First Rain in 6+ months
730 17 2020-11-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
InsaneDiego
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1376841 ft
United States

We had a wild windy day today in San Diego, California. In addition, it rained on and off all day. They said it's the first rain we've had since March and that sounds about right. I got up early to do some flying and in between downpours went out and flew some more right up until sunset. This is what I found. The video is a combination of various things you can do with the Air 2.

2020-11-8
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Link not working  ??
2020-11-8
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think this is the link he meant to post:  
2020-11-8
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Very nice footage.  It was definitely a windy day for flying.
2020-11-8
Use props
InsaneDiego
lvl.4
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 11-8 07:13
I think this is the link he meant to post:  First Rain in 6+ Months

Thank you DT. I was wondering why the preview image didn't show! I've adjusted the post.
2020-11-8
Use props
InsaneDiego
lvl.4
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 11-8 07:14
Very nice footage.  It was definitely a windy day for flying.

It's the windiest day I've flown and we don't get that kind of wind here very often. It was "only" 20 mph or so with some larger gusts but I would have never flown my Phantom 3 in these conditions. Not that it couldn't handle it. I was always scared to fly it with its Wi-Fi connection. I have a lot of confidence in the Air 2 and very happy I jumped on board.
2020-11-8
Use props
InsaneDiego
lvl.4
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 11-8 00:48
Link not working  ??

I've corrected it. Thanks for looking. Come on back and give it a view.
2020-11-8
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

InsaneDiego Posted at 11-8 08:23
I've corrected it. Thanks for looking. Come on back and give it a view.

Now it's working. A nice compilation. Thanks for the share.
2020-11-8
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Very nice video
2020-11-8
Use props
JohnLietzke
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3125968 ft
United States

San Diego is usually great for flying weather wise but so much restricted Air Space due to all the military and airports.  
2020-11-8
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Very nicely done
2020-11-8
Use props
InsaneDiego
lvl.4
United States

JohnLietzke Posted at 11-8 12:28
San Diego is usually great for flying weather wise but so much restricted Air Space due to all the military and airports.

I live right under the flight path for Montgomery. I have to be super careful. I'm cleared for 400 feet but I can tell you, 1) there are many that are lower than that, a lot lower, and 2) when Copter 1 is heading to an emergency, they come fast and low. For that reason, I rarely go above 100 feet right here.

You're right though. Seems anywhere near central San Diego is a landmine of planes.
2020-11-8
Use props
JohnLietzke
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3125968 ft
United States

Indeed, there are a lot of planes in that area.  I personally like to fly in Mission Bay, Chula Vista Bayfront Park to Coronado Cays and Pacific Beach.

I had a close call in Pacific Beach with a small plane.  It came around the cliff right along the surf-line and over the pier.  ADS-B did not alert me until the plane was almost one me.  I took evasive maneuvers and dropped down to 30 ft.  I was probably 200 ft out over the ocean and 75 ft above the water.  I checked on the FAA flight tracker and the plane was flying with clearance at 270 ft.  It really was tense.
In the San Diego Bay in the open airspace between Chula Vista and Coronado I never worry about the Miliatry helicopters as you can hear them from at least a mile away.

2020-11-8
Use props
InsaneDiego
lvl.4
United States

JohnLietzke Posted at 11-8 15:30
Indeed, there are a lot of planes in that area.  I personally like to fly in Mission Bay, Chula Vista Bayfront Park to Coronado Cays and Pacific Beach.

I had a close call in Pacific Beach with a small plane.  It came around the cliff right along the surf-line and over the pier.  ADS-B did not alert me until the plane was almost one me.  I took evasive maneuvers and dropped down to 30 ft.  I was probably 200 ft out over the ocean and 75 ft above the water.  I checked on the FAA flight tracker and the plane was flying with clearance at 270 ft.  It really was tense.

FAA Flight Tracker? That sounds interesting! Link, please.  We get some Miramar heli's also and ya, they are thunderous. Their new planes have a different sound too when they bank. They sound kinda like the Star Wars spindle craft. Screechy things.
2020-11-8
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there InsaneDiego. Thank you for reaching out and for posting this wonderful video you have filmed. Great work and keep on filming.
2020-11-8
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Very nice to see (and hear)
2020-11-8
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nicely done.    
2020-11-9
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

InsaneDiego Posted at 11-8 08:19
Thank you DT. I was wondering why the preview image didn't show! I've adjusted the post.

You're very welcome.  
2020-11-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules