Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
SDK update for Mini 2?
12Next >
19106 55 2020-11-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans427539f9
lvl.3
Flight distance : 148 ft
Australia

Does any one know how fast DJI may update SDK for Mini 2? How much time it took for different drones from the release date to have updated SDK?
2020-11-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I can only say don’t be in a hurry, 6 months would be considered quick.
2020-11-8
Use props
ABeardedItalian
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1063107 ft
United States

Doubtful before next year, the Mavic Air 2 still has a "Estimated Release Time: 2020-11-29" for it's SDK support to be released.

For reference, the mini 1's SDK was released "2020-07-26".
2020-11-8
Use props
fans92420d74
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1640367 ft
Poland

It is not worth waiting for the SDK because Dji releases very limited versions, for example for the Mavic Mini or the release announcements for AIR 2, - no" Waypoints". They are only interested in those who plan to buy, not those who have already bought the equipment.
2020-11-8
Use props
JohnLietzke
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3125968 ft
United States

I have been waiting for the Air2 SDK since release.  DJI is taking forever.
2020-11-8
Use props
fans427539f9
lvl.3
Australia

I see that DJI is very slow in that aspect :/ Thanks for your opinions!
2020-11-8
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. Thank you for reaching out and for this inquiry. As of this time we do not have any information when will the SDK update for DJI Mini 2 will be released. Kindly please stay tuned to the latest news, and updates by following us on social media ( Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DJI , Twitter: https://twitter.com/djiglobal , YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/djiinnovations ) for further details. Thank you for your support.
2020-11-10
Use props
fans427539f9
lvl.3
Australia

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-10 21:09
Hello there. Thank you for reaching out and for this inquiry. As of this time we do not have any information when will the SDK update for DJI Mini 2 will be released. Kindly please stay tuned to the latest news, and updates by following us on social media ( Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DJI , Twitter: https://twitter.com/djiglobal , YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/djiinnovations ) for further details. Thank you for your support.

I am following you on every possible place. I am like your worse nightmare, ugliest spy and biggest observer. Unfortunately I didn't find any leaks about SDK and you didn't confirm any particular date.
Could you at least provide some date range when it can be released?
2020-11-10
Use props
Patrick De Clercq
lvl.1

Belgium

We are all impatiently waiting and we hope that DJI will show some respect for the will of its customers
2021-1-9
Use props
KREMi
lvl.4
  • >>>
Poland

cmon cmon cmon give us SDK for mini2! that would bring value of this drone to decent level
2021-1-9
Use props
TorontoSy
lvl.1

Canada

DJI does not care about it's users, they don't even have the courtesy to give a date.
2021-1-30
Use props
Ariel L
lvl.1
Philippines

SDK is very nice to have. Mini 2 to not have an sdk is quite unfair while mini 1 has. Mini 2 does not carry the mavic name but it is still a mavic in all aspects. I hope they will release an sdk for mini 2. It shouldn’t be a huge work considering mini 1 and 2 are similar. I understand they both have different hardwares but most features are similar and just upgraded. Please give us the sdk soon.
2021-2-9
Use props
Andy Uk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3985676 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ABeardedItalian Posted at 2020-11-8 08:43
Doubtful before next year, the Mavic Air 2 still has a "Estimated Release Time: 2020-11-29" for it's SDK support to be released.

For reference, the mini 1's SDK was released "2020-07-26".

The Mavic Air 2 SDK was released!! in 4.14 for iOS and Andriod on 10th December 20202
2021-2-9
Use props
djiuser_twGsBTiBORBF
lvl.1
Flight distance : 561663 ft
Italy

Any news about release date for Mini 2 SDK  ? It's crazy that till  now it is impossible to use other apps like Litchi or Dronelink becouse DJI has NOT released a SDK for Mini 2. Potentially interested users must know this before  buy DJI Mini 2.
2021-2-11
Use props
arczi79
lvl.3
Australia

djiuser_twGsBTiBORBF Posted at 2-11 14:18
Any news about release date for Mini 2 SDK  ? It's crazy that till  now it is impossible to use other apps like Litchi or Dronelink becouse DJI has NOT released a SDK for Mini 2. Potentially interested users must know this before  buy DJI Mini 2.

Never... or not in the nearest future. Looking on history of SDK for Air 2 - you may need to wait few years for Mini 2 SDK...
2021-2-11
Use props
djiuser_LSA2v8XVnCFw
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3600774 ft
United States

Willing to be sometime next year
2021-2-11
Use props
djiuser_aWiC2VOErLXj
lvl.2

France

In this thread, @DJI-William said we have to wait until Q2, 2021... Does it mean April or June? Hope it's April !
2021-2-12
Use props
merinorazo
lvl.1
Spain

Hello, any news?
2021-2-13
Use props
Majcen
lvl.1
Flight distance : 179147 ft

Slovenia

Hi, are we getting any closer to SDK for mini 2 ?
2021-2-17
Use props
arczi79
lvl.3
Australia

Majcen Posted at 2-17 08:06
Hi, are we getting any closer to SDK for mini 2 ?

No. We are not.
2021-2-17
Use props
Paul Mavic
lvl.3
Flight distance : 328163 ft
Netherlands

Lets all be positive and ask DJI in a poll or something to get their mini 2 SDK a.s.a.p.
(I don't know how to do this myself, but perhaps there is someone out here who is willing to set this up and send it to DJI)
2021-2-24
Use props
djiuser_8ajoO70Ks8xa
lvl.1

Canada

Didn’t the Air 2 come out in April 2020? So roughly 6 months…
2021-2-27
Use props
Tuxtard
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9975610 ft
Serbia

DJI usually releases SDK when they think that device is ironed out and don't plan on releasing any future firmware updates. So, in a way, SDK not being available for DM2 might be a good thing, meaning there is still a chance that some new features get squeezed in with future firmware updates.
2021-2-27
Use props
djiuser_fNf6gDVx0yeF
New

Finland

They think they are farming money, but lack of Litchi for Air 2 and Mini 2 means that there exists users that just skip the buying decision until the support is there...
2021-3-2
Use props
Wyldwestaz10
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1099068 ft
United States

Yes it is usually about 6 months. Mavic Air 2 Dronelink Beta version has been out for almost 3 months. It only took Dronelink a few weeks to get a basic version going. Dronelink is an amazing app and as always it utilizes a path with waypoints. Really simple way to setup mission with routes. It's always a learning curve if you have never used a mission app but doesn't take too long to get the basics down. Just a guess but I be,I eve it will be summer before DJI rekeaess the SDK for Mini 2. Dronelink is not just a waypoint app though, it's a complete mission app which can do way more thrn most will ever use. Overall it's been working great with small bugs in the app like automated camera and gimbal commands. Nothing which effects the path or flight of aircraft. Good luck and enjoy everyone.
2021-3-3
Use props
djiuser_V6L0yt8u0Rta
lvl.1
Flight distance : 18573 ft
Switzerland

fans92420d74 Posted at 2020-11-8 10:14
It is not worth waiting for the SDK because Dji releases very limited versions, for example for the Mavic Mini or the release announcements for AIR 2, - no" Waypoints". They are only interested in those who plan to buy, not those who have already bought the equipment.

This is totally inaccurate .. the mini hardware is too simple for waypoints, but through the SDK they have had waypoints, tracking, etc etc for some time now .. that's the point of the SDK!
2021-4-5
Use props
djiuser_V6L0yt8u0Rta
lvl.1
Flight distance : 18573 ft
Switzerland

Please don't let this thread get cold, I only bought the mini 2 because of possible SDK use, and traded the mini with a colleague .. the mini 2 is the perfect drone next to my mavic 2 !

J
2021-4-5
Use props
Andy Uk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3985676 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_V6L0yt8u0Rta Posted at 4-5 00:34
This is totally inaccurate .. the mini hardware is too simple for waypoints, but through the SDK they have had waypoints, tracking, etc etc for some time now .. that's the point of the SDK!

This is false also, 3rd parties have introduced waypoints for the Mini 1 NOT via specific functions provided in the SDK but by using virtual stick flying on the 3rd party app e.g. yu set a waypoint and the software moves the sticks virtually to get you there.

This is very different to Waypoints provided in the SDK for say the Mavic Pro and Mavic 2 where there are functions allowing the ability to upload a preset waypoint route to the drone and the drone fly that route automatically.
2021-4-5
Use props
talenteronline.no
lvl.3
Flight distance : 125164 ft
Norway

fans92420d74 Posted at 2020-11-8 10:14
It is not worth waiting for the SDK because Dji releases very limited versions, for example for the Mavic Mini or the release announcements for AIR 2, - no" Waypoints". They are only interested in those who plan to buy, not those who have already bought the equipment.

That's not entirely correct. I have used my Mini with Dronelink and had access to waypoints and most of the advanced features. So clearly the SDK for the Mini was not as limited as you would think. I expect the SDK for Mini 2 will not have less features and make using it with Dronelink a really awesome experience!
2021-4-5
Use props
talenteronline.no
lvl.3
Norway

Andy Uk Posted at 4-5 05:03
This is false also, 3rd parties have introduced waypoints for the Mini 1 NOT via specific functions provided in the SDK but by using virtual stick flying on the 3rd party app e.g. yu set a waypoint and the software moves the sticks virtually to get you there.

This is very different to Waypoints provided in the SDK for say the Mavic Pro and Mavic 2 where there are functions allowing the ability to upload a preset waypoint route to the drone and the drone fly that route automatically.

I really don't think it matters whether waypoints is a specific feature in the SDK or the 3rd party software uses virtual sticks as long as the Mini flies from waypoint to waypoint.
2021-4-5
Use props
djiuser_aWiC2VOErLXj
lvl.2

France

talenteronline.no Posted at 4-5 06:05
I really don't think it matters whether waypoints is a specific feature in the SDK or the 3rd party software uses virtual sticks as long as the Mini flies from waypoint to waypoint.

Yes it matters, because it is a lot easier to develop a light software using internal drone functions to go to a waypoint instead of having to simulate user action on the remote control through virtual sticks, take wind into account, etc...

In the case of Mini 2, which will not offer any internal waypoint function through the SDK, it means that we will have to stick to existing apps where virtual sticks are already correctly handled for waypoint simulation. Developing a new app would be like reinventing the wheel.

Another difference is that an internal waypoint function would allow the drone to fly its mission even if connection is lost. With virtual sticks, the drone has to hover in place or return to home if connection is lost.
2021-4-6
Use props
talenteronline.no
lvl.3
Norway

djiuser_aWiC2VOErLXj Posted at 4-6 12:52
Yes it matters, because it is a lot easier to develop a light software using internal drone functions to go to a waypoint instead of having to simulate user action on the remote control through virtual sticks, take wind into account, etc...

In the case of Mini 2, which will not offer any internal waypoint function through the SDK, it means that we will have to stick to existing apps where virtual sticks are already correctly handled for waypoint simulation. Developing a new app would be like reinventing the wheel.

To me it is the same as explaining the difference between automatic gear shifting or automatic clutch on a car. The result is the same, the car shifts gears automatically. Works for me. And the fact that the drone will return home if connection is lost, no problem for me. And Mini 2 has Ocusync 2.0 which means that the connection is so much better than the Mini.
Dronelink already has this figured out. So when the SDK is available they will surely implement it in the best way possible. Then suddenly the Mini 2 can play with the big boys (drones) out there!
2021-4-7
Use props
fanse7c1dc92
lvl.1

Canada

just buy a husban zeno mini pro ? this drone will be very popular and dji might have to do upgrade their softwares for the mini 2
2021-5-7
Use props
relaxosmo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 180604 ft
Hungary

I just heared, SDK 5 will support our Mini2!
2021-5-20
Use props
steamship
lvl.4
Flight distance : 229180 ft
Russia

relaxosmo Posted at 5-20 07:26
I just heared, SDK 5 will support our Mini2!

There is a post on Github from February from 'DJI Developer Support' that states 'The Mini 2 will not be supported in MSDK 4.X version but will support in MSDK 5.X version. But there is no estimate release date for MSDK 5.X version yet.'. Considering that 4.X isn't due out until some time in June, it looks like we'll be waiting a while.
2021-5-21
Use props
djiuser_SFQvAzg9IRj1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 836204 ft
Germany

I wrote and received the standard reply of "we have no estimated release date at the moment". I actually wrote back and thanked them for their reply plus a little moan about how long we have been waiting. Surprisingly they wrote back again

2021年6月8日 GMT+810:57

Dear Client
Thank you for contacting DJI.

We had a meeting with product team yesterday, the ETA of 5.0 release is September.

Hopefully our solution can help you.
Kindly Regards,
DJI Developer Support
2021-6-7
Use props
relaxosmo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 180604 ft
Hungary

wow, can't wait for it!
2021-6-7
Use props