D-Cinelike / D-log / Video Profiles
13571 38 2020-11-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ABeardedItalian
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1063107 ft
United States

I thought I would start this thread and get an early jump start on the mini 3's feature requests.

DJI Please Add a Video Profile, you have answered our cries from the mini 1 and have outdone yourself, but for the mini 2 to be truly the Swiss army knife of entry level drones were desperately lacking a D-Cinelike, D-log, Video profile to unlock the full potential of our 4k Video Capture.

With the addition of a Cinelike Profile the Mini 2's camera capabilities will bar none be the best in it's class.

Thank you, your customers.

Single SelectVote, Total 154 people participate in voting
Your user group with no voting privileges
2020-11-6
Use props
TDZHDTV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2068550 ft
United Kingdom

Agreed, please add it to Mini 2
2020-11-6
Use props
TDZHDTV
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Agreed, please add it to Mini 2
2020-11-6
Use props
JohnLietzke
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3125968 ft
United States

The Mini 2 may not have the onboard processing capabilities to support these Video types.  Hopefully the Mini 2 was engineered to have these features added.
2020-11-6
Use props
VanzPix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 229672 ft
France

please add it also to the MM after all it's doable
2020-11-6
Use props
ABeardedItalian
Second Officer
United States

VanzPix Posted at 11-6 20:24
please add it also to the MM after all it's doable

Of course, Just Like Raw, and, Zoom, and Pano, and AEB, and HDR we will be happy to port All Our Software Improvements over to the mini 1 as a Thank you for being a loyal DJI Customer....

At least the mini 3 will have Video profiles, HDR 10bit, 1080p 120fps, 720p 240.

2020-11-7
Use props
VanzPix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 229672 ft
France

ABeardedItalian Posted at 11-7 04:07
Of course, Just Like Raw, and, Zoom, and Pano, and AEB, and HDR we will be happy to port All Our Software Improvements over to the mini 1 as a Thank you for being a loyal DJI Customer....

At least the mini 3 will have Video profiles, HDR 10bit, 1080p 120fps, 720p 240.

I do not ask as much lol the raw format in addition will be more than enough for me. ;)
2020-11-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there ABeardedItalian.  Thank you for reaching out and for sharing these information and your valued insights with regards to this matter for the DJI Mini 2. I will forward these information and this thread to the designated DJI department for further attention. All significant suggestions or requests will be implemented after the evaluation of the DJI Engineers. For the latest DJI Mini 2 updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your valued support and fly safe always.
2020-11-8
Use props
fans427539f9
lvl.3
Flight distance : 148 ft
Australia

JohnLietzke Posted at 11-6 15:32
The Mini 2 may not have the onboard processing capabilities to support these Video types.  Hopefully the Mini 2 was engineered to have these features added.

Honestly I am not sure if it needs any onboard processing capabilities higher than applying color correction to currently captured video (and I can ensure you that video which is recorded now on Mini 2 is after very heavy color correction).
2020-11-10
Use props
GoAround
lvl.2
Flight distance : 99649 ft
United Kingdom

Agreed. I think it would probably need less power to do D-Cinelike. I would also use this if it was provided. What I would really like is the addition of profile adjustments so I could turn down sharpness a tad on videos.
2020-11-12
Use props
itsdavesdrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6763835 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Next year, Mini 3 will have it. They are like Apple holding back features for future products... they could have added raw and 4k to the original mini but held back.
2020-11-18
Use props
Through The Lens
First Officer
Flight distance : 372992 ft
United States

itsdavesdrone Posted at 11-18 12:09
Next year, Mini 3 will have it. They are like Apple holding back features for future products... they could have added raw and 4k to the original mini but held back.

true
2020-12-2
Use props
Alevpi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 43560 ft
Germany

It would be great, but it's better to start with Focus Track in manual mode
2020-12-3
Use props
ABeardedItalian
Second Officer
United States

Guy's can we keep it on topic please, when the mini 1 released everyone was to busy crying about Active track instead of Raw, they used the one feature a lot of us could of actually used was now used as a selling point for the mini 2. Don't let DJI money grub us, Video Profiles shouldn't be a selling point, it should be an existing feature of the camera.

Please bump this thread so DJI know's not to Nickle and Dime us when these features should be present in the current mini 2.
2020-12-5
Use props
TDZHDTV
Second Officer
United Kingdom

I agree, makes no sense to enhance the photo experience and not video.
2020-12-5
Use props
FB: GeoDrone4K
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

Subscribed !
2021-2-5
Use props
aykutaltindag
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27687 ft
Turkey

I absolutely agree with you.
2021-2-5
Use props
TeeBee
lvl.2
United Kingdom

+1 here for a D-Cinelike video profile so we can have more options to grade video ourselves
2021-2-6
Use props
djiuser_LSA2v8XVnCFw
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3600774 ft
United States

Absolutely would be awesome if added
2021-2-12
Use props
JerryLaurence
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21988 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Also a higher bitrate, please, for 2.7K 25fps or 30fps. This would make grading more possible...
2021-2-15
Use props
AlexanderK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2023829 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Only add log in combination with higher bitrates and/or bitdepth. I do feel not adding log is smart for this drone.... it's the entry level drone. The picture coming from it is pretty impressive and I'm sure with log I can improve the output. But focussing on the ease of use and getting straight out of cam a more than decent clip is what the majority of buyers need I guess with this device. Besides that I'm also for the old panasonic system: small payed upgade to get log (in the consumer/prosumer range). That way it gets in the hands of people that know or want to learn how to work with it and keeps it far away of users that can only harm their experience and protects the 'output' of the device for DJI (noobs can put out a lot of bad video that can hurt the general publics image of a product).
2021-2-15
Use props
Luca Rubino
Second Officer
Flight distance : 711512 ft
  • >>>
Italy

fans427539f9 Posted at 2020-11-10 22:02
Honestly I am not sure if it needs any onboard processing capabilities higher than applying color correction to currently captured video (and I can ensure you that video which is recorded now on Mini 2 is after very heavy color correction).

I don't think. Mini deliveries a liner curve. Easy to calcolate. D-Cine needs a logarithmic curve to elaborate colors and luma before save footages. D-cine or D-log aren't raw data. they must be elaborate, like linear curve, but with a different approach
2021-2-15
Use props
Linsenfest
lvl.3
Flight distance : 199475 ft
Germany

Yes DJI PLEASE ADD D-CINELIKE!
And we also ned the livestream function back :-/
Maybe also for Instagram Live?
2021-3-2
Use props
ABeardedItalian
Second Officer
United States

Well it's been nearly 5 months to date since making this thread, If I've learned anything from the mavic mini is that this feature request is dead. It's not coming to the mini 2 but DJI for sure added it to the mini 3's list of new features. Be ready to pick up your portable cinema starter drone for only 599 with features like D-log, Raw video, 4k60, 2.7k 120, 1080p240fps slowmow and now O/A but still only Virtual Stick Waypoints.

If DJI's smart the new motion controller will work with the mini 3, super compact/portable "Real Flight" like flying experience.

Can't wait for Oct's Mini 3 announcement.
2021-3-3
Use props
MDJ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 85646 ft
United Kingdom

ABeardedItalian Posted at 3-3 01:26
Well it's been nearly 5 months to date since making this thread, If I've learned anything from the mavic mini is that this feature request is dead. It's not coming to the mini 2 but DJI for sure added it to the mini 3's list of new features. Be ready to pick up your portable cinema starter drone for only 599 with features like D-log, Raw video, 4k60, 2.7k 120, 1080p240fps slowmow and now O/A but still only Virtual Stick Waypoints.

If DJI's smart the new motion controller will work with the mini 3, super compact/portable "Real Flight" like flying experience.

It's a shame as at least one profile (D-cinelike?) would make colour grading across footage shot with more than one drone much easier.
2021-3-4
Use props
ABeardedItalian
Second Officer
United States

MDJ Posted at 3-4 02:21
It's a shame as at least one profile (D-cinelike?) would make colour grading across footage shot with more than one drone much easier.

It really is, I made this request AT LAUNCH hoping it would be one of the first / top of the list items but as I've learned, DJI doesn't add things like this past launch. What the drone releases with is what they only plan to support, Any features like D-cinelike, Raw, more quick shots etc are all ignored because none of those features were designed to ship with the drone so they won't be added after the fact.

Quick shot example: (drone comes with 5 default, you ask for X quickshot to be added, you'll get ignored because the drone was only designed to have 5. If they designed the drone to have 6 and only shipped with 5 then in a later fw update you would see the 6th added because support was always planned.) Another example:  (Manual camera controls on the mini 1, it was designed to have this but didn't have support at launch (Wasn't ready yet) and when it was they released it, but it wasn't a "new feature" it was something they had already planned on shipping with it.) This is why we haven't seen a single quickshot, camera feature be added after the fact as they weren't planned to be supported from the start.

DJI refuses to listen to it's customers when we find actual Drone damaging issues, our requests for simple features to prevent drone loss are ignored, so I don't count on DJI actually doing anything for its customers that it didn't plan to provide prior.
2021-3-4
Use props
ABeardedItalian
Second Officer
United States

ABeardedItalian Posted at 3-4 04:28
It really is, I made this request AT LAUNCH hoping it would be one of the first / top of the list items but as I've learned, DJI doesn't add things like this past launch. What the drone releases with is what they only plan to support, Any features like D-cinelike, Raw, more quick shots etc are all ignored because none of those features were designed to ship with the drone so they won't be added after the fact.

DJI refuses to listen to it's customers when we find actual Drone damaging issues, our requests for simple features to prevent drone loss are ignored, so I don't count on DJI actually doing anything for its customers that it didn't plan to provide prior.

"We find actual Drone damaging issues, our requests for simple features to prevent drone loss are ignored"

Popular forum member JJB* found with the mini 1 and 2 that if flying at a low height while travailing down an incline the drone will begin to auto land despite still being instructed to  be moving. Countless forum members have lost there drone due to this "feature", pilots unaware that the drone behaves on it's own like this when flying close to the ground.

JJB asked for this to be fixed somehow, I posted in the tread asking for a simple switch to disable landing protection, IGNORED!!

Popular 3rd party Warranty Voiding app Litchi has this feature and once toggled, you can switch back to the DJI FLY app and Landing Protection will still be DISABLED on the drone meaning you can fly as low as you like without worry the drone will try to land itself. DJI could very well add this feature to it's FLY APP but do they honestly care? ...
2021-3-4
Use props
LeChuck71
lvl.4
Flight distance : 68786 ft
Germany

I also voted for the color profile, but DJI will never add it to the Mini 2 because it gets too close to the Air 2 from a marketing perspective.
Remeber DJI is quite a big company, adding features just because a couple (75) users want it is not how the firmware development works. And hey we allready got 2.7k@60 so they are doing something ;)
2021-3-8
Use props
GregT.
lvl.3
Flight distance : 445971 ft
Netherlands

JohnLietzke Posted at 2020-11-6 15:32
The Mini 2 may not have the onboard processing capabilities to support these Video types.  Hopefully the Mini 2 was engineered to have these features added.

This is so funny - The video you get is already processed by a LUT set by DJI.
The only thing that DJI needs to do is add a LUT with a flatter picture profile (less contrast and  less saturation) to the recording.

Yes it is really that simple and would basically only require 5 minutes of work to have it implemented.
2021-3-10
Use props
AlexanderK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2023829 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

GregT. Posted at 3-10 08:22
This is so funny - The video you get is already processed by a LUT set by DJI.
The only thing that DJI needs to do is add a LUT with a flatter picture profile (less contrast and  less saturation) to the recording.

It's a bit more complicated but getting a log image from this tiny sensor would make no sense in 8 bit. Only add it if you can do it in 10bit. And that is not what this drone is capable of I'm afraid. Also this is the most basic of drones to startout with... choosing to not add more settings and focus on an image that look 'good' right away is a smart choice.
2021-3-11
Use props
Tuxtard
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9975610 ft
Serbia

Would be a great addition
2021-3-22
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

ABeardedItalian Posted at 3-3 01:26
Well it's been nearly 5 months to date since making this thread, If I've learned anything from the mavic mini is that this feature request is dead. It's not coming to the mini 2 but DJI for sure added it to the mini 3's list of new features. Be ready to pick up your portable cinema starter drone for only 599 with features like D-log, Raw video, 4k60, 2.7k 120, 1080p240fps slowmow and now O/A but still only Virtual Stick Waypoints.

"Be ready to pick up your portable cinema starter drone for only 599 with features like D-log, Raw video, 4k60, 2.7k 120, 1080p240fps slowmow and now O/A but still only Virtual Stick Waypoints."

RAW Video is not coming to any of these DJI consumer drones. The speed performance required far exceeds the capability of any normal SD card. It would require a pro level SD card where the cost of the card would be over 100 dollars per card.
2021-4-28
Use props
wateroftyne
lvl.4
Flight distance : 764797 ft
United Kingdom

Geebax Posted at 4-28 23:27
"Be ready to pick up your portable cinema starter drone for only 599 with features like D-log, Raw video, 4k60, 2.7k 120, 1080p240fps slowmow and now O/A but still only Virtual Stick Waypoints."

RAW Video is not coming to any of these DJI consumer drones. The speed performance required far exceeds the capability of any normal SD card. It would require a pro level SD card where the cost of the card would be over 100 dollars per card.

That's hardly prohibitive.
2021-5-31
Use props
djiuser_rH3ZPAMJE4A9
lvl.4
Flight distance : 77398 ft
Spain

Geebax Posted at 4-28 23:27
"Be ready to pick up your portable cinema starter drone for only 599 with features like D-log, Raw video, 4k60, 2.7k 120, 1080p240fps slowmow and now O/A but still only Virtual Stick Waypoints."

I can record raw video on a cheap rebel t5 with magic lantern at 12 bits... Of course only at 1080 but quality is more nice than DJI mini 2 at 8bits 4k.
With the same sd ... And yes, only record 3 minutes, but 3 high quality minutes very easy for color grading...
2021-5-31
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

djiuser_rH3ZPAMJE4A9 Posted at 5-31 11:11
I can record raw video on a cheap rebel t5 with magic lantern at 12 bits... Of course only at 1080 but quality is more nice than DJI mini 2 at 8bits 4k.
With the same sd ... And yes, only record 3 minutes, but 3 high quality minutes very easy for color grading...

Maybe, but that has nothing to do with DJI, off topic.
2021-5-31
Use props
Spazoo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3148419 ft
  • >>>
United States

Does Mini 2 have the automatic pano modes?
2021-5-31
Use props
TeaJayPhotography
Second Officer
Germany

Also let us have some control over Noise Reduction & Sharpening. It's way overdone in the video files!
2021-6-5
Use props
FriedChicken_II
lvl.4
Flight distance : 721555 ft

Hong Kong

I agree on the D-Cinelike thing since it doesn't require much more of processing power. 4K 100Mbps + D-Cinelike 8bit can be really a huge plus.
2021-8-4
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ABeardedItalian Posted at 3-4 04:28
It really is, I made this request AT LAUNCH hoping it would be one of the first / top of the list items but as I've learned, DJI doesn't add things like this past launch. What the drone releases with is what they only plan to support, Any features like D-cinelike, Raw, more quick shots etc are all ignored because none of those features were designed to ship with the drone so they won't be added after the fact.

Not quite true, If i remember correctly, the P4P v2 came out with some new shots and V1 users requested these and they were added to V1 users too
2021-8-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules