2021-2-2
Use props
Arminius
lvl.2
Flight distance : 466752 ft
Chile

djiuser_UbEubWHMVUYz Posted at 2-2 14:15
I don't think so, i see s10 s20 etcetera, these are high end smartphones

it  doesn't matter, if the card can't record fast enough, i have an A1 microSD and  S20 Ultra. On February 12, 2021 the new microSD will arrive then we know. Or someone with an A2 card reports a black screen  then we also know
2021-2-2
Use props
Skynet5
lvl.3
Flight distance : 20253 ft
United Kingdom

djiuser_UbEubWHMVUYz Posted at 2-2 13:27
I am and also a lot of other peoples are waiting to buy mini2 when thuis bug is fixed

How odd. It isn't that wide spread.
2021-2-2
Use props
Skynet5
lvl.3
Flight distance : 20253 ft
United Kingdom

Arminius Posted at 2-2 14:12
yes, but it can also be because of a slow A1 microSD that many use

Yes. Many people are completely unaware of such things. And don't read the manual or look at the 'others also bought' on Amazon.
2021-2-2
Use props
Arminius
lvl.2
Chile

djiuser_UbEubWHMVUYz Posted at 2-2 13:27
I am and also a lot of other peoples are waiting to buy mini2 when thuis bug is fixed

They then miss a lot of fun, the Mini 2 can do something

2021-2-2
Use props
fansdd190fdf
lvl.2
Flight distance : 858993 ft
United Kingdom

Arminius Posted at 2-2 14:12
yes, but it can also be because of a slow A1 microSD that many use

Nothing to do with sd card as you can emulate error without an sd even in drone. This can also be emulated in just photo mode with an A3 class  exreme ultra , exteme and extreme pro. In all cases sd card was tried in native format then formatted in drone if it showed black screen again. This also goes for phones as well, I have tried 6 different devices and only one that has not shown the error is an old galaxy tab s2 8 inch tablet. The only device which has a snapdragon chipset over an apple or a exynox chipset. I was able to fly with no error on an apple iphone 6s with no error. However apple iphone 7 had same error and went black screen. So although mainly android samsung phones are the most  badly having problems the iphone also had problem.
2021-2-3
Use props
djiuser_UbEubWHMVUYz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 646788 ft
Netherlands

It also happening on ios, and iPhones do not have an sd card.

See the new video.

https://youtu.be/BpwG_d2dIGQ
2021-2-3
Use props
Arminius
lvl.2
Chile

fansdd190fdf Posted at 2-3 11:58
Nothing to do with sd card as you can emulate error without an sd even in drone. This can also be emulated in just photo mode with an A3 class  exreme ultra , exteme and extreme pro. In all cases sd card was tried in native format then formatted in drone if it showed black screen again. This also goes for phones as well, I have tried 6 different devices and only one that has not shown the error is an old galaxy tab s2 8 inch tablet. The only device which has a snapdragon chipset over an apple or a exynox chipset. I was able to fly with no error on an apple iphone 6s with no error. However apple iphone 7 had same error and went black screen. So although mainly android samsung phones are the most  badly having problems the iphone also had problem.

My last hope has died. And DJI is doing nothing to fix this error a little faster
2021-2-4
Use props
djiuser_UbEubWHMVUYz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 646788 ft
Netherlands

Arminius Posted at 2-4 07:33
My last hope has died. And DJI is doing nothing to fix this error a little faster

Why does't dji post a general post that this issue is under investigation.

That will give the users hope.

I am still waiting with buying till this issue is fixed.

I am now drone less and that is irritating
2021-2-4
Use props
OverCombination
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19298 ft
Australia

djiuser_UbEubWHMVUYz Posted at 2-4 11:04

Because they don't care. They've made their money.
2021-2-5
Use props
marc70
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4762470 ft
Canada

I got my first black screen today. Samsung  A520 phone, DJI Fly version 1.2.4
103 flights, 6.9 hrs flying.
To be fair, I was sitting in my vehicle ( too cold on fingers outside).  I stepped out, didn't do much then all of a sudden I got my screen back. Was cold and really windy.
Hopefully this won't happen again, or not too often.
Hopefully there's going to be a fix. Love this drone, years ahead of my Phantom P330.
2021-2-7
Use props
BaliSkies
lvl.3

Australia

marc70 Posted at 2-7 15:26
I got my first black screen today. Samsung  A520 phone, DJI Fly version 1.2.4
103 flights, 6.9 hrs flying.
To be fair, I was sitting in my vehicle ( too cold on fingers outside).  I stepped out, didn't do much then all of a sudden I got my screen back. Was cold and really windy.

You might want to update to 1.2.5 as is more stable and less bugs.
2021-2-7
Use props
marc70
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4762470 ft
Canada

How do i get 1.2.5? Ive got auto dowload on, checked dji wesite dowloads, not there.
2021-2-7
Use props
ozoffi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 55128 ft
Austria

DJI Fly APP 1.2.5 is only available for iOS. For Android there is currently only 1.2.4 and only on the website as APK!I use an LG G7 ThinQ without any problems (not on the list of recommended devices)!
However, I have deactivated the cache for video and photo and only record on an SD card in the drone (V30).

2021-2-7
Use props
DennyKnip
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17877 ft
United States

BaliSkies Posted at 1-31 19:29
That might be the case, but you really should be on Android 9 at the very least. You can't expect to upgrade operating firmware of your drone and expect it to function correctly whilst your mobile device is stuck in the 1980's on Android 6. I think it is time you upgrade your phone while you are at it.

Nope. Got it up to Android 7 and it works perfectly.
And thanks for the concern about my phone...
2021-2-8
Use props
BaliSkies
lvl.3

Australia

marc70 Posted at 2-7 23:48
How do i get 1.2.5? Ive got auto dowload on, checked dji wesite dowloads, not there.

Must download the Android version from the DJI download centre. You can also now receive updates notifications directly in the DJI Fly app before you fly. Just brilliant DJI, love it
2021-2-8
Use props
djiuser_zowwj7gaPPOs
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Happened to me yesterday and I've only just had app updated. Was shooting video and screen blacked out. I'm a new owner so this was scary. Had it set to RTH if contact lost but it didn't. Eventually got eye contact and brought it back manually.
2021-2-10
Use props
BaliSkies
lvl.3

Australia

djiuser_zowwj7gaPPOs Posted at 2-10 02:54
Happened to me yesterday and I've only just had app updated. Was shooting video and screen blacked out. I'm a new owner so this was scary. Had it set to RTH if contact lost but it didn't. Eventually got eye contact and brought it back manually.

That does not sound good at all.
2021-2-10
Use props
MeerPrat
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2300069 ft
Netherlands

Every time I have been flying since upgrading to 1.2.4 I have been having black screens with the app resetting back to the main screen to "Connect" back to the drone. Luckily I am able to reconnect back to drone and resume my flying but this is really bad. I am contemplating downgrading the firmware.
2021-2-11
Use props
Arminius
lvl.2
Chile

are there any news or improvements with the new software?
(I haven't had time to test it with the S20 Ultra)
2021-3-3
Use props
Arminius
lvl.2
Chile

I flew 3 times no more problems, all OK
2021-3-5
Use props
Live My Journey
Second Officer
Flight distance : 178806 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I'm having the same exact problem on Note 9 from app version 1.2.2 upwards. I get the black scree during each and every flight. Sometimes more then once. This has been going one for months and it's not even been acknowledged yet. This needs to be fixed ASAP. DJI pull your finger for crying out loud!
2021-3-8
Use props
jweaver
lvl.4
Flight distance : 47664 ft
United Kingdom

djiuser_zowwj7gaPPOs Posted at 2-10 02:54
Had it set to RTH if contact lost but it didn't. Eventually got eye contact and brought it back manually.

This problem wouldn't force an RTH. The app is crasking, but the Mini2 and controller are still "syncd".

A long press of the RTH button should do it...
2021-3-8
Use props
JFA2k
New
Flight distance : 23323 ft
Germany

I had the blackscreen problem during my last two flights. It was not such a big deal, because I could reopen the app and start the fly mode imideately again. It was kind of scary though.

My phone: Samsung Galaxy S10 (EU)
SD Card: SanDisk Extreme 128 GB A2 V30
App Version: 1.2.1
Android 11

If I don't switch (fast) between picture and video mode it seems like the app does not crash at all.
2021-3-9
Use props
djiuser_SQOJ3xiSHAhS
lvl.1
Flight distance : 16076 ft
United States

Hello again everyone
After a few times of try and error finally found the reason
Just turn catch off in setting
Videos preview won't be saved on your phone anymore but at least black screen issue will be solved
Hope it helps
2021-4-8
Use props
djiuser_eK3o1RNLwFzK
New
Flight distance : 166388 ft
Italy

Have the same issue with Samsung A70. First time drone was quite far 800mt so I supposed that was the cause but today happened again with drone very near to me let's say 80mt. Fist time I was very scared as it happened where I can't see it and fly it back, hope then when this happens the drone after a while turn back home without having to input it from the controller. Today I simply reopened the app and easily landed. Just updated firmware and battery (?) firmware
2021-4-24
Use props
djiuser_gChYf4bPQdL4
New

Dominican Republic

Renton Posted at 2020-12-15 06:33
Same here with S20 Ultra

Same problem with s21 ultra
2021-5-1
Use props
TatoMorales
lvl.1
Flight distance : 811266 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have the same problem with my mavic mini and Galaxy S21 Ultra, I used before the S10 without any issues. US.
#DJI please say something.
2021-5-1
Use props
djiuser_OTYvDZ7Aco36
lvl.1

United States

djiuser_UbEubWHMVUYz Posted at 2-4 11:04

I just had it happened twice during the flight of a brand new mini 2.

The screen went blank, and after a couple of seconds the home screen shows up with the "go fly" button. After pressing it, the screen reconnected.

Video kept recording. Controller was operational.

I'm going to look into accessing the flight logs (don't know how to do it yet) but more importantly, i think I'll capture a bug report on my phone next time it happens, to see if the app has crashed.

My phone was in the airplane mode.

Somebody suggested disabling auto sync of videos and photos - any other settings i could try to mitigate this issue?

I should mention that the drone was maybe 30 meters away from me, no obstacles between me and the drone.
2021-5-2
Use props
djiuser_OTYvDZ7Aco36
lvl.1

United States

djiuser_OTYvDZ7Aco36 Posted at 5-2 09:13
I just had it happened twice during the flight of a brand new mini 2.

The screen went blank, and after a couple of seconds the home screen shows up with the "go fly" button. After pressing it, the screen reconnected.

This seems to one of the root causes of the blank screen I had today. I wonder if DJI folks are reading this forum, I'll open a support ticket.

DJI Fly 1.4.0

05-03 08:39:31.181 java.lang.IllegalStateException

(I can't paste the remaining of the error because the forum doesn't allow me to publish it -- but the crash seems to be caused by the bug in the DJI app)
2021-5-3
Use props
Sun Simon
New

Canada

same with my mini2, use oppo reno2.  with seconds black screen then screen go back. happen many times
2021-5-4
Use props
SergioIzi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1793609 ft
Brazil

Huginn Kenningar Posted at 1-2 09:44
It seems to happen when the app tries to record files in the internal memory/SD card, when switching between photo and video modes, start/stop recording and simmilar.

On my Moto G8 having the SD card configured to "external" instead of "internal" memory would solve the app crashing for most of the time. Seems that Dji fly has less trouble saving files in the internal memory of the phone than in the SD.

Hi guys, I'm having the same problem, the DJI GO 4 crashes when I'm going to switch from video to photo mode. I have a Mavic 2 Zomm and use the DJI Smart Controller. All of this started to happen after updating the firmware of the smart controller.
2021-5-7
Use props
OverCombination
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19298 ft
Australia

It's been such a long, long time and DJI still haven't acknowledged this. Won't be rushing back out to buy a DJI product.
2021-5-20
Use props
netmare
lvl.1

United States

My first post, and DJI, you're sucking some real tasty balls here, man. I haven't "played" with my Mini 1 since putting it up for the winter (US). Upgraded from an S10+ to an S21+ (Samsungs) in the interim. Now I too have the black screen of poor-programming-death.

My TL;DR solution/testbed? Dronelink. I don't care if it's taboo (haven't looked - as in 'really, really don't care), but it works! So all other things being equal, it's freaking DJI's issue.

Hey, $10 is a sight cheaper than 'buy an old iphone'...

DJI, fix your shiz.

cg
2021-5-20
Use props
djiuser_vQnYYnRjP2Vb
New
Flight distance : 58301 ft
Georgia

I have same problem after updates. I have Mini 2 and updated dji fly app on Redmi note 10. It lose video signal very easy on 100-300 meter distance and appear black screen when capturing video. I think something is wrong with video signal transfer in updated software and hope, that dji team will correct it soon.
Yesterday i was flying on a different locations, at radio signals maximally free zones, far away from any village and city and black screen appeared some times. It's easy to lose drone, when you cannot see it and app is not working...
Before update everything was O.K.
2021-6-19
Use props
D.K.777
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9810 ft
Ukraine

Sometimes i have the same issue. I use DJI Fly v 1.3.0, Android 8 and my Xperia XZ1. DJI Team, please look closer at this problem. Thanks. Regards.
2021-6-19
Use props
ERC
lvl.3
Flight distance : 608629 ft
United Kingdom

I also had this issue yesterday many times, brand new mini 2 and using a S10 with the latest firmware.
2021-6-27
Use props
djiuser_rH3ZPAMJE4A9
lvl.4
Flight distance : 77398 ft
Spain

The same here.... Redmi note 8 and in casual times, blank screen....
2021-6-27
Use props
djiuser_2B0BhMXRTBMg
lvl.1
Flight distance : 297064 ft

France

Hi all, I'm using OPPO A9 2020, last firmware for DJI MINI 2, last DJI FLY version 1.4.8 I also have this problem, sometimes. I will try to restart my phone. And hopefully RTK is working !

Regards
2021-7-6
Use props
Flyer 007
lvl.1
Flight distance : 147913 ft
Spain

Same here. Bought the MINI 2 2 days ago. Had the Pro many years so experienced. First 2 tries on the ocean from my boat, so surely NO obstacles, after 300 meter my screen went black ...TWICE...so reading online this is a MAJOR issue the mini 2 has and NOT a single incidence, so DJI get this fixed and send updates and don't tingle everyone to Customercare for time. It seems too many have that problem, so its a design issue. Ill see what happens in the next few days, otherwise it goes back to Amazon with the appropriate feedback. Very disappointing indeed Ralf
2021-7-6
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules