Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Air 2 Broken from latest update!
8380 36 2020-11-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_3uVVENncfHNm
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1248406 ft
United States

My MA2 video feed to my phone does not work after updating to the latest firmware.
App, RC, and Drone have all been updated and the video feed is only black screen.

This seems to be happening to numerous people. Will this be addressed from anyone from DJI?
I've been told to send my drone in for service. It's a month old and never crashed or bumped.
It was simply updated and bricked. I'd like to know if this will be fixed in the software or if the update has somehow broken hardware that needs to be fixed on my drone.

Thank you in advance.
I'd also urge anyone else with a similair issue to comment below

Edit. I may have found some of the issue. Perhaps some other people with the problem an try this to see if it fixes the video transmission issue for them.
1.Make sure you are in Camera mode and swith the format from 4:3 to 16:9.
There may be an issue with 4:3 video transmission. 16:9 gives a non laggy and visible video feed. Where as 4:3 is either black or very very laggy.

I would like to maybe have others who normally shoot in 16:9 try the 4:3 format to see if it causes the issue to arise with them.
Edit 2. I may have narrowed the issue down further to being an app issue and not a firmware problem.
Using the current firmware versions of both the RC and the Drone allow for 4:3 format to work
2020-11-6
Use props
Dirtfishingman
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1235397 ft

United States

Did u try to connect via pc and roll back firmware?
2020-11-6
Use props
fansb238d7de
lvl.1
United States

yep I got the same problem and not real happy about!
2020-11-6
Use props
Pappy3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2820469 ft
United States

There's a second update being rolled out that apparently will fix this. From the Firmware What's New - "Improved the aircraft's anti-interference ability in challenging environments.".| The app build # is "889", still version 1.2.0. SWFW1-2-01.png SWFW1-2-02.png SWFW1-2-03.png
2020-11-6
Use props
wildlifemoments
lvl.2
Flight distance : 927277 ft
United States

Pappy3 Posted at 11-6 20:08
There's a second update being rolled out that apparently will fix this. From the Firmware What's New - "Improved the aircraft's anti-interference ability in challenging environments.".| The app build # is "889", still version 1.2.0.[view_image][view_image][view_image]

Yesterday i updated the firmware of the RC, mavic Air 2. Then I went to fly and the first flight with the first battery all ok, I changed the battery, it started ok, I sended it forward 30m and I make it go up I think about 40m then at a certain point it goes down alone at maximum speed, and the message on display was: "drone disconnected from the rc", for which the commands did not respond, he landed suddenly without braking close to the ground, luckily on the edge of a road with the grass, so much so that the engines did not stop and I had to turn them off, did not do the RTH. I recalibrated everything to see if everything worked and I flew a little but I don't know if everything is really ok now but the auxiliary light now does not work anymore.
2020-11-7
Use props
Cainn
lvl.1
United States

Pappy3 Posted at 11-6 20:08
There's a second update being rolled out that apparently will fix this. From the Firmware What's New - "Improved the aircraft's anti-interference ability in challenging environments.".| The app build # is "889", still version 1.2.0.[view_image][view_image][view_image]

Thanks for the heads up. I updated as soon as i saw your post.
This DID NOT fix the issue.
2020-11-7
Use props
Cainn
lvl.1
United States

Dirtfishingman Posted at 11-6 19:23
Did u try to connect via pc and roll back firmware?

I did.
Rolled back the firmware on both the RC and the Drone.
I've also reinstalled the app.
2020-11-7
Use props
fansb238d7de
lvl.1
United States

the new update did not fix mine either. Like I stated in another post I did the controller update (on 11/04) I flew the drone it was fine then after the flight the DJI phone app updated. After that it was broke so I think the problem is with the phone update
2020-11-7
Use props
Cainn
lvl.1
United States

fansb238d7de Posted at 11-7 06:14
the new update did not fix mine either. Like I stated in another post I did the controller update (on 11/04) I flew the drone it was fine then after the flight the DJI phone app updated. After that it was broke so I think the problem is with the phone update

Do you mind trying the steps I updated in my original post?
It may help narrow down the problem.
2020-11-7
Use props
fansb238d7de
lvl.1
United States

Cainn Posted at 11-7 06:25
Do you mind trying the steps I updated in my original post?
It may help narrow down the problem.

Good job finding that!!! It did fix the video on my screen thank you for sharing. I haven't done a full test flight do to it  still being dark out  but when it's light enough I'll give it the full test  thanks again
2020-11-7
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Seems another RC FW is pending on the MA2 - May be it’s a fix to yesterday’s
2020-11-7
Use props
Cainn
lvl.1
United States

fansb238d7de Posted at 11-7 06:41
Good job finding that!!! It did fix the video on my screen thank you for sharing. I haven't done a full test flight do to it  still being dark out  but when it's light enough I'll give it the full test  thanks again

So it partly  solved the video issue for you also?
I've been doing some more troubleshooting and have narrowed it down further to it being a 4:3 issue that is caused by the updated app.

Downloading and installing an older apk 1.1.10 allows for 4:3 video.
Hopefully this will be brought to someone's attention soon who can fix the problem.
2020-11-7
Use props
virtual
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

A J Posted at 11-7 06:43
Seems another RC FW is pending on the MA2 - May be it’s a fix to yesterday’s

I skipped RC update (the first one) today on field, all was working well AFAIK (not downloaded video files), 1.2 Android app 889 build, MA2...
2020-11-7
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

virtual Posted at 11-7 07:56
I skipped RC update (the first one) today on field, all was working well AFAIK (not downloaded video files), 1.2 Android app 889 build, MA2...

The updates have gone through perfectly for me on iOS but yet to fly to properly test it - I'm updating the RC again now in the hope I don't lose signal at 50m like many are saying. We'll see as too late to fly now anyway.
2020-11-7
Use props
djiuser_ttsV3Su0Yf8q
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1371880 ft
United States

I can confirm that for me (Mavic Air 2)...
  • This problem started yesterday, November 6
  • The problem became apparent with an update of my Android Go Fly app. I noticed the app had changed before I flew.
  • I had a pending firmware update (probably the August one). To troubleshoot, I upgraded the firmware and to the latest and the problem was still apparent.
  • This may or may not be a problem with the device/controller firmware. Just because the Go Fly app update made the problem apparent, they'll have to figure out if the problem is the app or the controller firmware or the drone firmware.
  • Quick Fix: Change your still camera settings to 16:9 (instead of 4:3). I can confirm that the drone operates normally with 16:9 and the freeze/black screen happens when the still camera is set to 4:3.
2020-11-7
Use props
POL AIR 2
New

Poland

I have the same problem after update to 1.2.0 .... my mavic air 2 can't fly... I  have terrible lags in the image preview. I did the RC downgrade, but after the downgrade it won't connect to the drone (with version 1.2.0 installed on android). I can't find how to downgrade the dji fly app. There is only an iOS software downgrade on the dji website.
But interestingly, I connected an iphone, installed 1.2.0 and I have no lag in the image. But there is another problem.
I flew the same route from my house towards the mountains ... and I always flew 1.5 km without any problems, then the first drops in the n range appeared (orange lines) and now after the update it is barely 500m and already breaks the connection with the information that there is no connection between drone and RC and then RTH starts. of course, in 3 seconds the signal returns to full power. and so it stops all the time or is full range ....
What a crap ...
Quick FIX 16:9 on my drone not work , i have 16:9 and i have lags ... is not good
EDIT:
I install this version 1.1.9 for android and everything fine. No lags on preview . Tomorrow i wll try fly.
DJI Fly 1.1.9 (2045258) APK Download by DJI TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD - APKMirror
https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/dji-technology-co-ltd/dji-fly/dji-fly-1-1-9-release/dji-fly-1-1-9-android-apk-download/
BR
2020-11-7
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Cainn Posted at 11-7 06:58
So it partly  solved the video issue for you also?
I've been doing some more troubleshooting and have narrowed it down further to it being a 4:3 issue that is caused by the updated app.

Hello there, thank you for your feedback on the DJI FLY app issue. We will forward this to our app development team for reference. If you have any screen recording that could share with us, it will be helpful.

Thanks again and we will be in touch.
2020-11-8
Use props
FoEs
lvl.2
Flight distance : 446063 ft
Germany

I also just updtaed.... wanted to go out and fly... but i get a black screen... CONTROLLER IS NOT CONNECTED.... that's very horrible.
It worked all fine before. Now I can't use it as I just wanted to and it's very depressing to mess up a running system with an Update.
2020-11-8
Use props
Cainn
lvl.1
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 11-8 00:49
Hello there, thank you for your feedback on the DJI FLY app issue. We will forward this to our app development team for reference. If you have any screen recording that could share with us, it will be helpful.

Thanks again and we will be in touch.

After a bit more testing the 1.1.10 version of the app is working fine in both 4:3 and 16:9 format with the camera.  (fully updated firmware)

4:3 will almost always produce those results in the image using the latest Android app version that was released a few days ago16:9 on the newest update will produce the black screen randomly or freeze the video.

Thanks for forwarding the information. I hope to hear something soon

S7 Edge on android 8.0

2020-11-8
Use props
Miltos_4
New

Greece

Hello same problem here...with the .1100 version the transimission lag was huge, with the .1101 the situation was better but not more than 30% better. With the 4:3 to 16:9 trick the problem wasn't fixed, or it was fixed less than 10% and its not so obvious.

A start recording a video of 24 sec and created a 3 sec video with a huge lag delay. If a DJI support team member wants to send it please tell me your email and I will forward it. To add more  a sphere can't be created. The drone starts and finish the process but the image file is not accessbile. It says Error Loading file, or Error media file.

Lets hope it will be fixed due to the fact that now during lockdown the best images are being produced!
2020-11-8
Use props
MickeKling
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3144075 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

I have also experienced unexpected disconnections between my Mavic Air 2 and the controller. After restarting the controller, while the MA2 is still in the air, it reconnects and works fine for the rest of the flight.

This has happened to me both before and after the RC-update.
2020-11-8
Use props
FoEs
lvl.2
Flight distance : 446063 ft
Germany

I was using a phone (Xperia Z5 compact) which is not on the compatible List.. but it worked all fine... i flew more than 17 hours without any Connection issues btw Phone and Drone.
I don't know which update it was, but the one i've let run through today crashed it to the fullest. I've tried to downgrade the RC Update but still there is no Connection btw my Drone and the Phone. The Drone itself and the FLY App Update is far back so the RC Update was the only one, which could have caused the Problem.

Tried my Girls Phone, an Xperia XA1 worked fine... took a flight today and back home i was trying to fix it with my phone (Z5compact)... Downgraded my RC once more and there is still no Connection btw my Z5 and the Drone anymore.

Now I put back the XA1 this time it don't work too. It connects to the RC but won't connect to the Drone. Updated the RC again and still not working with both Smartphones...
I'm absolutely not able to get the Camerview transfered to my Phonescreen... how could this happen... worest part is that it all worked fine before...
2020-11-8
Use props
JohnLietzke
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3125968 ft
United States

Try deleting the DJI Fly app and reinstalling it.  When I contacted DJI this was their recommendation.  A few people have commented that this is DJI's standard answer but I also had video issues with the MA2 and this resolved the problem.  The problems began after updating to 1.2.0.

Also, there have been two controller updates released this week.  The first on 11/5 was buggy and I kept experiencing weird flight telemetry and altitude issues.  The second controller update 11/7 fixed this issue.

On another forum there have a significant number of post about mismatched DJI Fly app versions and Controller firmware versions.  And updating the DJI Fly app to version 1.2.0 causing issues on both the Mavic Air 2 and Mavic Mini.  
2020-11-8
Use props
pagi_pl
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1188533 ft
Poland

JohnLietzke Posted at 11-8 12:26
Try deleting the DJI Fly app and reinstalling it.  When I contacted DJI this was their recommendation.  A few people have commented that this is DJI's standard answer but I also had video issues with the MA2 and this resolved the problem.  The problems began after updating to 1.2.0.

Also, there have been two controller updates released this week.  The first on 11/5 was buggy and I kept experiencing weird flight telemetry and altitude issues.  The second controller update 11/7 fixed this issue.

Hi. Which ver of DJI Fly now You have ?
2020-11-8
Use props
JohnLietzke
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3125968 ft
United States

pagi_pl Posted at 11-8 13:07
Hi. Which ver of DJI Fly now You have ?

1.2.0 for IOS.
2020-11-8
Use props
pagi_pl
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1188533 ft
Poland

Thanks
Someone with Android after 07/11 update of DJI Fly and RC to 1101 ?
Its safe to fly ? - I have UAVO licence and dont want to kill someone...because soft problem
DJI resolve problem ?
2020-11-8
Use props
djiuser_ttsV3Su0Yf8q
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1371880 ft
United States

djiuser_ttsV3Su0Yf8q Posted at 11-7 09:39
I can confirm that for me (Mavic Air 2)...
  • This problem started yesterday, November 6

• Yesterday I said that changing the camera from 4:3 to 16:9 temporarily fixed the problem. That no longer seems to be the case for me. I get a good connection maybe 25% of the time, so I think I was just lucky.

For me, this problem started with the DJI Fly app update to v1.2.0(889-googleplay) for Android. Google Play shows this version released on 5-Nov-20.
    2020-11-8
    Use props
    wildlifemoments
    lvl.2
    United States

pagi_pl Posted at 11-8 13:47
    Thanks
    Someone with Android after 07/11 update of DJI Fly and RC to 1101 ?
    Its safe to fly ? - I have UAVO licence and dont want to kill someone...because soft problem

With the new app 1.2.0 and the RC 1100 I had a crash... I have android  and now I have downgraded to the RC 0340, and the dji fly to the 1.1.10,  with them it has always flown well, I'm not trust of this new updates,  rc 1101 and the app 1.2
    2020-11-10
    Use props
    djiuser_Nk1boZjIceKo
    lvl.1
    Flight distance : 17267 ft
    United Kingdom

All new updates done and firmware with no black screen  showing, all done over wi fi.
    2020-11-11
    Use props
    bjr981s
    lvl.4
    Flight distance : 139698 ft
    • >>>
    Australia

New FW dropped 11/11 Maybe this is to fix your issue.
    2020-11-11
    Use props
    djiuser_Nk1boZjIceKo
    lvl.1
    Flight distance : 17267 ft
    United Kingdom

bjr981s Posted at 11-11 07:26
    New FW dropped 11/11 Maybe this is to fix your issue.

Maybe this was connecting while updating,   done mine around 12 noon today lets hope no more problems.
    2020-11-11
    Use props
    wildlifemoments
    lvl.2
    Italy

djiuser_Nk1boZjIceKo Posted at 11-11 06:48
    All new updates done and firmware with no black screen  showing, all done over wi fi.

good! But I don't know if trusting of the rc 1101 and the app 1.2.0 , I'll wait a bit
    2020-11-11
    Use props
    Terrisen
    New
    Flight distance : 389974 ft

United States

Well I'm having the same problem. I instead of going through all the stuff you are talking about trying to narrow it down. It's as simple as this...they screwed everything up with the update. God knows how long it will be before they fix it.
    2020-11-12
    Use props
    saborman
    lvl.1
    Flight distance : 834669 ft
    United States

I updated my Mavic Air 2 last night and had the same result....black screen.  I found that if I switch the video setting from 4K wide to 4K zoom that the video works. But in 4K wide no video and in HDR mode super grainy video.   

Here is the odd part....I did the upgrades from my original RC using an android phone because I had issues updating the software on my smart controller.  When I repaired with the smart controller, I had no issues with video regardless of the video setting. I tested all settings including camera settings of 4:3 to 16:9.   No glitches at all.   Have not tried flying it yet but I will do that tonight after work.

After seeing no glitches with the smart controller last night, I re-paired to the original RC and same issues. I would get a black video screen on several different settings on my phone.

Since getting the smart controller, I never use my RC and phone but sill want it to work obviously as a backup.   Hope there is a true fix to this soon.

And all this info is based on the 11-11-20 update (second update)  
    2020-11-13
    Use props
    _Crash.Davis_
    lvl.1
    Flight distance : 893586 ft
    United States

Seen another post recommending a camera and gimble reset to correct image and photo/video issues
    2020-11-13
    Use props
    saborman
    lvl.1
    Flight distance : 834669 ft
    United States

saborman Posted at 11-13 11:36
    I updated my Mavic Air 2 last night and had the same result....black screen.  I found that if I switch the video setting from 4K wide to 4K zoom that the video works. But in 4K wide no video and in HDR mode super grainy video.   

Here is the odd part....I did the upgrades from my original RC using an android phone because I had issues updating the software on my smart controller.  When I repaired with the smart controller, I had no issues with video regardless of the video setting. I tested all settings including camera settings of 4:3 to 16:9.   No glitches at all.   Have not tried flying it yet but I will do that tonight after work.

Update: tested it with the smart controller with the new update and all seems to work good.
    2020-11-15
    Use props
    djiuser_S9o8kysodPsq
    lvl.1

Philippines

_Crash.Davis_ Posted at 11-13 18:16
    Seen another post recommending a camera and gimble reset to correct image and photo/video issues

Maybe thats correct because i did not have a problem on video transmission since i updated my ma2 to the latest firmware..because i used to recalibrate everything (e.g; compass, IMU, gimbal, RC ) after the update has been completed..
    2020-11-27
    Use props
    djiuser_YW4Oo2LRHxiq
    lvl.1
    Flight distance : 2146857 ft
    Australia

Hi,
    The last time I flew my drone was on the 5.5.22
    Went to fly it the other day and we'll couldn't.  
    Was telling me controller wasn't connected (when it was) .
    Have read many of the problems people have gone through.
    Is there any solution to try, seems Dji doesn't  care??
    All updates have been done over phone ( Samsung A71) should I try over PC?
    Anything working?
    2022-6-1
    Use props
    Advanced
    You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules