Trouble charging a brand new received battery.
383 12 2020-11-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mr.LeTOF
lvl.1
Flight distance : 29596 ft
France

Trouble with a brand new received battery.

I’ve received a bran new battery (official DJI ) for my mavic pro.

When I unboxed it, I press once the button: two green leds lit up, one of which was flashing .

I decided to plug the battery to the charger: no led lights up.

I unplugged, and put the charging hub in place, then put the same battery on the hub: no led lights up on the battery, the hub led turns red.

what went wrong ? what to do ?

Thanks for your help !

2020-11-9
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sounds like you have a dud battery out the box - probably new-old-stock - arrange to return it
2020-11-9
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

Power on the battery alone and then shut down. After that you ay try to charge the battery. It will not flash any LED for a half minute and then it´s chageing battery if  the battery is new.
2020-11-9
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Mr.LeTOF. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Can you please post a sample video showing the said issue for us to check and assist you further? Again I am sorry for the trouble and thank you.
2020-11-9
Use props
Mr.LeTOF
lvl.1
France

A J Posted at 11-9 11:17
Sounds like you have a dud battery out the box - probably new-old-stock - arrange to return it

That's what I think : stayed too lon in stock
2020-11-9
Use props
Mr.LeTOF
lvl.1
France

Peterx Posted at 11-9 15:16
Power on the battery alone and then shut down. After that you ay try to charge the battery. It will not flash any LED for a half minute and then it´s chageing battery if  the battery is new.

Well, I'm not sure I can power it on.
As for now, no led light up (plugged or not, short pression on the button or long)
2020-11-9
Use props
Mr.LeTOF
lvl.1
France

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-9 20:13
Hello there Mr.LeTOF. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Can you please post a sample video showing the said issue for us to check and assist you further? Again I am sorry for the trouble and thank you.

Thanks for the suggestion ... but ...
as i mentioned in a previous answer, no leds light up now. Whether the battery is on the charger or not, whether I press the button for a long time or briefly.

The leds would light up as described (2 including one blinking) as long as I hadn't connected the battery. since I plugged it in (and as soon as I plugged it in), nothing turns on.

I don't think a video could help you understand ...
2020-11-9
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mr.LeTOF Posted at 11-9 21:53
That's what I think : stayed too lon in stock

It does happen unfortunately
2020-11-10
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

You cam power the battery on without put it into the AC. Note do not power it on if it has bee connected to the charger. As you descripted the battery has a solid led and a flashing led the  battery is on 30-40% of charge. That should be enough for a test. In the time i got my MPP the battery had to be "wake up" and i did it as i descripted. And i could charge all three.
2020-11-10
Use props
dji_MODDER
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

put it in your mavic and start as normal, look what your app says, if you get a battery error, your battery is stuck, if not now charge it again.
2020-11-10
Use props
Will?
New

Australia

Are you starting the battery correctly? (One short press, followed by a long press)
Edit: I did just read that the red light on the charger turns on so it is most likely a dud battery)

Will
2020-11-10
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Flight distance : 10326581 ft
Canada

Peterx Posted at 11-9 15:16
Power on the battery alone and then shut down. After that you ay try to charge the battery. It will not flash any LED for a half minute and then it´s chageing battery if  the battery is new.

I am quite certain that's what is happening,  good advice Peterx
2020-11-10
Use props
Mr.LeTOF
lvl.1
France

Ok I'm ok to try this: "Turn on the battery alone, then turn it off." but how do I do that considering that no led lights up when I press the button?
rather the battery is connected or not to the charger or that I put it in my Mavic: no led lights up anymore ...

I think @Will? and @AJ are right: it is probably a bad battery.
I will contact the seller and try to get a substitution.

the sad part is that I baught that new battery because I've already had a trouble with one other.
That one still blink a led when I press (short) the button, but dont whant to get charged.
I'll explain the trouble I've got with that specific battery in another message
2020-11-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules