ND Filter Removal & Installation
1027 7 2020-11-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Magicdroner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 101086 ft
United States

Hi. Hope everyone is doing well. I have big fingers and always seem to have difficulty trying to remove and install ND filters on my Air 2. Does anyone have any tricks to do this easily or know of any tools that can be purchased to make ND filter removal and installation as easy as possible? Thanks in advance for any help.
2020-11-8
Use props
MySky
Second Officer
Flight distance : 364902 ft
Germany

It depends on the manufacturer. Freewell (on Amazon) is offering such a tool to help mount and removal of the filter.
2020-11-8
Use props
Magicdroner
lvl.4
United States

MySky Posted at 11-8 22:31
It depends on the manufacturer. Freewell (on Amazon) is offering such a tool to help mount and removal of the filter.

Hi. I do have Freewell filters. Thanks a lot. I'll see if I can find that tool on Amazon.
2020-11-8
Use props
MySky
Second Officer
Flight distance : 364902 ft
Germany

Check for: Freewell Filter Removal Tool Compatible Mavic Air 2
Or in the Amazon Freewell store.
2020-11-9
Use props
Scott108
lvl.4
Flight distance : 314419 ft
United States

There are a couple tools on Thingiverse, if you have (or know someone who has) a 3D printer.  Very quick prints.
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4381783
2020-11-9
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Magicdroner. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. I hope that you will get the best recommendation from our fellow DJI co pilots on how do they remove & install there ND Filters on there DJI drones and with regards to this matter. Have a safe and a happy flying always.
2020-11-10
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

Magicdroner Posted at 11-8 22:35
Hi. I do have Freewell filters. Thanks a lot. I'll see if I can find that tool on Amazon.

Got this tool with Freewell filters (when I ordered long exposure and UV filter).
2020-11-11
Use props
Magicdroner
lvl.4
United States

virtual Posted at 11-11 01:45
Got this tool with Freewell filters (when I ordered long exposure and UV filter).

Hi. I e-mailed Freewell about this and they sent me an e-mail back with a link to a tool which is being sold on Amazon. The tool is located at Freewell Tool . I just ordered it. Have a great day.
2020-11-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules