Gh5 Focusing on RSC2
3792 6 2020-11-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jonas.a
lvl.1

Germany

Hi everybody,
I just got my RSC 2 and use it with a GH5. Works great, I love it!!!

One thing that's not great is controlling focus of native lenses (12-35 and 14-140) via the gimbal's focus wheel. It's choppy and not fluid at all, no matter what setting I  use for speed.

I heard it's a problem with the new models but used to work with the original SC? Can somebody confirm?

Can I expect a firmware update or something like that to fix the issue?

2020-11-8
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello there, we are sorry about the issue you had with the GH5 on the RSC2.
Have you already checked the setting up method on the GH5 with the cables and the lens support information? https://www.dji.com/nl/support/compatibility/rsc-2/gh5

If the issue still appears, could you please provide any video about the choppy control with us? We will help to check for any solutions, thanks!
2020-11-10
Use props
shostak.games
lvl.1

Ukraine

DJI Wanda Posted at 2020-11-10 01:51
Hello there, we are sorry about the issue you had with the GH5 on the RSC2.
Have you already checked the setting up method on the GH5 with the cables and the lens support information? https://www.dji.com/nl/support/compatibility/rsc-2/gh5
[view_image]

Hi!
I actually have the same issue (and also loving RSC 2 for everything else). My setup is GH5, Commlite speedbooster and Sigma 18-35, but I also tried it with Tokina 11-16 and got the same result. I made a little video where you can see (and hear) how focusing has clear steps, despite I know these lenses can focus smoothly when I do it from camera and not from gimbal. But I tried every possible combination of focus speed and smoothness on RSC 2 and every time focusing is choppy and with faster speed even skips some steps on it's way. Lenses were set in AF mode, and GH5 in MF, 4k 24fps. This is my tests -  
https://youtu.be/x1uIDdzTS3Q

I love the ability to pull focus with native wheel without buying additional focus motor, and I hope the choppiness can be fixed with some firmware update, so RSC 2 would become just the perfect gimbal, but frankly even being able to balance such a setup and pull focus at least somehow is already hell of an achievement.

While posting this, I had an idea and tested it in 60fps mode - and strangely enough, focusing steps feel at least twice faster and smaller. I hope this can help you with identifying the problem.

Thank you in advance,
Cheers,
Stas
2021-2-13
Use props
jonas.a
lvl.1

Germany

Hey Stas,
just saw your post. I still have that focusing problem and was searching the web to see if anybody came up with a fix. I did not....and apparently nobody else did.
I tried the Sigma again today with the focus motor and all that jazz....it's just so bulky and still not perfect. I would much more prefer proper focus by wire with the focus wheel and native lenses
Still hoping they can fix this issue in a firmware update!?!
2021-5-9
Use props
Nikostis69
lvl.2
Flight distance : 314839 ft
Greece

The problem is still present with Panasonic cameras I guess...

I'm using an S5 with Sigma 24-70 2.8 Art and the focus through the gimbal is useless. It's choppy and in slow speed of the focus wheel it is not responsive at all.

Is there any fix for this issue? Or an upcoming firmware update?
2022-5-23
Use props
adomanim
lvl.3

Palestine

Getting set up for some amature production work for a local not for profit, but I can't find an answer if the GH5S will fit on a DJI RSC2 if it is also in a Smallrig cage. Alternatively, if you can suggest a better gimble with pull focus support, that would be great. Also, if you've had experience with 3rd party DC couplers, I'd love to hear it. The genuine ones are phenomenally expensive for what they are.

Tutuapp 9Apps Showbox
2022-7-17
Use props
Gram Valentin
New

United States

adding to this thread because apparently it still hasn't been fixed. I am also using a GH5 with the RSC2.
2023-10-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules