1268 23 2020-11-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ian in London
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8330187 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Must admit to being very pleasantly surprised by the new Mini 2.  Way more than a camera & remote upgrade.....

Here's my thoughts

Ian

2020-11-8
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Congrats mate - glad it's finally arrived!
2020-11-8
Use props
Ian in London
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A J Posted at 11-8 05:24
Congrats mate - glad it's finally arrived!

I got it Friday evening, filmed it yesterday, edited last night and this morning, and here we are!  
2020-11-8
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ian in London Posted at 11-8 05:59
I got it Friday evening, filmed it yesterday, edited last night and this morning, and here we are!

Cool little journey mate!
2020-11-8
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Nice comparison test Ian
2020-11-8
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ian If you are not careful you are going to cost me £549
2020-11-8
Use props
Ian in London
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 11-8 09:35
Ian If you are not careful you are going to cost me £549

It's well worth it this time.......
2020-11-8
Use props
djiuser_jlXvtbqzCyHi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4725190 ft
Spain

Nice review Ian, like your videos!
Waiting for more...
2020-11-8
Use props
CemAygun
lvl.4
Flight distance : 810 ft
Philippines

Great review again, thanks a lot!
2020-11-8
Use props
JohnLietzke
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3125968 ft
United States

Solid review.  Thank you
2020-11-8
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great review Ian and congrats on the new bird.
2020-11-8
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Ian. Thank you for reaching out and for posting this interesting review video you have created for the DJI Mini 2. Great work and thank you for your support.
2020-11-8
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Can't wait to get a hold of my mini 2 Ian.  great comparison and great video.
2020-11-8
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Well made!
2020-11-8
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Interesting,   Thanks for sharing. .
2020-11-9
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Well Ordered on line last night at about 18.00 hrs and off to my Local Argos for click and collect this morning. If anyone is wondering their click and collect is very safe with a table in the doorway and all done at my store outside. Took literally seconds.

Pic of her now in my house.

Ian Her indoors recons you have a lot to answer for
2020-11-9
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Now I am waiting for the battery charging process. For some reason I am charging just one to start with in the brick..... No real reason other than I remember there were issues with the MA2 charging all the lot at once..... I have only updated my app on the Iphone 6s Plus also as I wanted to keep the old app on my Ipad Mini and other Iphone just incase it messes up other things on my MA2..... Very Cautious me
2020-11-9
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

So then.... All charged updated and had my first flight. If you have the money and you wondering I would say go for it This is an excellent little drone
2020-11-9
Use props
Ian in London
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 11-9 04:28
Now I am waiting for the battery charging process. For some reason I am charging just one to start with in the brick..... No real reason other than I remember there were issues with the MA2 charging all the lot at once..... I have only updated my app on the Iphone 6s Plus also as I wanted to keep the old app on my Ipad Mini and other Iphone just incase it messes up other things on my MA2..... Very Cautious me

The charging hub only charges 1 battery at a time.  Same with all the combo charging hubs.
Glad you love it!  Feeling partly respoonsible
2020-11-9
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ian in London Posted at 11-9 08:47
The charging hub only charges 1 battery at a time.  Same with all the combo charging hubs.
Glad you love it!  Feeling partly respoonsible

You need not feel responsible........ Just remember what we agreed. If it is pants in the wind you will give me my money back
Either way the best bit about this one for me is it is small and quiet, sort of looks like a toy and hence people hopefully will be less offended by it. Also if it did flutter down onto someones head and he had a bit of hair on his heed it should not cause too much damage.

Also if some randon does get concerned you can say well it is under weight so all is good (Show him the 249 on the side and he might say Ohhh I did not know that)........ Now of course I know that the weight thing is just about registration and all the other rules apply...... But does Mr Ramdom know that....... .

Que all those that like to quote the rules (Which I know by the way)
2020-11-9
Use props
K6CCC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 651683 ft
United States

Nice comparison Ian.
I don't currently expect to upgrade from my Mini to a Mini 2 - although you are tempting me.  If I were to get another drone today, it would most likely be a Mavic Air 2 - although I am watching to see if a there is a Mavic 3 Pro down the road somewhere.  For me, by far the biggest advantage would be OccuSync.  I do a lot of my flying the the RF congested Los Angeles basin, and the WiFi interference can be severe.
2020-11-9
Use props
Ian in London
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 11-9 09:57
You need not feel responsible........ Just remember what we agreed. If it is pants in the wind you will give me my money back
Either way the best bit about this one for me is it is small and quiet, sort of looks like a toy and hence people hopefully will be less offended by it. Also if it did flutter down onto someones head and he had a bit of hair on his heed it should not cause too much damage.

You make a good point about the Mini being less threatening to your average passerby.  And the weight thing is a nice extra point to throw at anyone challengingg you.  I'm lucky that in all my years of flying around the world, I've never been challenged.  Maybe it's because I tend to fly away from people. Maybe it's because I look like a thug...
2020-11-13
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ian in London Posted at 11-13 00:06
You make a good point about the Mini being less threatening to your average passerby.  And the weight thing is a nice extra point to throw at anyone challengingg you.  I'm lucky that in all my years of flying around the world, I've never been challenged.  Maybe it's because I tend to fly away from people. Maybe it's because I look like a thug...

I also have generally only had people approach me who are interested and I explain what it can do and they are generally pleased to be chatted to. It might also be cos I look like a thug

I actually find all the rules and the rule quoters and copy and pasters of such rules all rather depressing. I prefer and advocate just flying and enjoying your drone responsibly and you will most likely be fine all of the time.

Did you see my little wind test video taken the other day with the Mini... I was impressed so you dont need to give me my money back............... Yet

2020-11-13
Use props
Ian in London
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 11-13 01:13
I also have generally only had people approach me who are interested and I explain what it can do and they are generally pleased to be chatted to. It might also be cos I look like a thug

I actually find all the rules and the rule quoters and copy and pasters of such rules all rather depressing. I prefer and advocate just flying and enjoying your drone responsibly and you will most likely be fine all of the time.

That looked like it was holding its own!
2020-11-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules