Anybody else seeing video lag with their new Mini 2?
10200 17 2020-11-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TDZHDTV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2068550 ft
United Kingdom

Hi all, first time I've owned a Ocusync drone, however I'm seeing some lag when the Mini 2 is no more than 50m away, it only happens occasionally but I wasn't expecting to see any issues.
2020-11-6
Use props
ZeuS-FL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5782297 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes. Most to be a bug. I report this already in my review and DJI.
2020-11-6
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

All consumer drones use MPEG streaming to send the FPV signasl, and a standard feature of MPEG is transmission delays. Nothing you can do to fix it either.
2020-11-6
Use props
lvl.3
Flight distance : 587736 ft
Poland

Yes, my video transmission stutters when I'm flying nearby.
2020-11-7
Use props
TDZHDTV
Second Officer
United Kingdom

1080 Posted at 11-7 06:15
Yes, my video transmission stutters when I'm flying nearby.

Yes, this is also reported on Mavic Pilots forum, there is something amiss that needs fixing
2020-11-7
Use props
djiuser_PkniM07oVTTp
lvl.1
Flight distance : 266050 ft
Italy

I had fewer problems with the mini 1. The mini 2 lags me a lot, I can't believe it, with ocusync it should have been better but it seems worse to me.  Mah
2020-11-7
Use props
JohnLietzke
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3125968 ft
United States

I had a problem similar, with an extreme lag on the Mavic Air 2.  

It was resolved by uninstalling and reinstalling the DJI Fly app.  Also, make sure you update the Controller.  Apparently a new update for the Mini 2 and Mavic Air 2 controller were rolled out this morning.
2020-11-7
Use props
TDZHDTV
Second Officer
United Kingdom

JohnLietzke Posted at 11-7 10:34
I had a problem similar, with an extreme lag on the Mavic Air 2.  

It was resolved by uninstalling and reinstalling the DJI Fly app.  Also, make sure you update the Controller.  Apparently a new update for the Mini 2 and Mavic Air 2 controller were rolled out this morning.

Thanks for tip, will try
2020-11-7
Use props
JohnLietzke
Second Officer
United States

The firmware update from this morning for the Controller has fixed the stutter issues and weird flight telemetry.
2020-11-7
Use props
videoeditman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

The recording will not stutter, it is the bandwidth of the streaming. It is difficult to stream 1080 P over any distance wirelessly. Also you are sending commands to the aircraft simultaneously.
2020-11-7
Use props
JohnLietzke
Second Officer
United States

videoeditman Posted at 11-7 18:04
The recording will not stutter, it is the bandwidth of the streaming. It is difficult to stream 1080 P over any distance wirelessly. Also you are sending commands to the aircraft simultaneously.

Yes, I experienced problems which I associated with connectivity but it may have been firmware bugs prior to updating the the controller this afternoon.  After installing the update it resolved this problem.  

The issues started when I updated the controller on the morning the Mini 2 was released.  And the Controller update today resolved the problems.

I have never experienced difficulty streaming video while controlling the aircraft with Occusync 2.0 from the aircraft to my phone without there being an underlying factor like extremely dense WiFi or very long distances.
2020-11-7
Use props
TDZHDTV
Second Officer
United Kingdom

videoeditman Posted at 11-7 18:04

Yes I’m aware the recording will not be compromised, however when the drone is 5pm away and in direct line of sight this should not happen.  It seems there is already a patch to fix this issue
2020-11-8
Use props
fans0a35a463
lvl.3
  • >>>
Canada

JohnLietzke Posted at 11-7 16:55
The firmware update from this morning for the Controller has fixed the stutter issues and weird flight telemetry.

I have updated the firmware however I can still can see ripples across the video especially during a YAW.  I also reinstalled the app and the drone has the latest firmware.  I sure hope DJI is listening.
2020-11-8
Use props
JohnLietzke
Second Officer
United States

fans0a35a463 Posted at 11-8 11:13
I have updated the firmware however I can still can see ripples across the video especially during a YAW.  I also reinstalled the app and the drone has the latest firmware.  I sure hope DJI is listening.

Are you in the UK?  I am curious if it is an FCC or CE issue.  
2020-11-8
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there TDZHDTV. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching our. Can you please fly your DJI Mini 2 to a different location with less interference to see if the issue will still persist? In addition, I will post a diagram from the DJI Mini 2 user manual on how to optimize the transmission zone from the remote controller to the said DJI drone. Thank you.

2020-11-8
Use props
TDZHDTV
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-8 20:05
Hello there TDZHDTV. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching our. Can you please fly your DJI Mini 2 to a different location with less interference to see if the issue will still persist? In addition, I will post a diagram from the DJI Mini 2 user manual on how to optimize the transmission zone from the remote controller to the said DJI drone. Thank you.

[view_image]

Hello Stephen, have tried differ locations with correctly oriented control, still seeing the issue intermittently (normal when the drone is no more that 50m away.  All firmware, app and operating system is up to date.  Thank you
2020-11-9
Use props
SublimeQuad
lvl.3
Flight distance : 30348 ft
United States

I have about 100 minutes of flying near and farish around wooden structures (a covered bridge) and I have not experienced any video issues. The video is so much higher res than the Mini is too.
2020-11-9
Use props
Cap0ne
lvl.3
Flight distance : 217077 ft
Romania

Depleted 3 batteries till now with my M2. Zero transmission issues, working great.
2020-11-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules