1226 7 2020-11-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Patek
lvl.2
Flight distance : 16342 ft
United States

Hello All,
I'm new to the forum so I'm not sure if I'm in the right place, but here we go.  

I'm trying to download the DJI Fly app on my phone which has an Android OS that is up to date, but when I do a search in the Play store I can't find the app.  Also, when I do the QR scan for the app in the manual , etc. the phone tells me that the app is not compatible with my phone.  I'm not having any trouble with my iPad, but I would like to be able to use my Droid phone.  Can anyone help me here?  How do I get the Fly app on my droid phone?

Thanks in advance,
Ken

2020-11-9
Use props
Cients
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5537369 ft
Portugal

You can download it from here https://www.dji.com/pt/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly
2020-11-9
Use props
Flaming
lvl.4
Flight distance : 250541 ft
Canada

If you don't see it it's because your phone is not 64 bits
2020-11-9
Use props
Flaming
lvl.4
Flight distance : 250541 ft
Canada

2020-11-9
Use props
K6CCC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 651683 ft
United States

What is the make and model of your phone?
2020-11-9
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

You won't see it because DJI has not approved it for their app. It may work but probably will not. You can always attempt to install it from the apk file. See post #2 above.
2020-11-9
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Ken. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. May we know what is the model of the mobile device you are using please? In addition, the mobile device needs to be 64-bit, otherwise the DJI Fly application is not compatible with the Android distribution and will not work. For reference I will post a link where in you can find the list of recommended mobile devices for the DJI Mavic Mini and for the DJI Fly application ( https://www.dji.com/mavic-mini/downloads ). Thank you.
2020-11-9
Use props
Patek
lvl.2
Flight distance : 16342 ft
United States

Hello All,

Thanks everyone for your replies.  I have an LG k20 plus and I believe it is only a 24 bit phone, so I guess that's my problem.  I'll have to use my iPad I guess, and I ordered a longer connection cable today so at least I'm not dead in the water.  I had no problem downloading the Fly App to it.   I'm thinking of buying a new iPhone, my wife has one and is all for it.  I'm no techie so I don't really understand "bits", but I know more is better.  Are all the newer iPhones 64 bit or better?   Thinking about the new Mini 12.  Would any of you know if it will work, i.e. is it 64 bit?  I guess I'll have to do a little digging myself.  Also, I might move this conversation over to the Fly App section of this forum.

Thanks Again,
Ken
2020-11-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules