Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Schmooit
First Officer
Flight distance : 1336581 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi Guys

The little Mavic Mini (and now 2) is a handy tool to have with us whether on holiday or working. I have a question and dont really understand the logic here, If DJI Go4 is kind of the default APP for the Mavic 2 and P4 and Mavic Air but now that they have introduced the DJI Fly app for the Mavic Air 2 and Mini, isnt DJI Go4 going to be relegated like the DJI GO app was for the Phantoms pre P4?

It seems that there seems to be segregation now for the different drone types but what is more annoying is that the flight logs for each are not linked.

Maybe Im not finding it but it would seem if I fly the Mavic 2 Pro or the P4 or P3 for that matter the flight times are recorded and synced in the cloud and can be viewes in either DJI GO or DJI GO4 Apps but the flight time recorded via the DJI Fly app do not seem to be visible in the DJI GO APP's, but the Fly APP does seem to show a total flight tiem similar to the total flight time in the Go App

If anyone looking to add these to their suite of aircraft for work use is gonna have to manually check these flights for the their log book.

I use Dronelogbook and it syncs with the DJI cloud account so I can import the logs, and the Mini flights do get imported. But it seems daft that we have to use a third party to be able to view our flight times and logs even though they are synced to a DJI cloud account somewhere, It would be great if we could use our DJI accounts and be able to view these flight logs for ourselves online rather than via the different apps or maybe if it has to be app related then just created a flight logs app that collates all of them and allows us to seem how many lfight and hours etc... for each drone we own, half of it is already there in the Go App and a weaker verison in the Fly app.

I understand the fly app is aimed at what might be considered consumer drones but DJI have an odd outlook on what is consumer and porfessional along side their naming conventions!

A Mavic Pro wasnt a 'Pro Drone' and nor is the 2 but bear the Pro name, the Phantom 4 Pro is a professional drone and is bested by the camera an features of the Mavic 2.

Is the Fly app then only aimed at the entry models and the Go app is aimed at the higher end models? All seems a bit messy, Ive seen many PFCO's locally using the Mavic 2 and Mavic Air for work so what is deemed 'Pro' isnt really that clear so not sure why some features that would be usefule across the all drones like a cnetral flight log are not yet a thing this far down the line.
(On another off topic note I have the mini and it doesnt seem to show up in my forum drone list not that bothered but wondered if the 2 might be linked in some way)

2020-11-8
Use props
Ruzhye
Second Officer
Flight distance : 795640 ft
United States

This has been discussed a few times on here.  Currently there are a few 3rd party apps, like Airdata that do work, but it won't sync on DJI Go 4.  I agree that it would be very helpful if DJI offered an actual website or app that would compile all of the info from each of your drones, no matter the app that you use to record it.
2020-11-8
Use props
Schmooit
First Officer
Flight distance : 1336581 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yeah I think so not sure why it cant be done really as there must be an api that reads the txt files from each flight recorded in each of the apps, it seems such a simple thing to do, considering this forum even uses the total distance!

2020-11-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules