Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Incorrect Altitude in Pilot App
1158 2 2015-6-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
liam.j.mcintyre
New

United Kingdom

All,

Went for a flight this morning (nothing unusual, pre flight checks, calibration, IMU and so on all done) took off, flew around and then brought the Inspire directly overhead, started to bring it down closer and when I got to about 5m off the ground the pilot app said I was 25m. Firmware up to date and it didnt happen yesterday.....

Quite a worry considering you can't judge altitiude with the human eye if your inspire is 100m away but in line of sight in an open space, any thoughts?

Liam

2015-6-27
Use props
fullyestablishe
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I wonder if the home point was set correctly for this flight. Perhaps it would have been 25m above its last good home point. I find that if it tries to set the homepoint before it has a GPS lock then it just keeps previous home point.
2015-6-27
Use props
GB44
lvl.4
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

You need to keep an eye on this it may be the barometer sensor that is defective and would need to go back to DJI.  

I would suggest checking again to see if the vertical height is correct or not as this could be quite serious if you take off say at 0m agl then fly out some 100m then drop to 22m  perhaps over a cliff edge, if a RTH was initiated and fail safe return height set to 20m,  it could then rise to 20m then head home.  This would result in it flying into a cliff face or other structure.

My original aircraft had a defective barometer and done exactly the above but in farm land so nothing was damaged or harmed.  The potential problem for me was this defect came to light during an exercise to demonstrate the emergency RTH during a commercial flight exam testing the aircraft safety functions.

DJI were extremely helpful and replaced the Unit accordingly.
2015-6-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules