Big disappointment in comparison to Osmo Pocket
602 4 2020-11-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ChMueller001
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

I have the new Pocket 2 now for 4 days, replacing my defective Osmo Pocket, and did a lot of tests of the video and photo quality.And I must say I'm really disappointed:
Photos look like shot with a cheap smartphone camera. Unsharp, overexposed. No big difference in 16 or 64 MP. Same problem in .jpg or .dng (RAW). Even the best editing cannot save the photos.
Videos are also much more pale and less sharp than those shot with the Osmo Pocket. High quality setting doesn't help much.
What happended here? Is the more open aperture the reason for this?
Whereas the Osmo Pocket surprised with the quality of its videos and photos, the Pocket 2 disappoints.
I saw already a lot of Youtube videos showing the same problems.
I will return my Pocket 2 and buy a Osmo Pocket again.
2020-11-8
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Sounds like you have d-cinelike activated.  Or you have another one with internal fingermarks and dust.  Can you provide links to YouTube videos showing these problems as the ones I have seen (including those shot with both models) don't show any such thing.
2020-11-9
Use props
Fat Panda
lvl.3
Flight distance : 31050 ft
Hong Kong

Any videos or photos?
2020-11-9
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi ChMueller001, sorry for that case happened. May I know the serial number of your DJI Pocket 2? At the same time, please provide us with some videos and pictures so we can help to check the details of the problem, you may upload it to Dropbox or Google Drive, then share the link with me, thanks.
2020-11-9
Use props
Joseph_pocket
lvl.2

Taiwan

I  would like to see the videos to compare the diff. between op1 and op2.
2020-11-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules