537 3 2020-11-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Smashey1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 173422 ft
Ireland

Hello All

I'm thinking about getting a smart controller and have a few questions for those that use them - specifically if they've more than one drone.

I can see that you can link the controller to any suitable Ocusync 2 drone, but can the smart controller store or remember that link - I'd be wanting to use the SC with 2 diffenet drone models long term. Would I have to re-link every time I swapped drones - and if anyone already does this does it throw up any problems?

I see from the website the HDMI port can 'playback' in 4K but what about live feeds - obviously those are restricted to the video quality of the ocusync link but does this pass through pure video or does it have the app graphics overlayed?

Thanks
2020-11-6
Use props
bjr981s
lvl.4
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

The SC saves the Link data for all the drones it links to. I have mine linked to M2 Zoom, M2 Pro and M Air 2. No relinking required.

The HDMI output is the same as what you can see on your Smart Controller. You can use Goggles White and Goggles RE 2 for all supported drones you can link to without linking the Goggles or in the case of the Goggles RE reducing your range if linked. You just don't get head tracking. So the HDMI connection is a major advantage.

So it has the App data overlaid. Which is more useful to you if you use goggles. You can always get the 4K HD from the SD card later.
2020-11-6
Use props
Smashey1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 173422 ft
Ireland

bjr981s Posted at 11-6 03:21
The SC saves the Link data for all the drones it links to. I have mine linked to M2 Zoom, M2 Pro and M Air 2. No relinking required.

The HDMI output is the same as what you can see on your Smart Controller. You can use Goggles White and Goggles RE 2 for all supported drones you can link to without linking the Goggles or in the case of the Goggles RE reducing your range if linked. You just don't get head tracking. So the HDMI connection is a major advantage.

Thanks - time to start saving then
2020-11-6
Use props
bjr981s
lvl.4
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Smashey1 Posted at 11-6 09:41
Thanks - time to start saving then

You will love it. Easy to use super bright screen and plenty of options to play with.
2020-11-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules