31739 138 2020-11-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Geeforce
lvl.2
Flight distance : 30128 ft
Netherlands

OverCombination Posted at 1-22 18:12
The issue occurred for me on 1.2.1 and 1.2.2. Just take the drone in your backyard, fly 1-2 metres off the ground taking photos and swapping to video etc. The app will crash.

Did that in my previous flights, but no black screen.

I will try to reproduce taking more photos and videos and switch several times between it.
2021-1-23
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

videoeditman Posted at 1-15 16:15
Most of the original posters are non US, Samsung has been known to use different processors for different countries. This could be a possible cause, has the new App version fixed anyone's problems?

Am using an Asian S20fe with fly 1.2.2, latest firmware on the mini2, no problem at all. App is stable on my Samsung.
2021-1-23
Use props
videoeditman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

JohnDG Posted at 1-23 21:36
Am using an Asian S20fe with fly 1.2.2, latest firmware on the mini2, no problem at all. App is stable on my Samsung.

Glad to hear it, hopefully others are running well also!
2021-1-24
Use props
Geeforce
lvl.2
Netherlands

Went out to fly today. First in my garden. Switched several times, fast en slow between photo/video. Made photo's. about 7 somewhat fast after each other.
Turned off the drone after 10 minutes. Went to an other place, again some photo's and video all without a black screen.  Oh 1.2.1 btw.

Although I am happy with this, I am thinking to buy a iPad mini 5......

2021-1-24
Use props
fansdd190fdf
lvl.2
Flight distance : 858993 ft
United Kingdom

JohnDG Posted at 1-23 21:36
Am using an Asian S20fe with fly 1.2.2, latest firmware on the mini2, no problem at all. App is stable on my Samsung.

That model uses the snapdragon processor. At the moment the problem seems tied to the samsungs own eyxnos chips
2021-1-24
Use props
Karstkeiler
lvl.1
Flight distance : 366873 ft
Italy

I did not have this problem during the last 2 months but today it happened. I do have a s9+ and never had an issue so far. In my case it was a bit different from the experiences I've read here: the black screen happened when I started the drone. I took off, tried to take some photo and could see the pics correctly saved. tried few things but I could not fix it while the drone was flying. I landed it, turned it off and on again and the screen worked. I never re-start the phone, the app or the RC.  
2021-1-24
Use props
djiuser_hJmrJuQGB6Sn
lvl.3
Flight distance : 110184 ft
United Kingdom

I've got the Mini 2 with the latest software and firmware and 1st time I go around 1 mile I lost signal and the screen went black and would not recover.

I kept closing the app and reopening it reconnected to drone but the screen was still black!

This is on Android 11 on a One Plus 8 Pro

DJI are you aware of this issue?

Quite a scary experience!
2021-1-25
Use props
djiuser_hJmrJuQGB6Sn
lvl.3
United Kingdom

fansdd190fdf Posted at 1-24 09:26
That model uses the snapdragon processor. At the moment the problem seems tied to the samsungs own eyxnos chips

That's not true I'm using a One Plus 8 Pro Qualcomm and I'm getting black screens when it loses signal even after repeatedly closing and reopening the app it's still a black screen.
2021-1-25
Use props
OverCombination
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19298 ft
Australia

DJI simply do not care about this issue. They got their drone to market in time for Christmas and made their money.
2021-1-25
Use props
Arminius
lvl.2
Flight distance : 466752 ft
Chile

Entry-level model Samsung S20 Ultra costs 1,349 euros, we are the customers who might have bought more from DJI. But if I don't get support I will change the quadrocopter provider. I will wait another 14 days after that, I will not buy any more DJI products. A feedback that they work on our problem would be a necessary overdue, also a little start with support. I think the mission is accomplished, they have our money, - not a good feeling.
2021-1-25
Use props
JohnLietzke
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3125968 ft
United States

A new version of the DJI Fly app v 1.2.4 for Android was just released.  I still has to be manually installed.  Here is the link https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly.
2021-1-25
Use props
Mirek CZ
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3529747 ft
Italy

I also have S9 + and I didn't have a problem from 1.2.1 or 1.2.2 always without a problem.
There is a new version of the application 1.2.4 on the DJI website, try to see if the problems have stopped.

2021-1-25
Use props
Arminius
lvl.2
Chile

Test done in the living room, everything ok and no more problems with Samsung S20 Ultra (Exynos) Android Fly app V 1.2.4 .  
This little test with the old version would not have been possible, the difference is noticeable. At the weekend I will go fly, i am almost certain that everything is okay
2021-1-25
Use props
videoeditman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

Arminius Posted at 1-25 12:37
Test done in the living room, everything ok and no more problems with Samsung S20 Ultra (Exynos) Android Fly app V 1.2.4 .  
This little test with the old version would not have been possible, the difference is noticeable. At the weekend I will go fly, i am almost certain that everything is okay

That is great to hear!
2021-1-25
Use props
Geeforce
lvl.2
Netherlands

Arminius Posted at 1-25 12:37

Cool. please keep us informed indeed.
2021-1-26
Use props
Skynet5
lvl.3
Flight distance : 20253 ft
United Kingdom

OverCombination Posted at 1-22 18:12
The issue occurred for me on 1.2.1 and 1.2.2. Just take the drone in your backyard, fly 1-2 metres off the ground taking photos and swapping to video etc. The app will crash.

It may crash. Hasn't happened to me yet.
2021-1-26
Use props
Arminius
lvl.2
Chile

3x black screen, normal flight only video recording, i was happy too early
2021-1-26
Use props
Skynet5
lvl.3
Flight distance : 20253 ft
United Kingdom

Arminius Posted at 1-26 14:17
3x black screen, normal flight only video recording, i was happy too early

:-( I'm a little nervous to take mine further than I am comfortable seeing it at with all these issues.

Running a rooted 1+5.

2021-1-26
Use props
Arminius
lvl.2
Chile

until today i was able to reconnect the app without any major problems, it's just not nice and always a bad feeling
2021-1-26
Use props
Jackal78
lvl.1
Flight distance : 340240 ft
Sweden

I tested the new version 1.2.4 today. I had no black screens using 3 batteries. But the app crashed totally when I was halfway through battery no 3. But nu problems restarting the app. This is so much better than before, even with the app crash.  Before I had 2-3 black screens per battery. I am using Samsung Galaxy S20.
2021-1-27
Use props
Arminius
lvl.2
Chile

I bought a new SanDisk Extreme PRO microSD (A2, 3, V30) today, that's the last idea where the error can also be. Coming in 14 days so it is here in Chile ... will report ...
2021-1-27
Use props
djiuser_hJmrJuQGB6Sn
lvl.3
United Kingdom

So it is still not fixed?

If I lose signal again and it goes black the last time I could not recover the camera for multiple attempts of closing and reopening the app.

Is this software actually being tested by DJI or is it just thrown out there without testing.

It's easily repeatable and doesn't take long to test it out on Android at least.
2021-1-27
Use props
OverCombination
lvl.2
Australia

djiuser_hJmrJuQGB6Sn Posted at 1-27 23:43
So it is still not fixed?

If I lose signal again and it goes black the last time I could not recover the camera for multiple attempts of closing and reopening the app.

When I contacted support they said it was a known issue and an app update has fixed it. This was three versions of the app ago. They blamed the phone, not their app.

Tried to say my phone isn't supported. When asked about why all these other phones were reporting the same issue they said that's all fixed.

It's clearly not fixed. DJI clearly don't care and haven't responded at all on here.

There seems to be so many issues on this forum for the Mini 2, and DJI are eerily quiet on most of them.

They haven't explained why we now need to sideload app updates instead of them being in the Play Store. This is certainly not the way we should be given app updates.

DJI have their head in the sand. They've made their money rushing their drone to market in time for Christmas.
2021-1-29
Use props
BaliSkies
lvl.3

Australia

OverCombination Posted at 1-29 06:27
When I contacted support they said it was a known issue and an app update has fixed it. This was three versions of the app ago. They blamed the phone, not their app.

Tried to say my phone isn't supported. When asked about why all these other phones were reporting the same issue they said that's all fixed.

I use a Pixel 3a and I have never had any issue getting this black screen, so this leads me to think it is to do with your phone why you are having this problem. Maybe just unlucky, but any case, DJI support have been great for me and I suggest you start a ticket with them and send your drone in for analysis to investigate your problem.
2021-1-29
Use props
OverCombination
lvl.2
United States

BaliSkies Posted at 1-29 12:53
I use a Pixel 3a and I have never had any issue getting this black screen, so this leads me to think it is to do with your phone why you are having this problem. Maybe just unlucky, but any case, DJI support have been great for me and I suggest you start a ticket with them and send your drone in for analysis to investigate your problem.

Just because you aren't having the issue doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Look at the mounting list of phones here. All on the supported phones list.

It's not a drone problem, it's an app problem. The Drone flies perfectly, the app crashes.
I raised a ticket. None of their solutions (turn it on airplane mode, turn Bluetooth off, restart the phone, reinstall the app) worked.
2021-1-29
Use props
JohnnyKK
lvl.2

Australia

Same here dreaded black screen in flight

Samsung S20 Ultra         DJ Fly 1.2.2

Ok Thanks guys seen we have 1.2.4 for android
will down load and give it a go

2021-1-29
Use props
DennyKnip
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17877 ft
United States

I am new to DJI after successfully flying Hubsan Zino products.
Received the Mini 2 and was excited to get it a week ago. Upon connecting and updating firmware I too have a black screen problem from the get go.
Using a Samsung Galaxy S-6 and (now) running DJI Fly 1.2.4
Started with 1.2.1 and updated after online chat with DJI Support.
Okay, the app is black screen but the drone flies very well.
I can take pictures and video which will show up in the album and on the SD card, but not while I'm flying.
Amazon will not take the drone  back.
DJI Support is issuing a case number and information with packing list to return the drone package for a complete new one, without using my DJI Care account.
I am not in position to upgrade the phone.
It acts like a bad cable from remote to phone maybe.
I'll report back when I get the new Mini 2 package, hopefully this week.
Would DJI offer to replace the whole Fly More package knowing they have an application issue?
2021-1-31
Use props
Arminius
lvl.2
Chile

three video flights today with my old SDcard and only one black screen this was in the "return to home mode" i can live with that...the reconnection was no problem. I am almost convinced it is due to the SD cards. However it's a nice toy, it doesn't crash and it does what it's supposed to do. i am actually very happy and would buy it again even after a crash, for example Black screen. But I gained a little more confidence today, I'm sure that nothing will happen like a crash or an impossible return to home. Which memory cards do you use?
2021-1-31
Use props
DennyKnip
lvl.1
United States

Arminius Posted at 1-31 10:06
three video flights today with my old SDcard and only one black screen this was in the "return to home mode" i can live with that...the reconnection was no problem. I am almost convinced it is due to the SD cards. However it's a nice toy, it doesn't crash and it does what it's supposed to do. i am actually very happy and would buy it again even after a crash, for example Black screen. But I gained a little more confidence today, I'm sure that nothing will happen like a crash or an impossible return to home. Which memory cards do you use?

I'm trying a SanDisk Ultra Plus, V10, 64G...
2021-1-31
Use props
MeerPrat
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2300069 ft
Netherlands

Same here, this is NOT good. This has happened to me a every time I fly. Last time it happened twice.

When it happens I wait for the application to restart and then "Connect" back to the drone.

> S10 EU model (so eyxnos processor)
> Android 11
> FlyApp 1.2.4
> Firmware latest

Has anyone opened a support case on this issue?
2021-1-31
Use props
DennyKnip
lvl.1
United States

MeerPrat Posted at 1-31 10:47
Same here, this is NOT good. This has happened to me a every time I fly. Last time it happened twice.

When it happens I wait for the application to restart and then "Connect" back to the drone.

I did as I had no video at all out of the box. The drone flies well and does put pictures and video into the album and the SD card. Black screen on the phone all the time.
They are sending me return documentation and replacing the drone fly more package with no detriment to my insurance.
We'll see.
2021-1-31
Use props
DennyKnip
lvl.1
United States

DennyKnip Posted at 1-31 11:13
I did as I had no video at all out of the box. The drone flies well and does put pictures and video into the album and the SD card. Black screen on the phone all the time.
They are sending me return documentation and replacing the drone fly more package with no detriment to my insurance.
We'll see.

Okay, I have had success.
I did two things.
I uninstalled the app 1.2.4 and reinstalled.
I updated the Samsung Galaxy S-6 and it took it to Android 7.
Started everything up and I now have video from the drone. Flew it around for a few minutes and it is sweet ! ! !
2021-1-31
Use props
BaliSkies
lvl.3

Australia

DennyKnip Posted at 1-31 12:15
Okay, I have had success.
I did two things.
I uninstalled the app 1.2.4 and reinstalled.

Wait, what, "you took it to Android 7"??? Are you saying you have been trying to fly it on Android 6??!! Please say you are not still on Android 6, is that even possible?!
2021-1-31
Use props
Arminius
lvl.2
Chile

DennyKnip Posted at 1-31 10:35
I'm trying a SanDisk Ultra Plus, V10, 64G...

i have the same SanDisk Ultra, it's a very slow one. The  A1,  Class 10 video speed is too slow for many of today’s 4K cameras . Is there someone with A2, 3 , V30 and black screen?
2021-1-31
Use props
DennyKnip
lvl.1
United States

BaliSkies Posted at 1-31 13:42
Wait, what, "you took it to Android 7"??? Are you saying you have been trying to fly it on Android 6??!! Please say you are not still on Android 6, is that even possible?!

Yes, I was on Android 6.0.1 with a Galaxy S-6.
And if you look in the specs, 6.0 is minimum required.
2021-1-31
Use props
BaliSkies
lvl.3

Australia

DennyKnip Posted at 1-31 17:12
Yes, I was on Android 6.0.1 with a Galaxy S-6.
And if you look in the specs, 6.0 is minimum required.

That might be the case, but you really should be on Android 9 at the very least. You can't expect to upgrade operating firmware of your drone and expect it to function correctly whilst your mobile device is stuck in the 1980's on Android 6. I think it is time you upgrade your phone while you are at it.
2021-1-31
Use props
djiuser_hJmrJuQGB6Sn
lvl.3
United Kingdom

I will be going out today with my Mini 2 and my One Plus 8 Pro so we shall see if it has been fixed or not with 1.24.

Also this "It's not on the supported list of phones nonsense from DJI"

You have Android support on the box, You chose to support Android so support and test it properly.

It's nothing to do with the phones these are normal everyday phones it's the crappy app not been tested properly on Android.

I cannot believe people even mention it's your phone, Android is an open source OS and there is quite clearly a multitude of different phones this is happening on including the so called "Supported List"

2021-2-1
Use props
djiuser_UbEubWHMVUYz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 646788 ft
Netherlands

Is this issue fixed or still happening also in 1.2.4?
2021-2-2
Use props
djiuser_UbEubWHMVUYz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 646788 ft
Netherlands

I am and also a lot of other peoples are waiting to buy mini2 when thuis bug is fixed
2021-2-2
Use props
Arminius
lvl.2
Chile

djiuser_UbEubWHMVUYz Posted at 2-2 13:21
Is this issue fixed or still happening also in 1.2.4?

yes, but it can also be because of a slow A1 microSD that many use
2021-2-2
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules