DJI Pocket 2 very soft focus issue (Found the Cause!)
13644 53 2020-11-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tide
Second Officer
South Korea

Gulfstream Posted at 12-31 03:18
I was wondering why we had not heard from you. Mine will be going back as well. The quality just doesn't match the OP, no HDR, and it seems that DJI is not really motivated to address the issues. It is very disheartening for sure.

I might purchase Pocket 2 again later when production is ironed out.
It's just... I had enough for now.
2020-12-31
Use props
Gulfstream
lvl.4
Flight distance : 98996 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tide Posted at 12-31 04:36
I might purchase Pocket 2 again later when production is ironed out.
It's just... I had enough for now.

Understand - I feel the same. When they finally get it right - I'll most likely get another one.
2020-12-31
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Heh, I was about to post "Tide, where are you??" - in these difficult times it's a bit worrying when someone disappears!  

Sorry you've had that bad experience.  For my purposes I remain delighted with my Pocket 2, I have to say.  No sign of dust that I can see, even with 2 pairs of glasses on.  I just love the sound so much that I'm prepared to be patient while waiting for the known issues to be fixed.

What is puzzling is that usually I would have expected DJI to have addressed some of those known issues by now.  My theory is that they don't want to release a firmware update that doesn't address tracking and HDR in particular, and perhaps the strange issues related to picture quality with battery saver on or off.  Perhaps on or more of those issues is proving difficult, or they want to test more extensively to ensure they get it right before release.  Or maybe it's the virus or the time or year.  But something is odd about the delay.
2020-12-31
Use props
Tide
Second Officer
South Korea

fansfe82067d Posted at 12-31 22:48
Heh, I was about to post "Tide, where are you??" - in these difficult times it's a bit worrying when someone disappears!  

Sorry you've had that bad experience.  For my purposes I remain delighted with my Pocket 2, I have to say.  No sign of dust that I can see, even with 2 pairs of glasses on.  I just love the sound so much that I'm prepared to be patient while waiting for the known issues to be fixed.
I was also delighted when had one with spotless lens.

While going through 7 of them, I found some difference between Oct production and Nov productions. Nov productions have slightly different plastic body molding quality and stuck with do it all handle. (Until the latch hole comes to loose later over the use) Oct productions doesn’t stock and come off smoothly with do it all handle.

Oct productions come with 1.0 firmware and Nov production come with1.01 firmware.
And etc...

Pocket1 had its second firmware on December and Pocket2 is running behind it. I guess working home affects DJI developers as well.  
2021-1-1
Use props
djiuser_b5REaTeNbl5A
New

Pakistan

I am also having the same issue and pic seems like extremely of poor quality.
Really I am just thinking I wasted my money
Video is good but pics are extremely soft and with low quality
2021-1-18
Use props
djiuser_b5REaTeNbl5A
New

Pakistan

Hello DJI I recently purchased DJI pocket 2. But I was very shocked to see the pictures quality of my pocket 2 it was like out of focus and color distortion.
I try to take pic in every mode like 16 MP 64 MP JPEG RAW Manual auto AFC AFS, tried every thing but the result was the same kindly help me out because it is unusable...
Waiting for your kind reply
2021-1-18
Use props
Howlsten
New

Finland

I also get photos out of focus with my pocket 2
2021-1-23
Use props
LastSamuraiEver
New

United States

I bought DJI Pocket 2 in late June 2021 and I have the same soft focus problem with photos. I tried all settings but its the same problem. Even my timelapses and motionlapses have soft focus issues. What is the fix for this?
The videos and hyperlapses dont have this problem. Any photo feature suffers from this problem.
2021-7-13
Use props
jimlock
lvl.1
United States

Greetings fellow shutterbugs. I hate to say this but I am also having exactly the same problem - soft focus at least on stills and possible on video too (I haven't checked that yet). I looked closely at the lens and there does not appear to be any dust dirt of fingerprints on it. A replacement is on it's way from amazon. I intend to take some still immediately after charging the replacement and see if it does the same thing.
2021-11-7
Use props
jimlock
lvl.1
United States

Gulfstream Posted at 2020-12-31 03:18
I was wondering why we had not heard from you. Mine will be going back as well. The quality just doesn't match the OP, no HDR, and it seems that DJI is not really motivated to address the issues. It is very disheartening for sure.

Mine's going back too. Very disappointed.
2021-11-7
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

I wish people would post their problem photos for others to see (inluding DJI people).
2021-11-7
Use props
Loreto
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5483068 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

My Pocket 2 is even worst than yours when shooting fotos, completely out of focus. It is a firmware problem.....when shooting video it is sharp
2022-9-18
Use props
Loreto
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5483068 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

My Pocket 2 is also taking blur pictures like yours, but I just use it for video (the same lenses) and it works fine, very sharp
2022-9-18
Use props
djiuser_vN0JDqXTvQUr
New

Australia

My pocket 2 is permanently out of focus

I have tried everything, it is horrible.
How can I fix this?
It is unusable.

2023-1-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules