Issues with Mavic 2 Pro motors on start up
945 12 2020-11-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
UAVSoCal
lvl.1
United States

So it happens occassionally but when I turn the motors on start up, it will spool up to a higher RPM than the usual ~2000RPM. Not enough necessarily to make it fly away, but enough to want to hop a little on the ground. I have to usually force it down, restart the aircraft, and it works fine. All firmware is up to date and it has done this through a few different updates. Has anyone had this issue as well?
2020-11-9
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sounds like you have a fault with the ESC's. Have you changed the props recently?
2020-11-9
Use props
UAVSoCal
lvl.1
United States

A J Posted at 11-9 09:16
Sounds like you have a fault with the ESC's. Have you changed the props recently?

Not since it started doing this. All of my props are DJI low noise props
2020-11-9
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

UAVSoCal Posted at 11-9 14:58
Not since it started doing this. All of my props are DJI low noise props

As in have you recently replaced the props with new DJI props?
2020-11-9
Use props
UAVSoCal
lvl.1
United States

A J Posted at 11-9 15:20
As in have you recently replaced the props with new DJI props?

I can’t narrow it down that much. Yes this issue didn’t happen on the older props but it’s been about 6 months. I usually swap out props every 6 months as preventative maintenance.
2020-11-9
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

UAVSoCal Posted at 11-9 15:23
I can’t narrow it down that much. Yes this issue didn’t happen on the older props but it’s been about 6 months. I usually swap out props every 6 months as preventative maintenance.

Scrap that then, unfortunately. Now it sounds even more like a fault with the ESC's.
2020-11-9
Use props
UAVSoCal
lvl.1
United States

A J Posted at 11-9 15:25
Scrap that then, unfortunately. Now it sounds even more like a fault with the ESC's.

Pardon my ignorance but what is an ESC , what does it do? Where is located? Can it be replaced or does it need to go back to DJI?
2020-11-9
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

UAVSoCal Posted at 11-9 18:35
Pardon my ignorance but what is an ESC , what does it do? Where is located? Can it be replaced or does it need to go back to DJI?

Electronic speed controllers - they control the movement/speed of the brushless motors. If it is that the drone will need to go back to DJI.
2020-11-10
Use props
UAVSoCal
lvl.1
United States

A J Posted at 11-10 00:50
Electronic speed controllers - they control the movement/speed of the brushless motors. If it is that the drone will need to go back to DJI.

Got it thanks.
2020-11-10
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You're welcome
2020-11-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there UAVSoCal. I am sorry to read and to know that you are having issues with your DJI Mavic 2 Pro. Since this unfortunate event happening on the said DJI drone I would recommend you to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. We have a professional team that will do there best to check the said drone and will give out the best resolution for this issue.  Just a reminder that  DJI do not recommend doing a DIY in fixing the said DJI drone to avoid further damaging the said unit. Again I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for your understanding.
2020-11-17
Use props
UAVSoCal
lvl.1
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-17 20:57
Hello there UAVSoCal. I am sorry to read and to know that you are having issues with your DJI Mavic 2 Pro. Since this unfortunate event happening on the said DJI drone I would recommend you to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. We have a professional team that will do there best to check the said drone and will give out the best resolution for this issue.  Just a reminder that  DJI do not recommend doing a DIY in fixing the said DJI drone to avoid further damaging the said unit. Again I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for your understanding.

Ok thank you
2020-11-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there UAVSoCal. You are very much welcome and thank you for the reply. If you have any other inquiries or concerns with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help and support you.
2020-11-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules