Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
WiFi performance between the the original Pocket and the Pocket 2
1189 6 2020-11-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Psoon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16279465 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Here's a bit of welcome information that didn't receive much publicity. The Do-It-All Handle for the Pocket 2 provides the wireless connectivity like the Wireless module did for the older Pocket. Not only is the new version a much better designed accessory - it attaches in a much more secure and positive way, but it has a tripod socket builtin, there's an integral speaker for listening to the playback, there's an audio jack for more expandibility........and finally(this is to me a big hidden bonus), the WiFi transfer speed is DOUBLE that of the older wireless module. The older unit transfers at around 8 to 10.5MB/s, now I am getting consistant 20.0 to 26.0MB/s. Good job DJI.

2020-11-8
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Psoon. Thank you for your positive feedback on the DJI Pocket 2 and for  posting these information and your valued insight with regards to this matter. Again, thank you for your valued support and keep on filming.
2020-11-8
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Funny as I am not able to transfer photos or video to my phone wirelessly at all. I phone 12 pro. Glad your able to track the wireless transfer speeds.
2020-11-9
Use props
Psoon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16279465 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Visual Air Posted at 11-9 16:32
Funny as I am not able to transfer photos or video to my phone wirelessly at all. I phone 12 pro. Glad your able to track the wireless transfer speeds.

I'm using an iPad(6th gen) and an iPhone 8, both with the latest IOS updates. Initially, I couldn't get the iPad to even see the SSID from the Pocket 2, then after updating the Mimo apps on both devices, restarting everything and a final re-calibration of the Pocket 2, now WiFi connection is smooth and reliable.
I've mentioned in another post that the WiFi transfer speed is now at least 2X faster with the new Do-It-All handle
2020-11-9
Use props
DJI-ytao
DJI R&D Squad
Flight distance : 1209413 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Psoon Posted at 11-9 18:33
I'm using an iPad(6th gen) and an iPhone 8, both with the latest IOS updates. Initially, I couldn't get the iPad to even see the SSID from the Pocket 2, then after updating the Mimo apps on both devices, restarting everything and a final re-calibration of the Pocket 2, now WiFi connection is smooth and reliable.
I've mentioned in another post that the WiFi transfer speed is now at least 2X faster with the new Do-It-All handle

we test that the the maximum speed is 26MB/s when downloading big file.
2020-11-9
Use props
DJI-ytao
DJI R&D Squad
Flight distance : 1209413 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Visual Air Posted at 11-9 16:32

would u plz post a video so that we can check?

(we tested the iphone wifi connection. There is some bugs of ios 14.  Forget the wifi or restart iphone may solve.)
2020-11-9
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

DJI-ytao Posted at 11-9 18:59
would u plz post a video so that we can check?

(we tested the iphone wifi connection. There is some bugs of ios 14.  Forget the wifi or restart iphone may solve.)

I will give it a try. I can transfer to phone when connected directly to the iPhone via the adapter, however unable to do it wirelessly.
2020-11-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules