1204 15 2020-11-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
G-ERAM
lvl.3
Flight distance : 111736 ft

United Kingdom

Fellow Fliers

After a few ''Training flights'' Here is my first attempt stringing some shots together from footage recorded today. Still getting the hang of controlling flight in more than one dimension as you will see. I wasn't in C-mode either which might have helped. Enjoy.

2020-11-7
Use props
Sean-newbie
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I liked the opening very much, but and being harsh, I think it would be improved by smoother flying.
With regards to the old? bridge, I think it might have been more dramatic if you had flown along the cliff? visible at 1:50 so that the bridge emerged in much the same way as the first two. Having it appear 'through' 'brush' lessened the impact for me.
Those are just my opinions and I am a numpty at composition.
One other thing that might work is a high shot looking along the suspension bridge but you'd need to be careful to not be over the road etc. I have seen a stunning shot of this nature of the Skye Bridge but that was a very well placed land based shot.
2020-11-7
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice shots!
You could make some more to get various views.
2020-11-7
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

PS, I subscribed to your channel via 2 channels .
Mine are http://www.youtube.com/c/tricksandtipsnl
http://www.youtube.com/c/PeterMontfrooij
2020-11-7
Use props
djiuser_jlXvtbqzCyHi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4725190 ft
Spain

Nice clip! Just keep practicing, like we all do, you will see every flight you get more comfortable and better shots!
I try before I take off to visual the shots I wanna do, to keep the video/ drone moves  steady and smooth.....(and of course it doesn't work always )
2020-11-7
Use props
Cients
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5537369 ft
Portugal

Great video!
2020-11-7
Use props
G-ERAM
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Thanks for all the comments and critique.  

@sean-newbie yes I see what you mean, in context tracking left from the rock face would be good. That area is part of the peripheral controlled zone for Edinburgh Airport so not keen to fly too high and not over the Bridges although it would be a great shot.

Took a brave pill just to fly out over the shoreline! Didn't wat to fly too far as I was using 5.8Ghz channel.

One observation on that point, I have a WiFi analyser app on phone that showed only two 2.4Gig channels detected and both low power <-85dB, yet RC said almost all channels were unstable with large red bars hence I moved to 5.8. Any idea what the RC is detecting?
2020-11-8
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi G-ERAM. Thank you for reaching out and sharing this interesting video you had filmed using your DJI Mavic mini. Thank you for the support and happy flying.
2020-11-8
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Excellent footage
2020-11-8
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice work.
2020-11-8
Use props
Sean-newbie
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Your caution is a GOOD THING do not lose it and always err in favour of it.

For what it is worth, that I can see you are outside the control zone  at the northern end of all the bridges and at the southern end of the two new bridges.
PLEASE someone correct me if I am wrong.
I think you flew at the northern end. Assuming I am correct flights to a height of 400ft & VLOS should be ok at the northern ends, I would not fly over the bridges or roads etc. themselves but I think off to the western side of the M90 should be ok.
Again if anyone thinks or knows that I am wrong PLEASE say so.  
2020-11-8
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice work.
2020-11-8
Use props
Cragdoo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 70089 ft
United Kingdom

nice, did wonder though about air restrictions for Edinburgh airport, but noticed you're on the Fife side of the Forth (I'm a Fifer myself, up in St Andrews). Quick check on the DJI app and it's a clear fly spot....nicely done
2020-11-8
Use props
G-ERAM
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Sean-newbie Posted at 11-8 05:44
Your caution is a GOOD THING do not lose it and always err in favour of it.

For what it is worth, that I can see you are outside the control zone  at the northern end of all the bridge and a the southern end of the two new bridges.

I was on the north (fife) side for all flights Sean
2020-11-8
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Very nice video
2020-11-8
Use props
DAFlys