DJI Please list bug fixes
1238 6 2015-6-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nic
lvl.2

Australia

Hi,

this is directed to DJI.  As a software engineer for over 20 years,  one thing I have learned is bug fixes should never be secret.   Users should be able to see what bug fixes have been done to effect any common,  base or feature set of the software.  This allows for better use,  and better feedback of the software.

Please list the bug fixes performed in this latest version.  I am on the firmware 1.19 and as its flying flawlessly now for months,  I will not update it unless forced or I know what you have done to the firmware.

Regards
NicW
2015-6-26
Use props
ScottyT
lvl.4

New Zealand

Totally agree. "Various bug fixes" - Hard to make an informed decision on whether to update when there is no information.

Bit of a joke and I can see why those having problems are exasperated.
2015-6-27
Use props
SULTAN This user has been deleted
Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-6-27
Use props
great.day
lvl.2

United States

ScottyT Posted at 2015-6-27 19:50
Totally agree. "Various bug fixes" - Hard to make an informed decision on whether to update when the ...

I don't think info will be forthcoming -

I posed the question to the moderator in another thread asking what the "various fixes" were and this is the response I received:

"You know we have competitors.  We will offer the 50,000' view most of the time.  The upgrade dealt mostly with the camera.  The other were minor adjustments.  Please stay tuned."

IMHO - The competitors must be loving this?
2015-6-27
Use props
nic
lvl.2

Australia

great.day Posted at 2015-6-27 22:12

I posed the question to the moderator in another thread a ...

I believe competitors are irrelevant,  any software engineer or company who believes they are immune to bugs are fooling themselves and fall into lowest quality software developers.  Those who are fully open to their software,  their improvement,  their faults,  their bugs,  their bad decisions,  their good decisions and those fully open to feedback from users, are the ones that succeed.   

Its okay to limit this to a specific audience if they feel the need,   but writing up changes as they have done so far is unacceptable in my opinion as a professional software engineer.

Nw
2015-6-27
Use props
ScottyT
lvl.4

New Zealand

Haha. That's a very odd response. The competitors would surely be more interested in the new features that are added. If they want to know what bugs the users are experiencing they only need check out the various forums.

The competitors will want to copy the features, not the bugs. Or is it a case of, "If we don't own up to the bugs, they don't exist and our image is better"?

Don't get it.
2015-6-27
Use props
Cessna172
lvl.4
United States

This may come back to bite DJI very hard down the road imo
2015-6-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules