1087 19 2020-11-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ChrisJG
First Officer
Flight distance : 1725341 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hello, love my Osmo Pocket 1, it's given me some great images and memorable video memories. Am tempted to get the 2, but my extension rod and other accessories would need updating too. How many of you have made the jump, and if you have, are you happy?
Thanks in advance,

Chris
2020-11-9
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hello there ChrisJG. Thank you for reaching out and the interest in our latest product release which is the DJI Pocket 2. I hope that you will also get out the best recommendation from our fellow DJI members who have the DJI Pocket 2. Thank you.
2020-11-9
Use props
ChrisJG
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-9 06:06
Hello there ChrisJG. Thank you for reaching out and the interest in our latest product release which is the DJI Pocket 2. I hope that you will also get out the best recommendation from our fellow DJI members who have the DJI Pocket 2. Thank you.

Thank you DJI Gamora.
2020-11-9
Use props
griffdude13
lvl.4
Flight distance : 53507 ft
  • >>>
United States

In regards to replacing accessories, a lot of them are actually cross compatible., including the extension rod.

See here: https://terra-1-g.djicdn.com/851 ... %97%E8%A1%A8_EN.pdf
2020-11-9
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I moved up to the P2.  My grandson is making great use of the OP.  
2020-11-9
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Am considering it Chris
2020-11-9
Use props
MKosmo
Second Officer
United Kingdom

As noted, the extension rod is comparable with both.  As I see it the pocket 2 is marginally better in a number of area's but no real game changer in what it provides compared to the op1.
2020-11-9
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

The original Pocket fulfills all my fantasies ...
2020-11-9
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I'm considering an upgrade from Osmo Mobile to Pocket 2
2020-11-9
Use props
ChrisJG
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

griffdude13 Posted at 11-9 07:14
In regards to replacing accessories, a lot of them are actually cross compatible., including the extension rod.

See here: https://terra-1-g.djicdn.com/851d20f7b9f64838a34cd02351370894/211/DJI%20Pocket%202%20%E4%B8%8E%20Osmo%20Pocket%20%E9%85%8D%E4%BB%B6%E5%85%BC%E5%AE%B9%E6%80%A7%E5%88%97%E8%A1%A8_EN.pdf

Thank you, that’s really useful.
Chris
2020-11-10
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

I will upgrade at some future point but only with the additional pack that makes the upgrade worthwhile for me as it represents better overall value for money. I will also wait for further firmware updates to see if some things improve. For instance the ability to track faces. Often on the Osmo Pocket at present, when close up it tends to track my mouth more than my eyes. This could be down to me having a beard and being balding but none-the-less annoying.
Also I notice on a lot of videos so far that the focus goes out when doing  panning shots still. It is not additional movement such as motion within the frame due to exposure time but a de-focus during the pan travel. I suspect this happens when continuous focus is selected rather than a fixed focus but not sure. What I'm really interested in though is the improvement in sound ability.

Ray.
2020-11-10
Use props
Robb OConnor
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I’m happy with the original for now and not in a rush to upgrade yet, but never say never maybe in about a year or so
2020-11-10
Use props
ChrisJG
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ray-CubeAce Posted at 11-10 04:38
I will upgrade at some future point but only with the additional pack that makes the upgrade worthwhile for me as it represents better overall value for money. I will also wait for further firmware updates to see if some things improve. For instance the ability to track faces. Often on the Osmo Pocket at present, when close up it tends to track my mouth more than my eyes. This could be down to me having a beard and being balding  but none-the-less annoying.
Also I notice on a lot of videos so far that the focus goes out when doing  panning shots still. It is not additional movement such as motion within the frame due to exposure time but a de-focus during the pan travel. I suspect this happens when continuous focus is selected rather than a fixed focus but not sure. What I'm really interested in though is the improvement in sound ability.

Thanks, I’m also seeing more than the occasional post mentioning heat too. Maybe not a problem now in Winter, but plan on taking one to Greece next year, where in higher ambient temps, it could be problematical.
2020-11-10
Use props
Gulfstream
lvl.4
Flight distance : 98996 ft
  • >>>
United States

We now have 3 in our home - 2 OP and 1 P2
2020-11-23
Use props
MuhlisG
lvl.4

Turkey

I bought the Osmo Pocket in August, wasn't expecting the OP2 launch ... The improvements on OP2 is big but not enough to encourage me to buy it (I think I don't need them, the 4K 60fps stabilized footage on OP1 was more than enough). So, let's wait for the OP3...
2020-11-25
Use props
ChrisJG
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

My Dji Pocket 2 Creator kit arrived today. For those of you considering upgrading, these are the errors I've encountered, right out of the box.
The battery will not charge beyond 97%
The do-it-all handle will not connect wirelessly to my iPhone using the memo app
The "documentation" does not provide the wifi password to allow you to manually connect the iPhone to the do-it-all handle, rendering it useless.
The location of the power button means that whenever I try to swap out the handles, my fingers inevitably hit the power button, turning the gimbal on.
It is late, and I'm mad as hell, having spent a while trying to suss out this gimbal, but current opinion is that the new Pocket 2 is an absolute crock of ..., and in it's current form, one to not buy.
Hopefully on of the DJI Admins will respond with more than the automated cut and paste response, but am very disappointed so far.
Chris
2020-12-3
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ChrisJG Posted at 12-3 16:17
My Dji Pocket 2 Creator kit arrived today. For those of you considering upgrading, these are the errors I've encountered, right out of the box.
The battery will not charge beyond 97%
The do-it-all handle will not connect wirelessly to my iPhone using the memo app

Um - thanks for sharing mate
2020-12-4
Use props
ChrisJG
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A J Posted at 12-4 09:42
Um - thanks for sharing mate

Thank you!
2020-12-9
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You're welcome
2020-12-9
Use props
Psoon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16279465 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I ordered the Creator Combo as soon as it was announced and couldn’t be happier with the evolution. Have communicated my wishes to DJI and hope that they’ll work on them in a future firmware update
2020-12-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules