Naza-M V2 - Connecting to Windows 10 - Driver Issues
625 0 2020-11-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
-M8-
lvl.1

United States

Hello all,

I have my hands on a complete and what I believe to be a working Naza-M V2 DJI kit. It was stripped off of a drone found at the dump along with a bunch of other various drone parts, and I would really like to get a custom drone up and running if I can. I've done some research and it appears the support is a little outdated for these things, but it still looks like people are running these systems so I would really like to see if I can get this system up and flying.

What I have been able to do so far is get the Naza-M assistant downloaded and running, as well as the accompanying drivers for it installed onto the computer and in the DJI folder. This alone was a headache and an immense amount of progress due to the various Windows 10 features that exist to make your life misserable for even thinking about installing legacy software. That being said, I of course am hindered at the very last step, which is actually updating the Maza device drivers through the device manager settings. The first tell tale sign that doesn't look right is that the maza device won't show up in my com ports section, but it does pop up when plugged in under a universal serial bus controllers section, and labelled as "Unkown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)". Okay no biggie, should be fixed after updating the drivers? Wrong . I am following the directions in this video (https://youtu.be/YxE6fEBaCaY), to what I believe is exactly how he is stating to do so. The issue I am getting however is that when I go into the DJI folder under program files, and select the 64 bit driver file as the file to update my driver, the second I hit okay I receive an error stating, "The folder you specified doesn't contain a compatible software driver for your device. If the folder contains a driver, make sure it is designed to work with Windows for x64-based systems.". I believe the error lies in the fact the my computer is not initially recognizing the device and setting up a com port for it, but when I look this issue up, everyone is saying it goes away when "drivers are updated". My issue is I just can't update them until I fix the first problem stated. The other possible issue may be the problem with dji not having their drivers signed by windows, but I am doing everything as shown in the video to disable windows from needing the drivers to be signed to install them onto the device. I have spent well over 5 hours on this between research and uninstalling/installing multiple times that I feel like I've hit a dead end as far as to what I can find online for help at the moment.

Does anyone know whats going on or have experienced/fixed this issue themselves? I realize this is an extremely old system but there still has to be a good number of people using them as it seems like when they did work, they worked great

2020-11-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules