Raveneye not working
12Next >
20773 44 2020-11-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
abase21
lvl.1
Germany

..so now I have the fantastic gimbel with the RAVENEYE - the gimbel woks perfect, but the RAVENEYE don`t work.

After turning on the RAVENEYE the status light stayes red and and the tree white lights are blinking.

Nothing happened as a connect the cables

To turn of the RAVENEYE I have to hold the button for more than 20 seconds

Any idea what is going on?
Have I to send back RAVENEYE?

I have connect the RAVENEYE correct via HDMI and communication port as mentioned in the user manuel
Sony a7RIV, Ronin RS2 and Samsung Galaxy S7

2020-11-6
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, thanks for the information above. The red light on the indicator of the Raveneye showed that it does not connect with the gimbal. Have you checked that the USB-C to USB-C cable (20cm) is connected well between the gimbal and the Transmitter?  Could you provide any video regarding with the issue? We can help to check the status, thank you.
2020-11-6
Use props
abase21
lvl.1
Germany

..how can I upload a video?  I don`t have any account on dropbox or so..
My new test with the A7S III is that the light turn to blue, but still all the white LEDs are blinking and the app does not find any WI-Fi (connect to RAVENEYE)..
With the A7RIV the light stays red...

..but I have a flicker account ;-)

https://flic.kr/p/2k3X2YD
2020-11-6
Use props
abase21
lvl.1
Germany

..so I got it to work – it was a bunch of problems to solve ;-)
After some readings I realised that my Samsung S7 has only 2.4G Wi-Fi, but the RAVENEYE is by default on a 5G Wi-Fi, after seeking the RAVENEYE Wi-Fi with my IPad I found it and a was able to connect.  In the app under Info I saw the Serial of the RAVENEYE and for firmware the where two –
So the Raveneye was without firmware – after some further research I was able to install the firmware to the RAVENEYE (over the DJI app)
Now the RAVENEYE works as expected ;-)
2020-11-7
Use props
ogburrigmail.com
lvl.2
  • >>>
Switzerland

Hello Abase21,

I have exactly the same problem. It's a shame because otherwise, the gimbal is great.

Can you please tell me how did you manage to solve it by upgrading the RE firmware?

I have struggled all afternoon without joy.

Thanks
2020-11-7
Use props
abase21
lvl.1
Germany

.. with the 3 blinking  LEDs you should be able to connect to the Wi-FI (do this first). Press the power button of the RAVENEYE more than 15 seconds until all the lights are off. Then switch the RAVENEYE on again (LEDs are still blinking). Now on the app at the top right you should see the link to update the firmware (I`m on android)
2020-11-7
Use props
ogburrigmail.com
lvl.2
  • >>>
Switzerland

Thanks very much for your reply. I'll try that tomorrow morning...
2020-11-7
Use props
Corsair2814
lvl.1
Flight distance : 40144 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just another ...ty product dji rolls out without any clear documentation.  I'm not fucking chinese.
2020-11-11
Use props
ogburrigmail.com
lvl.2
  • >>>
Switzerland

They have apparently changed the link to the documentation. Now it's in plain English.

But, on my side, I still cannot manage to reset this lemon.
2020-11-11
Use props
abase21
lvl.1
Germany

where are you hanging guys - mine work fine now! Are you able to see and login in to the RAVENEYE Network?
2020-11-12
Use props
ogburrigmail.com
lvl.2
  • >>>
Switzerland

Nope it's impossible to join the RavenEye WiFi network  more than 5 secs on an IPhone. It disconnects saying that the channel has changed. Looks like it's a firmware bug linked to the phone version. This is why support is asking us to remove the simcard, which is weird.

I managed to connect once with an Android phone but there was no firmware upgrade available.

How did you manage to perform a reset ?
2020-11-12
Use props
ogburrigmail.com
lvl.2
  • >>>
Switzerland

There is no software update yet for RavenEye

See the following post:

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D561%26typeid%3D561
2020-11-12
Use props
abase21
lvl.1
Germany

..try to remove the raveneye network from your phone  - there is a bug in the Raveneye, if you connect to the network and you change the password, you are not promped for the password again. At this stage I was also hanging. You have to have a stable network connection.
After you have remove the network and reconect to your phone it should work.

If you are connected to the RAVENEYE you can try the following
----

.. with the 3 blinking  LEDs you should be able to connect to the Wi-FI (do this first). Press the power button of the RAVENEYE more than 15 seconds until all the lights are off. Then switch the RAVENEYE on again (LEDs are still blinking). Now on the app at the top right you should see the link to update the firmware (I`m on android)

---
The link for the firmware is in the DJI app (top part) , don`t connect than to the Raveneye  when you see the link.

I hope it works for you....
2020-11-12
Use props
ogburrigmail.com
lvl.2
  • >>>
Switzerland

abase21 Posted at 11-12 08:34
..try to remove the raveneye network from your phone  - there is a bug in the Raveneye, if you connect to the network and you change the password, you are not promped for the password again. At this stage I was also hanging. You have to have a stable network connection.

Thanks abase21 for your detailed indications. Appreciate( Danke viel mal!)

But as you can see in the following post, DJI says there is no firmware update, which is a mystery to me!

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D561%26typeid%3D561
2020-11-12
Use props
ogburrigmail.com
lvl.2
  • >>>
Switzerland

abase21 Posted at 11-12 08:34

To be sure coz I don't want to miss something,by DJI App, you mean the RONIN app?
2020-11-12
Use props
abase21
lvl.1
Germany

..yes it is the Ronin app - the firmware,  sure it is the original firmware, but when you have the same problem as I, the firmware is not in the correct state, you will see that, when you have a stable wi-fi connection  
2020-11-12
Use props
ogburrigmail.com
lvl.2
  • >>>
Switzerland

Ok I do understand. It's not a real firmware update with new code but kind of a refresh of an incorrect installation....   I will keep trying today and God knows....  Thanks
2020-11-12
Use props
djiuser010101
lvl.3
Malta

ogburrigmail.com Posted at 11-12 22:30
Ok I do understand. It's not a real firmware update with new code but kind of a refresh of an incorrect installation....   I will keep trying today and God knows....  Thanks

Did you manage to find a fix? My RavenEye is blinking red with 3 white LEDs and I cannot find a way to switch it off. When I hold it for about 15sec, it retarts.
2020-11-13
Use props
Corsair2814
lvl.1
Flight distance : 40144 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have a Sony A7S III, I can connect to Raveneye but the indicator never turns green, it stays blue and I can't track anything.  None of the suggestions work as of yet.
2020-11-13
Use props
ogb
lvl.2
  • >>>
Switzerland

djiuser010101 Posted at 11-13 07:50
Did you manage to find a fix? My RavenEye is blinking red with 3 white LEDs and I cannot find a way to switch it off. When I hold it for about 15sec, it retarts.

Not at all.

I stopped fighting. Tired of struggling with brand new stuff that's not working from day one.

They say they gonna release a new firmware this week. Not sure I trust them as they did not acknowledge a problem for days saying for example you must have an exotic mobile phone carrier...WTF!?!

I use my Hollyland Mars 400S instead. Works perfectly...
2020-11-15
Use props
djiuser010101
lvl.3
Malta

ogb Posted at 11-15 23:34
Not at all.

I stopped fighting. Tired of struggling with brand new stuff that's not working from day one.

I trust that they will release a firmware that works this week. Its literally the only reason why people got the Pro Combo. I would also have gone with the Hollyland Mars if DJI didn't offer the Raveneye. Quite sure they need to get it to work, as some of their clients are professional cinematographers.
2020-11-16
Use props
pinggui
New

Germany

abase21 Posted at 11-7 12:55
..so I got it to work – it was a bunch of problems to solve ;-)
After some readings I realised that my Samsung S7 has only 2.4G Wi-Fi, but the RAVENEYE is by default on a 5G Wi-Fi, after seeking the RAVENEYE Wi-Fi with my IPad I found it and a was able to connect.  In the app under Info I saw the Serial of the RAVENEYE and for firmware the where two –
So the Raveneye was without firmware – after some further research I was able to install the firmware to the RAVENEYE (over the DJI app)

Hello Quick question: After your setup with the Ipad and everything was working. Did you managed to use our Samsung S7 as well? Like chaninging Wifi or something. Or are you forced to upgrade your smartphone
I ask, because I have the same phone but my Rs2 didn't arrived yet.
2020-11-20
Use props
abase21
lvl.1
Germany

pinggui Posted at 11-20 02:45
Hello Quick question: After your setup with the Ipad and everything was working. Did you managed to use our Samsung S7 as well? Like chaninging Wifi or something. Or are you forced to upgrade your smartphone
I ask, because I have the same phone but my Rs2 didn't arrived yet.

..yes after I have change the settings in the Ronin App  (WI-FI to 2.4 ) everything works now fine ;-)
I think the connection is a bit slower but for tracking it is enouph
2020-11-20
Use props
djiuser_yJkLZQqM7AP2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 268625 ft
Germany

Frustrating stuff.. Can't even turn off my raven eye with 15 seconds holding the button
2020-12-19
Use props
DGBarar
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

abase21 Posted at 11-20 03:25
..yes after I have change the settings in the Ronin App  (WI-FI to 2.4 ) everything works now fine ;-)
I think the connection is a bit slower but for tracking it is enouph

Hi abase:

I have been unable to find the settings in the app to change WI-FI to 2.4 GHz.  Where is this located?

Don
2020-12-19
Use props
abase21
lvl.1
Germany

Hi Don,
..it is necessary to have a stable connection to the RAVENEYE - and then change to the RAVENEYE screen and from there you will find the setting (on the right)
2020-12-19
Use props
DGBarar
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

abase21 Posted at 12-19 10:14
Hi Don,
..it is necessary to have a stable connection to the RAVENEYE - and then change to the RAVENEYE screen and from there you will find the setting (on the right)

Hi abase,

I found it.  Easy setting change if you scroll down far enough.

Thank you.

Don
2020-12-19
Use props
djiuser_yJkLZQqM7AP2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 268625 ft
Germany

Okay.. I fixed it with the following steps:

Find yourself a phone they are recommanding the RONIN App for..

needs iOS 11.0 or higher

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11, iPhone Xs Max, iPhone Xs, iPhone Xr, iPhone X, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone se.

needs Android 7.0 or higher

Samsung Galaxy S20+, Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra, Samsung Galaxy S20, Samsung Galaxy S10+, Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S9+, Samsung Galaxy S9, Samsung Galaxy S8+, Samsung Galaxy S8, Samsung Galaxy Note10+, Samsung Galaxy Note 10, Samsung Galaxy Note9, Samsung Galaxy Note8, Huawei P40 pro, Huawei P40, Huawei P30 pro, Huawei P30, Huawei P20 Pro, Huawei P20, Huawei Mate 30 pro, Huawei Mate 30, Huawei Honor 30 Pro, Huawei Honor 30, Huawei Honor V30, Huawei Honor V20, Huawei Honor 20 Pro, Huawei Honor 20, Huawei Honor 9, Huawei Nova 5 Pro, Huawei Nova 5, Xiaomi 10 Pro, Xiaomi 10, Xiaomi 9, Xiaomi 8, Xiaomi CC9 Pro, Redmi K30 Pro, Redmi K30, Redmi Note8 Pro, Redmi Note8, Redmi Note7 Pro, Redmi Note7, Vivo X50 pro, Vivo X50, Vivo X30 pro, Vivo X30, OPPO FIND X2 pro, OPPO Realme X2 pro, OPPO R15, Google Pixel 4, Google Pixel 4 XL, Google Pixel 3 XL, Google Pixel 2, Oneplus 8 pro, Oneplus 8

download the RONIN App on one of the recommanded phones. (i had to ask my dad, he owns a Huawaii P30)

Start your raveneye system (check for every cable to be correctly connected)

connect on the recommanded phone to raven eye and go into the raveneye options..

wifi options

there is a option with 5.0 and you have to put it to 2.4? i dont use my gimbal currently and didnt made screenshots but thats how i could finally connect with my personal phone to raven eye

hope i could help someone

~hannes
2020-12-21
Use props
Andy68
lvl.1
Germany

Hi everybody, I have the same problem that there is no WiFi connection. I checked you post and I will try if this was helpful and I keep you informed...

But it was very helpfull to understand the problem.
2021-1-5
Use props
djiuser_fVm9LNYGTVgu
New

United States

Hi, I am trying to connect raveneye to rsc2 with Sony a6400. While connecting raveneye to phone the light turns blue but does not turn green. And in phone image is not transmitting.
2021-1-8
Use props
ArkadiuszBomba
lvl.1
Flight distance : 190889 ft
  • >>>
Poland

hello my name is Arek. I have a very strange problem.
1. I connect the SONY A7III with the SONY cable and then the Raven eye works, but the exposure control (ISO, Aperture, Shutter speed) does not work.
2.If I connect SONY A7III with a USB type C - USB-C cable, then the exposure control, focus control (without a motor) and Raven eye work, but when I turn on the recording, the image disappears on the phone screen (the image is only camera). When I turn off recording, the image on the phone comes back.

How to do it? I would like to have a picture on my phone while recording.
2021-1-24
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

ArkadiuszBomba Posted at 1-24 05:47
hello my name is Arek. I have a very strange problem.
1. I connect the SONY A7III with the SONY cable and then the Raven eye works, but the exposure control (ISO, Aperture, Shutter speed) does not work.
2.If I connect SONY A7III with a USB type C - USB-C cable, then the exposure control, focus control (without a motor) and Raven eye work, but when I turn on the recording, the image disappears on the phone screen (the image is only camera). When I turn off recording, the image on the phone comes back.

Hello, we are sorry for the current situation on the Sony camera with Raven eye. When using the Multi cable, some camera function cannot be achieved as the compatible result listed: https://www.dji.com/support/compatibility/rs-2/a7r3

And we are sorry about the issue you had with DJI RS2 and Raveneye. As using USB-C shutter control cables will lead to occupying the bandwidth of Sony camera processors. Therefore, Sony currently prioritize USB-C signal more than HDMI signal. As a result, the Ronin app is not able to receive the video signal.

We have already noticed this issue and are currently working on a solution with Sony. We suggest you to use the Sony Muti camera cable that enables you to get signals from the HDMI.
2021-1-24
Use props
fans1d1f4444
New
Flight distance : 5282 ft
Austria

abase21 Posted at 2020-11-7 13:52

You are great abase21.
I had the same problems and now it works,because of your post.
Thank youvery much !
2021-2-3
Use props
esse.elle.media
New

Spain

Hi everyone,

are there any news from DJI regarding raveneye's issues?

during the very first use it switched channel and now I can't connect to its wifi anymore
(I already read about how to fix it, just can't find a device that sees the wifi)

also, after a forced restart the unit now has the 3 white lights blinking, can't do anything apart from turning it off

can someone help? the unit is basically useless at the moment

Thank you
2021-3-7
Use props
esse.elle.media
New

Spain

I GOT IT !

here's how to fix the blinking lights issue:

find a device that can see the raveneye's wifi (in my case it was an iphone7+),

connect to the raveneye, open the app and change the wifi frequency back to 2.4ghz (I also changed the password, just in case)

the app will prompt you to update the raveneye's firmware, wait for it to finish, and it's done!

the device is now back to normal, no blinking lights, and the video feed works
2021-3-8
Use props
RevelAction
lvl.1

Senegal

hello,
can you help me please, I have a problem with my Raveneye since it was unloaded, it hasn't been recharging since yesterday?
C1BC7E66-496D-49A0-AE47-E3024F0B16A6.jpeg
2021-4-10
Use props
djiuser_X0CMxJufEVCk
New

United States

esse.elle.media Posted at 3-8 01:50
I GOT IT !

here's how to fix the blinking lights issue:

But how are you connecting?? My lights flash I see the Raveneye on WiFi? And it won’t take the password??
2021-5-15
Use props
djiuser_MAaOjvv2fTjh
lvl.1
Portugal

my raveneye not turn on .
i only used one time .
anyone help me?
2021-11-18
Use props
djiuser_z0hJqYxC4qVF
New

United States

My Raven eye connects to a different RavenEye-not mines
2022-10-16
Use props
juanvalecosta
New

Estonia

abase21 Posted at 2020-11-6 05:19
..how can I upload a video?  I don`t have any account on dropbox or so..
My new test with the A7S III is that the light turn to blue, but still all the white LEDs are blinking and the app does not find any WI-Fi (connect to RAVENEYE)..
With the A7RIV the light stays red...

Hi, this is such a pity, I'm having the same issue but I have the Sony A7 iv how can I fix it?
2023-3-27
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules