Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Cut Off's during OA recording
629 11 2020-11-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Securis
lvl.1

Malaysia

Hi all,
I'm using an Osmo Action, and I've got a problem where the recording will freeze, stop (with a beep), and restart (with a beep). I find about 20-30 seconds lost between this issue.

It's not a battery shortage issue, as it starts right back up. I also doubt it's a heat issue, as it would start back up. I've reformatted the memory card several times, it doesn't help. I'm using a Sandisk Extreme 256gb V30 U3 A2 micro sd card. I bought it from a reputable seller.
2020-11-8
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hello there Securis. Thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to read and to know that you are having an issue with your DJI Osmo Action. For us to be able to assist you further, may I know what is the format of the video when the issue occurs? Was the firmware of the DJI Osmo action updated? If yes, kindly provide us the current firmware of it and a video showing the response of the DJI Osmo Action. Thank you.  
2020-11-9
Use props
johansenfoto
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Does this happen in all modus? I would still recommend trying with another memory card and a factory reset.
2020-11-9
Use props
Securis
lvl.1

Malaysia

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-9 01:28
Hello there Securis. Thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to read and to know that you are having an issue with your DJI Osmo Action. For us to be able to assist you further, may I know what is the format of the video when the issue occurs? Was the firmware of the DJI Osmo action updated? If yes, kindly provide us the current firmware of it and a video showing the response of the DJI Osmo Action. Thank you.

Hi Gamora, thank you for reaching out.

I was recording on 1080p, 60fps, mp4.

firmware is 01.09.00.10(7211)

The anomaly's occurrence is pretty random, I'll try to use another camera to capture it and post it up later.
2020-11-9
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

If you' re  formatting the card, make sure it's a Full format, not a quick format, and see if that stops the issue?
2020-11-10
Use props
united by water
lvl.4
United States

Interesting. I have similar issues (somewhat). I'm using a Sandisk Extreme 128gb V30 U3 A2 and have had two issues. The write speed has become increasing slow, enough that I get an alert on the camera saying the "write speed is slow". Evenutally the camera will stop recording - with a beep sound (I'm recording at 1080p, 60fps). Then it will kick itself out of the video mode after I have stopped recording and switch over to camera mode. So when I think I'm in camera mode and hit the record button, I start taking pictures. I reformatted the cards (I have two), reset the camera. I had to send the SD cards back to Sandisk, that could be the problem. The issue is so random. I could record fine for days, then the card will not record more that 30 seconds. I would reach out to Sandisk, they have a lifetime warranty on there SD cards (as long as it's not a knockoff).
2020-11-10
Use props
Securis
lvl.1

Malaysia

united by water Posted at 11-10 17:44
Interesting. I have similar issues (somewhat). I'm using a Sandisk Extreme 128gb V30 U3 A2 and have had two issues. The write speed has become increasing slow, enough that I get an alert on the camera saying the "write speed is slow". Evenutally the camera will stop recording - with a beep sound (I'm recording at 1080p, 60fps). Then it will kick itself out of the video mode after I have stopped recording and switch over to camera mode. So when I think I'm in camera mode and hit the record button, I start taking pictures. I reformatted the cards (I have two), reset the camera. I had to send the SD cards back to Sandisk, that could be the problem. The issue is so random. I could record fine for days, then the card will not record more that 30 seconds. I would reach out to Sandisk, they have a lifetime warranty on there SD cards (as long as it's not a knockoff).

thanks for sharing, Did Sandisk warranty the card for you? And did it resolve your issue?
2020-11-11
Use props
Securis
lvl.1

Malaysia

Fishycomics Posted at 11-10 03:10
If you' re  formatting the card, make sure it's a Full format, not a quick format, and see if that stops the issue?

The only formatting i've ever done is through the camera itself. I was not aware that there was a full format. I shall check and see how to do it.
2020-11-11
Use props
4wd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 545817 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

united by water Posted at 11-10 17:44
Interesting. I have similar issues (somewhat). I'm using a Sandisk Extreme 128gb V30 U3 A2 and have had two issues. The write speed has become increasing slow, enough that I get an alert on the camera saying the "write speed is slow". Evenutally the camera will stop recording - with a beep sound (I'm recording at 1080p, 60fps). Then it will kick itself out of the video mode after I have stopped recording and switch over to camera mode. So when I think I'm in camera mode and hit the record button, I start taking pictures. I reformatted the cards (I have two), reset the camera. I had to send the SD cards back to Sandisk, that could be the problem. The issue is so random. I could record fine for days, then the card will not record more that 30 seconds. I would reach out to Sandisk, they have a lifetime warranty on there SD cards (as long as it's not a knockoff).

I'm seeing this too, it seems odd it has only started the last few weeks - but very intermittently with no obvious explanation.
It might record happily for an hour or more then suddenly flash that message up.
A red message about card being too slow it's not I am only recording 2.7K/25fps and it can record 4K at 60fps with no problems if need be.
2020-11-12
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Securis Posted at 11-9 16:56
Hi Gamora, thank you for reaching out.

I was recording on 1080p, 60fps, mp4.

Hi Securis, thank you for your reply and additional information. Kindly monitor the response of the unit and I'm looking forward for a positive result. Thank you.
2020-11-14
Use props
united by water
lvl.4
United States

Securis Posted at 11-11 07:47
The only formatting i've ever done is through the camera itself. I was not aware that there was a full format. I shall check and see how to do it.

Yes, I just got new cards from SanDisk a few days ago. Sorry for the double post, meant to post back @ Securis.
2020-11-29
Use props
united by water
lvl.4
United States

Securis Posted at 11-11 07:46
thanks for sharing, Did Sandisk warranty the card for you? And did it resolve your issue?

Yes, I just got new cards from SanDisk a few days ago.
2020-11-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules