FC40 Camera Question
920 4 2020-11-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
able1
lvl.1

United States

Hello,

I realize that the FC40 is somewhat dead and gone for most.  However, I still have one
that flys and I just replaced the battery in the camera and it still works.  Even though I
don't have a app or a phone of that era the camera does record video to the Micro SD Card.  

My problem is I can't delete or format the Micro SD Card.  I don't remember how that was
done (back in the day).  Is there anyone hear that can give me a hint on what is needed
or what needs to be done.

Thanks in advance for any hint or suggestions!!

Les
2020-11-7
Use props
able1
lvl.1

United States

Hello again,
Well is seems that I figured it out.  You can't delete directly form the Micro SD Card.  
What is needed is the FC40 Camera needs to be plugged into the USB port with
the SD Card installed.  Then when you access the card and just delete the files.

Maybe this will help somebody out there other than me!!!

Les

2020-11-8
Use props
djiuser_iSl5oG7kVSfk
New
United States

Hi Les,
I was recently given an old FC-40 and have been playing around with it. Am I correct in thinking  that there is no app that will work with the camera on this to get a birds eye view of what they camera is seeing? I have yet to find any software to do calibration, etc. either.
Thank you for any information you might have.

Dave
2020-12-13
Use props
djiuser_iSl5oG7kVSfk
New
United States

able1 Posted at 11-8 06:28
Hello again,
Well is seems that I figured it out.  You can't delete directly form the Micro SD Card.  
What is needed is the FC40 Camera needs to be plugged into the USB port with

Hi Les,
I was recently given an old FC-40 and have been playing around with it. Am I correct in thinking  that there is no app that will work with the camera on this to get a birds eye view of what they camera is seeing? I have yet to find any software to do calibration, etc. either.

Dave
2020-12-13
Use props
able1
lvl.1

United States

djiuser_iSl5oG7kVSfk Posted at 12-13 12:06
Hi Les,

Hi Dave,
As it relates to a iPhone app I have to say that it correct!!  

Although it was said by someone in a different thread that there is a app that is for a android that
is suppose to be available and is to work.  However, since I only have a iPhone I decided to give up on that idea.
Well actually it was said that the Android was to work on the iPhone but I doubt that to be the case.

If the FC40 drone does fly for you then my only suggestion would be to get a different camera.
Such as a GoPro with WiFi or a similar NoGoPRo such as this.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Wifi-1080P-Ultra-HD-Sports-Action-Camera-DVR-Cam-Camcorder-Waterproof-US/383804275204?hash=item595c847a04%3Ag%3AAm0AAOSwK1xfqkEJ&LH_ItemCondition=1000

You would then adapt the mounting or install a gimble.  Would be best to install some shock absorbing mounting hardware to smooth the video.
I would also suggest turning off the audio pickup since the sound is useless.

Other than that you would need a older iPhone 3 or so with the old app installed for it to work.  
Wish I still had mine but it took a trip and won't be back!!

If you are new at this drone thing I would suggest to learn how to fly the thing.  
You should try and find the setup instructions that talk about the DJI Dance when getting
ready to fly.  I am sure it is here somewhere on the forum.

Always remember that bodies of water and trees have very large magnets
and tend to pull drones in when getting close.  Depth preception is difficult at a distance.  

If you are in need of batteries I would suggest these:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Powerhobby-3S-11-1V-2200mAh-25C-Lipo-Battery-Pack-w-XT60-Plug-2-PACK/391798783164

Any old batteries are pretty much a waste of time, not to mention dangerous.  

If you happen to get something to work, by all means pass it back to me and others.  
It would be most appreicated.

Hope all goes well.  Good Luck!!

Les

2020-12-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules