Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TheGeekette
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9491 ft
France

Hi all.

A newbie here so please be gentle!

I'm having a problem with charging my Mavic Mini controller. To be honest, I've had my Mavic Mini for a while and have only just taken it out for it's maiden flight.

My UK home is slap bang in a restricted fly zone as I'm in the middle of the flight paths of 4 airports/airfields so flying locally in the UK is a pain the the proverbial. So I've brought my MM to France so I can use it here for a while (no restricted zones anywhere near me)

However, although I charged up the controller while in the UK, I've popped it on charge again after using it for an hour or so here in France the other day and it's not playing nicely. I've had it on charge for nearly 24 hrs and it's still showing only two static lights and the third blinking all the time.

The drone batteries are charging fine, but not the controller?

Any suggestions as to what could be wrong?

2020-11-9
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Try Charge it with the Remote Controller power ON ....till see the solid 3rd Light , then Turn it OFF and complete the Charge
2020-11-9
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

2020-11-9
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hello there TheGeekette. Thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to read and to know that you are having issues with your DJI Mavic mini remote controller. We can isolate and check if the issue will persist upon using/borrowing a different USB cable to charge the remote. In addition, what is the battery percentage showing on the app when we unplug it from the wall charger and connect it to the mobile device and the DJI Fly app? Thank you.
2020-11-9
Use props
TheGeekette
lvl.1
France

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-9 04:54
Hello there TheGeekette. Thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to read and to know that you are having issues with your DJI Mavic mini remote controller. We can isolate and check if the issue will persist upon using/borrowing a different USB cable to charge the remote. In addition, what is the battery percentage showing on the app when we unplug it from the wall charger and connect it to the mobile device and the DJI Fly app? Thank you.

Hi DJI Gamora. I've used different USB cables (including the two that came with my Fly More combo) and the issue still persists. The battery percentage for the controller does not appear on the DJI fly app so I don't know where to get that from apart from the fact that when I check the battery level on the RC it just does the same thing (two left side static LEDs and the third flashing)

I've also switched the controller on and off again while connected to the charging cable and all that happens is that all the LED's go out. If I then connect the cable back in again, we go back to the two static LED's and one flashing...

2020-11-9
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

TheGeekette Posted at 11-9 05:34
Hi DJI Gamora. I've used different USB cables (including the two that came with my Fly More combo) and the issue still persists. The battery percentage for the controller does not appear on the DJI fly app so I don't know where to get that from apart from the fact that when I check the battery level on the RC it just does the same thing (two left side static LEDs and the third flashing)

I've also switched the controller on and off again while connected to the charging cable and all that happens is that all the LED's go out. If I then connect the cable back in again, we go back to the two static LED's and one flashing...

Hi TheGeekette, thank you for your reply and additional information, can you please provide us a video showing the response of the remote when we try to charge it? Thank you.  
2020-11-9
Use props
TheGeekette
lvl.1
France

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-9 06:01
Hi TheGeekette, thank you for your reply and additional information, can you please provide us a video showing the response of the remote when we try to charge it? Thank you.

There doesn't seem to be a way of uploading a video to a forum post?
2020-11-9
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

TheGeekette Posted at 11-9 06:17
There doesn't seem to be a way of uploading a video to a forum post?

Not this forum anyway. Upload it to a free video hosting site like YouTube or Vimeo and give us the link in your reply, like JetSam did above.
2020-11-9
Use props
TheGeekette
lvl.1
France

Video of what the controller is doing while on charge.

Two static led's and one flashing. That's all I get even if I use different micro USB leads or try to charge it from the battery bank itself. It's been doing this for 48hrs now.

Is there a problem with the controllers battery? I've only used it twice now and charged it twice!

2020-11-10
Use props
TheGeekette
lvl.1
France

@DJI Gamora I've uploaded the video? Any further thoughts on what the problem is?
2020-11-12
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

TheGeekette Posted at 11-10 00:48
https://vimeo.com/477485971

Video of what the controller is doing while on charge.

Hi TheGeekette. Thank you for the link provided and reply. I was able to review the video, may I know if you also tried to use a different power adapter since we already used a different USB cable? thank you.
2020-11-14
Use props
Cients
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5537369 ft
Portugal

Was the problem solved?
2020-11-14
Use props
TheGeekette
lvl.1
France

Cients Posted at 11-14 16:36
Was the problem solved?

No the problem isn't solved. I've also tried different charger plugs @DJIGamora but the controller still behaves in the same way.

As this doesn't seem to be user error (i.e. it's not something I'm doing wrong and therefore I can't fix it) I'll get on to DJI Customer service for a replacement as I've had it for just less than a year and will still be under warranty.

As I said, I've only charged the battery twice in it's lifetime (it charged up just fine 4 weeks ago) and now it won't charge at all.
2020-11-16
Use props
Scarves UP
First Officer
Flight distance : 372992 ft
United States

TheGeekette Posted at 11-16 01:24
No the problem isn't solved. I've also tried different charger plugs @DJIGamora but the controller still behaves in the same way.

As this doesn't seem to be user error (i.e. it's not something I'm doing wrong and therefore I can't fix it) I'll get on to DJI Customer service for a replacement as I've had it for just less than a year and will still be under warranty.

Any hit that would disconnect something? And is the wall adapter compatible?
2020-11-17
Use props
TheGeekette
lvl.1
France

Scarves UP Posted at 11-17 05:50
Any hit that would disconnect something? And is the wall adapter compatible?

Nope no damage sustained to the controller i.e. hasn't been dropped or thrown or stamped upon or anything. Kept in its case at all times unless charging or using.
I've tried various charger plugs, leads and plugged the charger into various outlets to see if it makes a difference but there's no change.

I took the drone out yesterday and flew it for 10 mins or so and now the lights are two solid when checking the battery level and remain two solid when the controller is plugged into the charger too.

I think definitely a battery problem even though the battery is new...

2020-11-18
Use props
Scarves UP
First Officer
Flight distance : 372992 ft
United States

TheGeekette Posted at 11-18 05:39
Nope no damage sustained to the controller i.e. hasn't been dropped or thrown or stamped upon or anything. Kept in its case at all times unless charging or using.
I've tried various charger plugs, leads and plugged the charger into various outlets to see if it makes a difference but there's no change.

Sorry to hear that!
2020-11-18
Use props
Cients
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5537369 ft
Portugal

2020-11-18
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

TheGeekette Posted at 11-18 05:39

Hello there TheGeekette, thank you for the reply and additional information. Since the issue still persists, I'm sorry to say that we will be needing to send the remote back for a proper diagnosis. For us to be able to assist you further with regards to this matter. Kindly contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support  Again, I am sorry for the trouble this has caused, and thank you.
2020-11-19
Use props
TheGeekette
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi all

Sorry it's me again!

I've submitted an online repair request and received a shipping label to return my controller for repair. However, the instructions ask for a copy of the completed online repair form to be included in the package that I send? How do I get a copy of the online repair form? I can't find anything to download a copy anywhere? Where is it?
2020-11-30
Use props
FILMMAKER_2020
lvl.1

India

TheGeekette Posted at 2020-11-18 05:39

Hi did u get any solutions? Even I am having same problems
2023-3-11
Use props
FILMMAKER_2020
lvl.1

India

TheGeekette Posted at 2020-11-18 05:39

Hi did u get any solutions? Even I am having same problems ..
2023-3-11
Use props
FILMMAKER_2020
lvl.1

India

Did any one get any solution to this problem? Even I am having same problem. Please help!!
2023-3-11
Use props
TheGeekette
lvl.1
United Kingdom

FILMMAKER_2020 Posted at 3-11 03:19
Did any one get any solution to this problem? Even I am having same problem. Please help!!

Hi there. In the end I had to contact support at DJI directly. They replaced my controller. Luckily at no cost as it was still within warranty. Contact them and they’ll be able to tell you if yours can be replaced FOC of if you have to pay for a repair. It’s a fault with the battery.
2023-3-11
Use props
djiuser_eXPSl6VOWroE
New

Belgium

Hello. Have the same problems with my controler of my mini..
The only thing ...the 1st and 2nd Light blinkeng and thats it  
2-6 11:40
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_eXPSl6VOWroE Posted at 2-6 11:40
Hello. Have the same problems with my controler of my mini..
The only thing ...the 1st and 2nd Light blinkeng and thats it

Hello there. Thank you for reaching out. Can you post a video showing the led indicator from the remote controller, please? You can upload it to YouTube and then paste the link here. Thank you.
2-7 00:10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules