Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Mini 2 first impressions
600 4 2020-11-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ZeuS-FL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5782297 ft
  • >>>
United States

have already 3 flights completed with the DJI Mini 2 and here are my observations:
  • The plastic material feel much more solid and can not be bend easily like the MM1
  • The Mavic Air 2 controller does not want to link with the DJI Mini 2.
  • The Mavic Air 2 controller has 4 white LED (for battery levels) and the DJI Mini 2 controllers LED are green
  • The DJI Mini 2 has a nose LED and you can modify the color about 8 or 10 options of colors. You can set as rainbow, Solid or blinking (that is cool)
  • You can zoom the camera up to 4X zoom in 1080P, 3X in 2.7K and 2X in 4K at least in video mode. I still need to check in photo mode.
  • Talking with the people of DJI, you can use the Mavic Mini Battery in the DJI Mini 2.
  • The video transmission seen very lag comparing with my smart controller setup even at 20FT distance. I am pretty sure this will be corrected in feature firmware's.
  • I experience a full disconnection for 2 seconds with the aircraft 20 ft. from me, but 100ft altitude. This was a glitch. This I am pretty sure will be corrected in a near feature firmware.
  • The DJI Mini 2 is the most quiet drone that I ever test. Is much quiet than the Mavic Air 2. Comparing with the Mavic Mini 1 does not have comparison in how much quiet is.
  • Today was windy and it handle the wind very well but still I experience side drag. (was very windy)
  • I tested a top speed of 36.37Mph in sport mode
  • The Air Data is not reporting correctly miss reporting wrong battery levels information, distance, altitude and others. I reported already to Airdata.com
  • Just find out, by uploading the Flight logs manually to Airdata.com reports correctly
  • The video resolution is very good but notice some noise comparing with the Mavic Air 2
  • The pictures are ok. The DMG file is very useful.
  • The AEB only takes 2 pictures (I was hoping for 3)

I will add more information as I keep testing.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
2020-11-6
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hello Zeus, I appreciate your feedback for the Mini 2 and thank you for reaching us out. This will be a helpful review to our members. Always fly safe and enjoy your new Mini 2. Thank you for your support.  
2020-11-6
Use props
djiuser_jlXvtbqzCyHi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4725190 ft
Spain

Thanks for sharing your experience and details about your first flights
2020-11-6
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft