DJI Mini 2 black screen
31704 138 2020-11-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_iPJh0xm2n6VZ
New
Flight distance : 25243 ft
Greece

Bought my mini 2 a week ago. Currently two hours flight in total and two black screen issues occurred.  Scared me to death!!!
2021-8-8
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I do not have this issue so far, Tab S2 9.7" and Note 20 Ultra 5G, only U3 cards, latest app and firmware, flown about 40 times with this mini 2 now.

I am very disappointed in DJI's lack of respect for its customer base, at the very least DJI should be keeping them updated as to the progress in rectifying
this issue, you've been given the reason for the app crash at least once in this thread and it clearly is an app crash, so if at least one of your customers canfind it then i am very sure your software engineers would have no trouble finding it.

So why, oh why, it is taking many months for your customers to get a resolution for this issue on the many hundreds of pounds worth of your product.

2021-8-8
Use props
Yaros1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 19981112 ft
Spain

I am using mavic air 2 and had this black screen issue for at least 5 times in my 15 flights! 3 times of those restarting the app fixed the issue, but not always. I hate it because not only I waste battery for nothing also it can be dangerous in some situations. I'm running dji fly 1.4.8 and issue still happens on my Samsung a50 while my friends are flying with google pixels and xiaomi redmi phones and have no issues at all! This has to be fixed, also I noticed video slowdowns!

After struggling for quite some time I noticed that switching the phone into airplane mode helps most of the time, at least worked for me for now!
2021-8-21
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I dont have this issue so i cant test and I ain't read all the way through, but when the black screen occurs, have you tried, pulling the cable then back in again? that helped when the p4p and go4 was having issues
2021-8-21
Use props
MissHobart
New

United States

Using the DJI Fly app on my Pixel 3 on Android 11 worked like a charm. I recently upgraded to the Pixel 6 Pro on Android 12, and I downloaded the latest ADK for the fly app (version. 1.5.0). The display is black on the app but photos and video are being captured.  I know I CAN still fly it without the display, but flying blind is not OK for me. How would I be able to take photos and video if I can't see what the camera is pointed at? To work around this while DJI figures out how to support Android 12 users, I brought my Pixel 3 back into the mix. I connected it to my Pixel 6 Pro's hotspot so that I could leverage that phone's GPS as my Pixel 3 is no longer connected to mobile data. This set up seems to do the trick.
2021-11-6
Use props
Pinarek
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41191 ft

Germany

This problem does not only exist with Drone Hobby Accessories, but I know people who have partly scrapped the monitor
or only sent it in because the brightness was almost set to 0 and people thought the monitor was broken.
2021-11-6
Use props
djiuser_ymdEZP3X21pz
New
United States

Fly app doesn't load on my pixel 6. Works great on my old phone. I deleted fly app to reload and now I can't find it in the store. Frustrating.
2021-11-9
Use props
Bill P
New

United States

For what it's worth, my Pixel 6 was never able to see the camera.  I removed the sim from my old Pixel 2 XL and it works perfectly.  Just another compatibility issue for DJI to work on.
2021-11-17
Use props
Popeye1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 511722 ft

United Kingdom

fans8caf620b Posted at 1-2 09:59
Are these SAMSUNG devices on Dji official list of ok devices for the mini 2?  I have some 3rd party lists, but can't find the Dji list that I have seen before.

2021-11-17
Use props
DaKidd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 860184 ft
United States

I to have just recently had the dreaded  black screen happen to me.  Was taking pictures, a first, and taking video also. Back and forth doing both, have over 100 flights before this with no proublems like this, scared me also, and going back to 1.4.8 (1150) as I thought the 1.5.0 version was the cause. Maybe should stick to doing just videos as before. Samsung Galaxy S6 Lite, airplane mode and do not disturb turn on, MINI 2 of coarse. Have it just for flying and no extra apps are loaded. Latest upgrade on the tablet also at  Android . Dont like at being allmost 400 feet in the air and have this happen.
2021-11-17
Use props
djiuser_I0YiIf42yodn
New

United States

Still no support?!! I was using a pixel 5 just upgraded to a pixel 6 now my Mini 2 has a black screen on the app but pictures and videos are still in album. Any sort of feed back from dji?
2021-11-26
Use props
djiuser_I0YiIf42yodn
New

United States

Still no support?!! I was using a pixel 5 just upgraded to a pixel 6 now my Mini 2 has a black screen on the app but pictures and videos are still in album. Any sort of feed back from dji?
2021-11-26
Use props
fansdd190fdf
lvl.2
Flight distance : 858993 ft
United Kingdom

djiuser_I0YiIf42yodn Posted at 11-26 17:04
Still no support?!! I was using a pixel 5 just upgraded to a pixel 6 now my Mini 2 has a black screen on the app but pictures and videos are still in album. Any sort of feed back from dji?

Nope still no reply or support despite this ongoing problem.
2021-11-26
Use props
MCenteno
lvl.2
Portugal

I have bought my mini 2 a few days ago. I have a Samsung S21 Ultra 5G.

First try at home worked fine, after update itself i started to get black screeen on live feed (only, because i still could record and take photos without knowing where i was shooting, but it worked fine) and the app after first use, start to crash. To use it i have do delete and install again.
Read along this forum to update the app by downloading the last app available, so i did it.
Live feed come back to work but still have the app crash everytime after first use.

I have contated chat support today and they know about this issue with Samsung S21.
At least, i can see where i'm going right now... Waiting for a full resolution of it!
2021-11-30
Use props
djiuser_6A30pANex7s0
New

Portugal

MissHobart Posted at 11-6 09:53
Using the DJI Fly app on my Pixel 3 on Android 11 worked like a charm. I recently upgraded to the Pixel 6 Pro on Android 12, and I downloaded the latest ADK for the fly app (version. 1.5.0). The display is black on the app but photos and video are being captured.  I know I CAN still fly it without the display, but flying blind is not OK for me. How would I be able to take photos and video if I can't see what the camera is pointed at? To work around this while DJI figures out how to support Android 12 users, I brought my Pixel 3 back into the mix. I connected it to my Pixel 6 Pro's hotspot so that I could leverage that phone's GPS as my Pixel 3 is no longer connected to mobile data. This set up seems to do the trick.

Exact same problem with me. With galaxy s21 plus
2021-12-5
Use props
MSilver
lvl.1
United States

Try this: Go to the Camera Settings and toggle the Overexposure Warning to ON.
2022-4-24
Use props
NewToy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3395469 ft
United States

Try a different cable.dJI includes junk cables with the package.
2022-4-24
Use props
Tjoolaard
New
Flight distance : 13907 ft
Belgium

The app no longer crashes now, but I still have the black screen when flying. Any solutions? (Samsung S21 ultra)
2022-5-22
Use props
Bob-Mini-2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

Arminius Posted at 2021-1-15 11:11
I see a small improvement after two tests, it can also be my imagination, I am still testing:

1. No JEPEG + RAW photos only JPEG

I am going to try turning off the "AutoSync HD" as you suggest, perhaps it will help my similar problem?  I am using Smart Controller, and sometimes the screen will get very dark, but if you look at it carefully, you can still faintly see the cameras picture, so it is still active.  So far, it has only happened while the Mini2 is linked to controller but on the ground, as I am looking at photos/videos.  Craft and controller have latest programs.  It never did this before updated to latest DJI Fly.
2022-5-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules