Mini 2 - 4K Hyperlapse - can't find it....
5806 32 2020-11-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ian in London
First Officer
Flight distance : 8330187 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The DJI Site's comparison page states 4K hyperlapse is on the Mini 2; can't seem to find it so far.....

Screen

Screen

https://store.dji.com/guides/dji-mini-2-mavic-mini-comparison/

2020-11-7
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

May be in a future FW update
2020-11-7
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI shouldn't advertise it unless it is available now.  Making it available in a future firmware upgrade would make their marketing a definite false advertisement.
2020-11-7
Use props
ABeardedItalian
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1063107 ft
United States

Interesting, here's hoping.
2020-11-7
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

That would be a killer feature indeed!
2020-11-7
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Give it about 3 updates later and it will be there
2020-11-7
Use props
TDZHDTV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2068550 ft
United Kingdom

Maybe we’ll see follow me in the next few updates (what ever that is), was reported on a German site
2020-11-7
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

What will the mini 3 have, sensors and all the flight mode an M2pro have? interesting.  Who would buy the expensive Phantoms, Mavics and Inspire if you get the same result with mini.
2020-11-7
Use props
fans427539f9
lvl.3
Flight distance : 148 ft
Australia

Lucas775 Posted at 11-7 21:12
What will the mini 3 have, sensors and all the flight mode an M2pro have? interesting.  Who would buy the expensive Phantoms, Mavics and Inspire if you get the same result with mini.

Mini is a toy with much worse quality of picture than from bigger drones. It doesn't have sensors, it behaves much worse than bigger brothers on bad weather conditions. Regardless all features which will be available on that or other drones - Mavic Mini/Mini 2 will be killer toy on drones market and definitely will be best selling drone on the market. I am not sure if DJI has to worry so much about that ;)
2020-11-8
Use props
Ian in London
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans427539f9 Posted at 11-8 23:14
Mini is a toy with much worse quality of picture than from bigger drones. It doesn't have sensors, it behaves much worse than bigger brothers on bad weather conditions. Regardless all features which will be available on that or other drones - Mavic Mini/Mini 2 will be killer toy on drones market and definitely will be best selling drone on the market. I am not sure if DJI has to worry so much about that ;)

That's a subjective view coming from, I'm guessing, someone who hasn't got one.  The 1/2 inch sensor is very similar / the same as original Air and Pro, and also the 1/2.3 sensor size of the Air 2.  It produces stunning video and pictures that I have directly compared with the 2 Pro.
The need for sensors is more a reflection of the pilot's skill and needs rather than the ability of the drone. Yes, the original Mini was poor in very strong wind; I'm waiting to test the Mini 2 in strong wind but it's clearly better than its predecessor.   
The Mini and the Mini 2 are both far beyond a toy, and also far beyond the Spark...
2020-11-9
Use props
ABeardedItalian
Second Officer
United States

It's real interesting given the fact that the mods have been active but no one has posted confirming/nor denying it's potential existence, makes me optimistic that it's actually going to come in a future FW update.
2020-11-9
Use props
Ian in London
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ABeardedItalian Posted at 11-9 05:43
It's real interesting given the fact that the mods have been active but no one has posted confirming/nor denying it's potential existence, makes me optimistic that it's actually going to come in a future FW update.

One of my subs messaged me a chat with a DJI rep who confirmed it was a typo.  Fairly major typo as it's pretty clearly specified, so yes, hopefully, it will arrive in a firmware update one day...
2020-11-9
Use props
ABeardedItalian
Second Officer
United States

Ian in London Posted at 11-9 09:00
One of my subs messaged me a chat with a DJI rep who confirmed it was a typo.  Fairly major typo as it's pretty clearly specified, so yes, hopefully, it will arrive in a firmware update one day...

Well I guess we know one of the mini 3's features

Maybe by march DJI will release an update to the SDK and well get the ability through litchi/other app's, and with Ocusync 2.0 this go around, way points should be a little more practical then it is now on wifi.
2020-11-9
Use props
fans427539f9
lvl.3
Australia

Ian in London Posted at 11-9 02:52
That's a subjective view coming from, I'm guessing, someone who hasn't got one.  The 1/2 inch sensor is very similar / the same as original Air and Pro, and also the 1/2.3 sensor size of the Air 2.  It produces stunning video and pictures that I have directly compared with the 2 Pro.
The need for sensors is more a reflection of the pilot's skill and needs rather than the ability of the drone. Yes, the original Mini was poor in very strong wind; I'm waiting to test the Mini 2 in strong wind but it's clearly better than its predecessor.   
The Mini and the Mini 2 are both far beyond a toy, and also far beyond the Spark...

It was very subjective opinion. I had Mavic Mini and now waiting for Mini 2. I know of what is capable that small sensor - and in many aspects it is much worse than sensors from bigger brothers (it is a fact and I am not sure why you are trying to argue with that).  In a good light condition you can record really decent videos but it is nowhere close to tonal range or resolution of Air 2 or Mavic Pro. Stability of flight of the bigger drones is also important - it allows to make more stable shots with longer exposure, more stable timelapses, better night shots. There is a lot of small factors which matters here and which makes Mini 2 much worse drone than Air 2 or Mavic Pro. But I am happy to welcome Mini 2 - I really like that small toy ;)
2020-11-10
Use props
Cap0ne
lvl.3
Flight distance : 217077 ft
Romania

fans427539f9 Posted at 11-8 23:14
Mini is a toy with much worse quality of picture than from bigger drones. It doesn't have sensors, it behaves much worse than bigger brothers on bad weather conditions. Regardless all features which will be available on that or other drones - Mavic Mini/Mini 2 will be killer toy on drones market and definitely will be best selling drone on the market. I am not sure if DJI has to worry so much about that ;)

"Mini is a toy with much worse quality of picture than from bigger drones. "

Mini 1 yes. Mini 2 not really. I was amazed by what it can do in terms of image quality ;)

2020-11-10
Use props
fans427539f9
lvl.3
Australia

Cap0ne Posted at 11-10 02:29
"Mini is a toy with much worse quality of picture than from bigger drones. "

Mini 1 yes. Mini 2 not really. I was amazed by what it can do in terms of image quality ;)

What exactly Mini 2 can do what is not possible for Mavic Mini ? Both has exactly the same 12MPx 1/2.3” CMOS sensor. Except RAW (and 4K in video) there is nothing more in Mini 2.
2020-11-11
Use props
Cap0ne
lvl.3
Flight distance : 217077 ft
Romania

Dunno what's inside in terms of hardware, but M2 image quality is way better than M1. I had M1 and, beside laggy connection, image quality is one of the reasons i did not keep it.
2020-11-11
Use props
fans427539f9
lvl.3
Australia

Cap0ne Posted at 11-11 01:36
Dunno what's inside in terms of hardware, but M2 image quality is way better than M1. I had M1 and, beside laggy connection, image quality is one of the reasons i did not keep it.

Interesting... I had MM one year, I made a lot of videos and pictures and in my opinion quality of picture is the same as on Mini 2 (considering of course automatic modes not RAW files nor combined pictures made with autobracketing function). Video can be a little better on M2 due to higher bitrate.
2020-11-13
Use props
darathe
New

Germany

Dunno what's inside in terms of hardware, but M2 image quality is way better than M1. I had M1 and, beside laggy connection, image quality is one of the reasons i did not keep it.

same hardware, same sensor.
only the software is different.

If you think MM1 image quality was bad, it was most probably your error and not the drones. MM2 quality is hardly any different.
2020-11-13
Use props
fans427539f9
lvl.3
Australia

I didn't receive DJI Fy update yet... but anyone who has new version 1.2.1 - can you confirm if 4K Hyperlapse was added with that update?
2020-11-13
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have both the Mini 1 and Mini 2 and the picture quality is excellent
2020-11-13
Use props
GoAround
lvl.2
Flight distance : 99649 ft
United Kingdom

I have a Mavic Pro and now a Mini 2 (for going more easily into a backpack). I find them pretty much identical in stills and video quality, which is what I expected. Video off the SD card is over sharp as there is no picture profile option to sort this but, once exported from Resolve, that sharpness is gone (without even trying to remove it!).

I know 12MP can often not be enough but that's what panos are for. Stitch together 9 DNG files and the resulting image will be approx 40MP, assuming massive overlaps.
2020-11-14
Use props
unpluggeduk
lvl.2

United Kingdom

The hardware as far as Cameras goes is identical.

Any difference in picture is down to the processing into JPG or MP4 (Video) done by the drone. People have already noticed there are differences in the way Shadows are processed between the two drones.

This however is purely down to the profile and logic made by the drone. The bonus with the Mini 2 is that you can opt for RAW format photos and make these decisions entirely yourself in post using software and make decisions based on personal preference where as with the Mini you are starting from a canvas that's largely been decided by you.

That's the only difference between the two and that's something that could be flipped on in the Mini with a Firmware Update (although nobody seems to be holding their breath) and it's unlikely DJI will change the profile as people will be used to it's results and nobody is complaining about the quality.
2020-11-15
Use props
nik317
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11261506 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

Some news about the hyperlapse?
Maybe as Christmas present???
2020-12-5
Use props
simonstoeckl
lvl.1

Germany

Will this ever be available?

So disappoiting. They even deleted the 4k hyperlapse information on the page.
2021-3-11
Use props
Turfolk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 248757 ft
Denmark

Well, it’s not an available function on the Mini 2 and according to European consumer law that is misleading marketing and you are free to return the drone. Or you could wait and see if the functionality will be added with a later firmware update together with active track, focus mode and other nice stuff that we are missing.
2021-3-12
Use props
Andy Uk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3985676 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans427539f9 Posted at 2020-11-8 23:14
Mini is a toy with much worse quality of picture than from bigger drones. It doesn't have sensors, it behaves much worse than bigger brothers on bad weather conditions. Regardless all features which will be available on that or other drones - Mavic Mini/Mini 2 will be killer toy on drones market and definitely will be best selling drone on the market. I am not sure if DJI has to worry so much about that ;)

On the sensor front 12mp 1/2.3 Sony.  Same as the MP MA MPP M2Z.  In terms of Image Processors, more modern that those listed.  Only the P4P M2P and MA2 have better sesnors.  
2021-3-12
Use props
Andy Uk
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Turfolk Posted at 3-12 00:47
Well, it’s not an available function on the Mini 2 and according to European consumer law that is misleading marketing and you are free to return the drone. Or you could wait and see if the functionality will be added with a later firmware update together with active track, focus mode and other nice stuff that we are missing.

Activetrack and POI won't come as DJI integrates these functions into the sensors readings.  The 3rd party attempts to add these modes using the SDK Litchi for example are not that great.
2021-3-12
Use props
Turfolk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 248757 ft
Denmark

Andy Uk Posted at 3-12 01:14
Activetrack and POI won't come as DJI integrates these functions into the sensors readings.  The 3rd party attempts to add these modes using the SDK Litchi for example are not that great.

Not sure what you mean by “integrates these functions into the sensors readings” as DJI utilize the app and capabilities of the device running the app for active tracking, etc. just like 3rd parties do. The object tracking is not something that happens onboard the drone.

Try to start a Quickshot on your Mini 2 and then close down the app in the middle of it.......what happens? Well it stops because the drone does not get any x,y,z input from the app on how to fly.
2021-3-12
Use props
Andy Uk
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Turfolk Posted at 3-12 01:27
Not sure what you mean by “integrates these functions into the sensors readings” as DJI utilize the app and capabilities of the device running the app for active tracking, etc. just like 3rd parties do. The object tracking is not something that happens onboard the drone.

Try to start a Quickshot on your Mini 2 and then close down the app in the middle of it.......what happens? Well it stops because the drone does not get any x,y,z input from the app on how to fly.

What I'm saying is that the Litchi implmentation of Activetrack on the Mini 1 compared to it's implementation on the Original MP is poor in comparison.  So either DJI's SDK is inferior on the Mini 1 or that SDK and the track feature is using data from other sensors on the drone as part of the process to carry out activetrack itself, for Litchi on the MP1.  

Regardless though - manufacturers don't include features in products beacsue they want to differentiate between their model ranges.  If you buy the Mini you don't get all the features of the M2P.  Camera manufacturers have been doing this for years.
2021-3-12
Use props
Noordung NSK
lvl.1

Croatia

fans427539f9 Posted at 2020-11-8 23:14

Actually, Mini 2 is not (just) a toy. Yes, its camera is not as good as Phantom's and Mavic's cameras, but with good post production (it has DNG recording for panorama and still photo) you can get even professional results.
Wind resistance is almost identical to Mavic pro, and has similar control range (8 km). It just need more workaround after recording video and shooting photos. Most tasks it can do just like Mavic and Phantom. Obstacle avoidance in most cases is not necessary.
For example, you can record 26 sphere photo DNG (RAW) images and stitch them in Hugin. You'll get 18000x9000 panoramas. 16000x8000 is optimal.
2021-4-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules