two directions when pressed unless I'm super, super precise and delicately use the joystick ever so gently and very slowly.

For example Pressing it left all the way, 60 percent of the time it goes left and also sometimes tilts the camera slightly upward while going left. Pressing it up and down too, it will go in those directions but also pan the gimble left or right at same time sometimes. I've played around with all the rs2 speed settings and smoothness bit it doesn't seem to have any effect on sensitivity.  I just want the gimble to go left if I press it left or right when I press it right etc etc.

This did not happen on my ronin S. On the ronin s didn't even have to think. I pressed the joystick left it went left, right and it went right. On the rs2 unless you touch it just perfectly and precisely and press it slowly then it goes in two directions as mentioned above. Is this common? Thanks in advance.

2020-11-6
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, we are sorry about the issue on the RS2 with you. Have you ever tried the virtual joystick on the Ronin app? If the virtual joystick works well, you can select the User Profile-Control-Channel, to see if the value on the CH1 & CH3 is zero when the gimbal is static. If the values are greater than 0, you need to calibrate the joystick.

If the suggestion above still does not solve your issue, could you provide any video for us to refer?

Thanks a lot.
2020-11-6
Use props
djiuser_u33sdrrsrxNC
lvl.2
Flight distance : 782828 ft
  • >>>
Vietnam

DJI Wanda Posted at 2020-11-6 04:23
Hello, we are sorry about the issue on the RS2 with you. Have you ever tried the virtual joystick on the Ronin app? If the virtual joystick works well, you can select the User Profile-Control-Channel, to see if the value on the CH1 & CH3 is zero when the gimbal is static. If the values are greater than 0, you need to calibrate the joystick.

If the suggestion above still does not solve your issue, could you provide any video for us to refer?

Hi, I having problem with the Joystick of RS2, Could you show me how to calibrate it ?
2021-3-14
Use props
Ashok Gutlapally
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1250013 ft
  • >>>
India

DJI Wanda Posted at 2020-11-6 04:23
Hello, we are sorry about the issue on the RS2 with you. Have you ever tried the virtual joystick on the Ronin app? If the virtual joystick works well, you can select the User Profile-Control-Channel, to see if the value on the CH1 & CH3 is zero when the gimbal is static. If the values are greater than 0, you need to calibrate the joystick.

HI,
My RONIN RS2 is useless from 1 month of using. CHANNEL 3 showing 136 and drifting PAN axis. autotune etc not helped me. please show me how to calibrate joystick in RS2. previously used RONIN-S, in which joystick calibration starts with 4 clicks and hold. In RS2, the option not working. A big disappoint as a fan of DJI.
2021-11-6
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_u33sdrrsrxNC Posted at 3-14 21:45
Hi, I having problem with the Joystick of RS2, Could you show me how to calibrate it ?

Hi, there. Sorry for the late response. Please check the following things:
(1)Please complete “Auto-Tune” (the “Auto-Tune” function includes the “Control Stick Calibration” function).
(2)  If the problem persists after several times of running “Auto-Tune”, please send it back for further examination. Here is the link: https://www.dji.com/service/repair?from=store_footer
2021-11-26
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Ashok Gutlapally Posted at 11-6 23:22
HI,
My RONIN RS2 is useless from 1 month of using. CHANNEL 3 showing 136 and drifting PAN axis. autotune etc not helped me. please show me how to calibrate joystick in RS2. previously used RONIN-S, in which joystick calibration starts with 4 clicks and hold. In RS2, the option not working. A big disappoint as a fan of DJI.

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. Would you please contact our support through email for help?
https://www.dji.com/support?from=store_footer
2021-11-26
Use props
Blckframestudio
New

Croatia

i found kind of a workaround, you can make custom preset on one of the modes and put speed for tilt 0. than you have a mode where jozstick works only left\right
2021-12-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules