Constant Reconnection Issues Mavic 2 Zoom
1352 5 2020-11-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
eagleseyeview
lvl.1
Flight distance : 649465 ft
United States

Since updating my firmware I have had several issues when out in the field doing shoots with my Mavic 2 Zoom and my Smart Controller reconnecting after changing batteries.  I will get the first flight in with a charged battery and then have to change batteries to continue the shoot, but when I do so, I fire-up the drone and it will not connect to the smart controller.  I will change the sequence of turning drone on first and then the smart controller or I will turn the smart controller on and then the drone, with no success.  I will pull the turned off battery out of the drone, wait a bit, put the battery in the drone and try the process over with no success!!!  This is very annoying and has lost me some very good photo opportunities, PLEASE HELP!!!
2020-11-7
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hello there eagleseyeview. Thank you for reaching us regarding the concern and I am sorry to read and to know that you are having trouble with your DJI Mavic 2 Zoom. Please be advised that if the Smart remote controller does not connect to the drone when we try to use a different battery, there might be inconsistent firmware, or the firmware of the battery is not been updated. For us to isolate and check, we can also try to relink the remote to the aircraft using the combination buttons (Press down the C1, C2, and Record button to enter the linking mode then press the Linking button on the drone and wait for the Mavic 2 to automatically link with the controller. Once it is connected, kindly launch the DJI Go 4 App to see if there's a prompt regarding the firmware update. Thank you.
2020-11-8
Use props
eagleseyeview
lvl.1
Flight distance : 649465 ft
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-8 00:52
Hello there eagleseyeview. Thank you for reaching us regarding the concern and I am sorry to read and to know that you are having trouble with your DJI Mavic 2 Zoom. Please be advised that if the Smart remote controller does not connect to the drone when we try to use a different battery, there might be inconsistent firmware, or the firmware of the battery is not been updated. For us to isolate and check, we can also try to relink the remote to the aircraft using the combination buttons (Press down the C1, C2, and Record button to enter the linking mode then press the Linking button on the drone and wait for the Mavic 2 to automatically link with the controller. Once it is connected, kindly launch the DJI Go 4 App to see if there's a prompt regarding the firmware update. Thank you.

The batteries I am using have been used several times with said drone with no issues.  When I turn the drone on it immediately acts like it’s connected to something, no yellow led flashing, even when the remote is off.
2020-11-8
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

eagleseyeview Posted at 11-8 03:50
The batteries I am using have been used several times with said drone with no issues.  When I turn the drone on it immediately acts like it’s connected to something, no yellow led flashing, even when the remote is off.

Hi eagleseyeview. Thank you for the reply and additional information, may I know if you are able to isolate and check if the issue regarding the connection between the remote and to the aircraft was solved upon undergoing the relinking process? In addition, can you please provide us a sample video showing the concern on the status indicator of the drone? Thank you.
2020-11-8
Use props
AregG
lvl.1

United States

After a few months of not using my Mavic 2 Zoom I charged the batteries (original) and turned on the controller and then the drone as the standard sequence goes. There was no connection I turned everything off and on again with no avail. Finally I turned on the drone first then the remote and achieved connection. I turned everything off and tried the normal sequence again to no avail. So for some reason now I have to turn the drone on then the remote. This works but it concerns me, Years ago I lost an RC helicopter by doing so, although fortunately the damage was limited to the craft only.
2022-3-23
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

AregG Posted at 3-23 08:10
After a few months of not using my Mavic 2 Zoom I charged the batteries (original) and turned on the controller and then the drone as the standard sequence goes. There was no connection I turned everything off and on again with no avail. Finally I turned on the drone first then the remote and achieved connection. I turned everything off and tried the normal sequence again to no avail. So for some reason now I have to turn the drone on then the remote. This works but it concerns me, Years ago I lost an RC helicopter by doing so, although fortunately the damage was limited to the craft only.

Hi, there. Sorry for any inconvenience. Please check whether the firmware of the drone and controller is the latest version. If not, please update to the latest version. If the problem still occurs, please give us a video of the issue described to do a confirmation? Thank you.
2022-3-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules