Mavic 2 Enterprise Modular Accessory Port
1154 4 2020-11-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mick11
lvl.2

Australia

Is anyone able to tell me what the interface is on the M2E series modular accessory port?  It looks like a lightly modified micro USB connection (and micro-USB cables will plug into it just fine), but the Mobile SDK doesn't seem to expose any extensibility interfaces, just the ability to interface with the stock accessories (light, beacon, speakers).  I would like to, for instance, look at mounting the Sentera Single sensor (~30g) on the M2E series.

Thanks,

Mick
2020-11-8
Use props
kv886
lvl.4

Hong Kong

This interface can only mount the accessories of DJI. It is impossible to mount third-party device on it.
2020-11-9
Use props
mick11
lvl.2

Australia

That seems a little short-sighted.  Dealers and 3rd party vendors are already opening up the Mavic 2 Pro and bolting on additions to this model, cutting through the top panel and wiring accessories to the internal circuits - why make them do that when they could up-sell them to the Enterprise series and avoid having people damage their aircraft and void their warranties?  This seems like something that could be easily done by extending the Payload SDK, or exposing a few simple APIs - most people would be happy enough with control over power.  Seems like a silly thing to hold back.

Anyway, thanks for your response.

Mick
2020-11-9
Use props
djiuser_7O0A3iEaV0Sh
New

Switzerland

It will certainly be possible.
The connector sits on top of the GPS board, which is highly similar to the one of the 2 Pro.

I have the 2 pro and although the connector pins are located slightly differently, I'm certain the board is roughly the same apart from that.
There are 2 data lines and power, provided from an additional TI 5V 3A source, which explains how they can mount these accessories. I could imagine that they also provide VBAT to the accessories, thus the modified port.

://1drv.ms/   u/s!ArxBkOFiPZTVjL4_UeZslQwxYHiNQQ
://1drv.ms  /u/s!ArxBkOFiPZTVjL5Cu0rj_IyVpA9RnQ
(disregarding two additional filters)

://1drv.ms  /u/s!ArxBkOFiPZTVjL5Cu0rj_IyVpA9RnQ

2020-12-4
Use props
mick11
lvl.2

Australia

Thanks for the info and the shots.  If I get some time it would be interesting to try to put together a custom accessory - nor sure when that time is going to appear though!
2020-12-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules