Pan axis does'nt work, the classic ignition sound does'nt play
440 5 2020-11-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Fer gomez
lvl.1
Bolivia

I bought this Ronins SC and I've tried to calibrate the device several times and I have always encountered the following issues;
1. when I turn on the Ronin, the classic ignition sound does not play even if its fully charged
2.The paning motor seems completely static, it doesn't move at all (and there's no sound of components moving and there's no sign of an error in the app)
3. The otter two upper motors work randomly for about a minute and then the device turns it self off

I've tried updatind the firmware and nothing changed

I would really appreciate if someone could give me some advice on the subject. Thanks.

2020-11-9
Use props
Rincewind
lvl.4
  • >>>
Taiwan

Hi Fer!

I think you may not be providing enough information for the people here to give you a hand. First of all, what is the classic sound? My Ronin does not produce any sounds when I turn it on, and when I tested a sample at the shop, it didn't either. What are you expecting to happen when you turn it on?

Is the panning motor blocked, or is it not moving? I.e. if the device is off, does it rotate and what not, or is it locked in a single position? If it is locked into a single position, have you checked the locking sliders? If it does rotate when the device is off, how about your profile in the app? Is the pan axis fixed in the profile?

As for your last question, this may sound a bit silly from me, but again, I'm afraid your description is a bit sparse... Do you have a camera mounted on the device at all? Have you pre-balanced the gimbal before turning it on? Could it be that your pan axis is locked, and that the other two axis are trying to compensate for it until finally they just give up due to overload?

It may be good if you could at least post a video of the behavior.
2020-11-9
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello there,

Could you please share any video according to the questions you met on the Ronin-SC with us? The camera model and the lens info will also be helpful, thanks in advanced!
2020-11-10
Use props
Fer gomez
lvl.1
Bolivia

well I mainly mean the "beep" that should sound when you turn on the gimbal.

answering your questions, yes, I did the test by using a camera and calibrating the stabilization and I tried many times and not only myself but my professional colleagues as well but the result was the same.

When I connect the application and try to do the balance test it tells me that the two upper motors are calibrated but that the pan axis needs to be rebalanced.

obviously I made sure that the axes are not blocked when turning on the gimbal and that they are also perfectly balanced.

I will leave a screenshot of what comes out in the balance test and a link to the video I made.
https://youtu.be/8bGzsIs4QI4
As you can notice, English isn't my native language

I hope this makes the situation a little clearer and can help me

Thanks in advance
Screenshot_20201102-213513.jpg
Screenshot_20201102-213800.jpg
2020-11-10
Use props
Fer gomez
lvl.1
Bolivia

BTW I'm using a panasonic dmc g7 and an 14-42 mm lens
2020-11-10
Use props
Rincewind
lvl.4
  • >>>
Taiwan

Hi Fer!

Again, sorry if you felt my questions were a bit silly. Its just I've seen and heard so many people doing silly mistakes with these products, that I find a bit of encouragement to read the manual carefully solves most problems. In your case, you clearly are doing everything right (I can see the camera is nicely balanced before you turn the device on). Also, the fact that the focus wheel is not connecting with the gimbal, and that the joystick is not doing what it should does sound like a hardware communication problem. Although my guess is that you're going to have to send it for repair, could you tell me (mostly for the benefit of DJI Wanda), when you do the balance test, does the pan axis rotate? I'm asking this because it would be interesting to know if the motor does not react at all, or if there is a communication problem between the input devices in the handle and the motors.

Also, have you tried really calibrating the system (Status tab in the ronin app --> system calibration)? That has helped me sometimes with drift and other more serious motor problems.

I hope this was at least a small help, and that you get the unit either fixed or replaced soon. As for your English, I'm not a native speaker either, and from your accent in the video, mi impresión es que podríamos habernos comunicado mucho mas fácilmente (I'm keeping the message in English though, so DJI Wanda can follow).
2020-11-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules