Mini 2 Pano Shots
8228 7 2020-11-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djitigger
lvl.2
Flight distance : 161604 ft
United States

As relates to the new Mini 2. I LOVE the Pano shots. If you transfer the images to your phone, they come out as a sphere, a 180, and a wide angle .. but they are not stored this way on the memory card - which means the ONLY way to get this image (without manually building it) is through your connected device. The 'html' pages just give you a directory of the images taken during the 'pano' shots. Am I missing something?

2020-11-6
Use props
InsaneDiego
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1376841 ft
United States

I was going to ask the same basic question. I see on the phone I have a rendered 180 picture (I shot a 180), but that image is not on the SD Card. Only the files that made up the pano are on it. And yes, the HTML file seems useless on my Windows system as well.
2020-11-12
Use props
djitigger
lvl.2
Flight distance : 161604 ft
United States

As long as you download the images to your phone, you will have the group shot. You will not have it on the SD card .. my guess is its created on the app. You may not even need to download the images to your phone - I haven't tested this part yet.
2020-11-12
Use props
InsaneDiego
lvl.4
United States

djitigger Posted at 11-12 19:29
As long as you download the images to your phone, you will have the group shot. You will not have it on the SD card .. my guess is its created on the app. You may not even need to download the images to your phone - I haven't tested this part yet.

That is what I'm seeing. After my post, I went out and did more panos to see (confirm) the behavior. The pano is on the phone but not on the SD card. A bit odd since the Air 2 puts it on the card and obviously it (the craft/software) rendered it.
2020-11-13
Use props
Zoyx
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8622 ft
United States

Where is it stored on your phone? I can't find my pano. I just have the images on my SD card.
2020-11-13
Use props
InsaneDiego
lvl.4
United States

Zoyx Posted at 11-13 15:53
Where is it stored on your phone? I can't find my pano. I just have the images on my SD card.

The first place I'd look is in the Fly App > Album. You should 99% find it there. Depending on your settings, you may have to turn the Mini on. If you have the Camera (or Control?) setting enabled for Sync HD Photos, then you should find it on your phone using the built-in photo viewer, as opposed to Google Photos. Why? Because it's stored ON the phone, not the phone SD Card and it's not in the Camera folder but rather in the DJI Fly App folder. Your built-in Gallery should be able to see that. At least that's what my Samsung does when I open it.
2020-11-13
Use props
GoAround
lvl.2
Flight distance : 99649 ft
United Kingdom

Exactly as the poster above has said. I think it boils down to the fact the Mini2 needs to harness the power of your smartphone to stitch the panos together. To do this is, it first makes 2000x1500 JPEGs from whatever JPEG or DNG was originally shot, then stitches those.

Trouble is, these are low res so look fantastic on the phone but less so on a PC monitor.

For the best results, you need to take the panos in JPEG & RAW (check that toggle switch in settings after selecting pano mode as it doesn't carry over from single image mode). Now the PANORAMA folder on the card will fill with subfolders of high quality DNGs that you can stitch in post. Microsoft ICE will do this for free but other software is avialable. Unfortunately, there is some problem with the metadata in the DNGs taken this way and, at present, Lightroom & Photoshop can't properly read the file leading to a colour issue where only a quarter of the image is OK - see https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=228896&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D766%26typeid%3D766 and look at the sky on the first image.
2020-11-14
Use props
djiuser_u8cdXiLnNJvn
lvl.3
Flight distance : 191184 ft
Malaysia

GoAround Posted at 11-14 03:46
Exactly as the poster above has said. I think it boils down to the fact the Mini2 needs to harness the power of your smartphone to stitch the panos together. To do this is, it first makes 2000x1500 JPEGs from whatever JPEG or DNG was originally shot, then stitches those.

Trouble is, these are low res so look fantastic on the phone but less so on a PC monitor.

thanks it helps for a start
2020-12-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules