Possibility of some new Firmware?
1311 25 2020-11-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DroneroGT
lvl.2
Flight distance : 401545 ft
Guatemala

The truth is I don't know why I'm making this post, it's more than obvious that DJI has already ended his life with the Mavic Mini 1, but I wanted to know what you think about it?

I know you will say that DJI already launched the SDK precisely because of that, but do you think we will receive some new photographic mode or did he simply abandon it?

2020-11-9
Use props
VanzPix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 229672 ft
France

Hi, they do not know how to fix the problem of the latest update, I'm not sure that anything is added in the future.
But who knows we might be surprised
2020-11-9
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there DroneroGT. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have posted. As of this time the DJI Mavic Mini is not listed as EOL. Rest assured that all DJI product that are still available on the DJI's official online store, DJI will continue to provide after-sales service and updates for it . Thank you for your understanding and support.
2020-11-9
Use props
JHa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 99797 ft
Czechia

They want to sell us Mini2, so we can't expect any new features for MavicMini. Bug fixes maybe, but... when was the last firmware update.
2020-11-9
Use props
djiuser_RIeSM3mAo5mf
lvl.4
Flight distance : 542083 ft
Spain

Dear Stephen, almost one year later without a Major or new simple features upgrade function like Boomerang, or panorama is not enough proof of EOL, DJI has so poor interest that they dont even release the Boomerang code function for the SDK so others like litchi can implement It , if they dont want to add, just release this code
2020-11-9
Use props
DroneroGT
lvl.2
Guatemala

With all due respect, I know that maybe DJI doesn't have any plans to improve the Mini anymore, as I know that active track will never come for obvious reasons of lack of sensors and the truth at the end is a function that is not even used.

But at least I would like them to incorporate some kind of improvement to the Mini, since its last firmware was in April, while the higher end drones are taking out upgrade firmware all the time, the Mini has only been given cosmetic improvements to the DJI Fly interface, and for all that the Mini 2 offers which are mostly software improvements they could put some, not all, at least the RAW would be very appreciated in the Mini 1 but I don't think DJI likes that idea, if I wanted to express this, since many people have bought the Mavic Mini and when they found out that the Mini 2 came out it was like a big frustration.

We are not asking to put everything from a Mavic Pro 2 in the Mini either, we understand the DJI market, but the Mini 1 was left in the dark, if you look at the comparison table, the Mini 1 is practically only a 3 axis gimball with 2 or 3 quickshots, while the Mini 2  gave it many new features that we all hoped would one day be put in the Mini 1.

We would appreciate it very much if you would put some new improvements on the Mavic Mini, if you read this it would be very much appreciated.
2020-11-9
Use props
VanzPix
Second Officer
France

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-9 21:04
Hello there DroneroGT. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have posted. As of this time the DJI Mavic Mini is not listed as EOL. Rest assured that all DJI product that are still available on the DJI's official online store, DJI will continue to provide after-sales service and updates for it . Thank you for your understanding and support.

It would be nice to fix the problem of the latest update of DJI Fly for the MM that reports: Interference with the signal...
2020-11-10
Use props
Ingo Sundowner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 914012 ft
United Kingdom

Just add a black strip on top of RC so I can actually see what it tells me? I'm not holding my breath
2020-11-10
Use props
ABeardedItalian
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1063107 ft
United States

Hello there DroneroGT. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have posted. As of this time the DJI Mavic Mini is not listed as EOL. Rest assured that all DJI product that are still available on the DJI's official online store, DJI will continue to provide after-sales service and updates for it . Thank you for your understanding and support.

So close Stephen, here I fixed it for you.

Hello there DroneroGT. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have posted. As of this time the DJI Mavic Mini is now listed as EOL. Rest assured that all other DJI products that are still available on the DJI's official online store, DJI will continue to provide after-sales service and updates for it . Thank you for your understanding and support.

In all seriousness, it's common when events like this happen the parent company throw the former a bone, so I still think we could get Raw as a final send off.
2020-11-10
Use props
mark117h
Second Officer
Flight distance : 241306 ft
United Kingdom

Personally myself, i don't care for having active track on the MM, what i would really love to see in one of the software/firmware updates is that the Mavic Mini has now got RAW support, that would be ideal if they could at least implement this, in all fairness though, they could update the firmware for the Mavic Mini to also be able to record and run 4K, they do have the exact same camera sensors after all.

The only thing i can see as an upgrade to the MM is the occusync and RC, that's all that is there really, oh, a little bit better in the wind and a front light.

Still, it is not enough to make me want to rush out and get the MM-2, what i am going to be going for next is a Mavic 2 Pro or the Mavic Air 2, my brother used to fly a MA-2 and said it was quite awesome, well before he lost it that is, well, the law took it to be honest.
2020-11-10
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

Very little support for the Mini Gen I, I think,
They'll be having their coders working on the Mini Gen II issues....
2020-11-10
Use props
VanzPix
Second Officer
France

ABeardedItalian Posted at 11-10 04:11

and D-Cinelike
2020-11-10
Use props
DroneroGT
lvl.2
Guatemala

JHa Posted at 11-9 21:36
They want to sell us Mini2, so we can't expect any new features for MavicMini. Bug fixes maybe, but... when was the last firmware update.

in April and the only novelty was manual video mode.
2020-11-10
Use props
djiuser_RIeSM3mAo5mf
lvl.4
Spain

ABeardedItalian Posted at 11-10 04:11

2020-11-10
Use props
Ralle
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11289 ft
Finland

Rip Mini!Long live DJI F..k, F..k
2020-11-11
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

How long is a piece of string question... I doubt they will
2020-11-11
Use props
VanzPix
Second Officer
France

A J Posted at 11-11 04:25
How long is a piece of string question... I doubt they will

years without answers and without new features
2020-11-11
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

VanzPix Posted at 11-11 08:06
years without answers and without new features

Welcome to the club
2020-11-11
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

The name of the game here is buy the next thing... or save for it.  Tech has a very short shelf life.  Especially nowadays.
2020-11-11
Use props
djiuser_RIeSM3mAo5mf
lvl.4
Spain

I felt same sadly When Danaarys was killed by John Snow
2020-11-11
Use props
Donut
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42415 ft
United States

I don’t have any faith in DJI in keeping us afloat.  We’ll probably never see any updates we were asking for. They just want us to upgrade. Som of us are on fixed income so that may not be an option.
Doug
2020-11-12
Use props
fanse39fc2b6
lvl.2
United States

Like all other cutting edge technology if you are going to play you should expect to bleed.  I got my MM in August 2020 to survey my roofs after storms figuring there would be a new one in the works soon but also determined the MM1would fit my needs, and w/ 3rd party software maybe even my wants. (I want waypoints).
I'm amazed at the capabilities of this small relatively low cost flying camera.
2020-11-12
Use props
Donut
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42415 ft
United States

I wish they would increase the size of the data on the screen. Especially the tiny a number for Satellites because the number is to small and if you have a white background.
They must think their are no old people flying.
I hope they do that before they dump us.
2020-11-12
Use props
Cients
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5537369 ft
Portugal

Hello there DroneroGT. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have posted. As of this time the DJI Mavic Mini is not listed as EOL. Rest assured that all DJI product that are still available on the DJI's official online store, DJI will continue to provide after-sales service and updates for it . Thank you for your understanding and support.

2020-11-13
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there Cients. Thank you for the reply and you are very much welcome. If you have any inquiries or concerns with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help and support you.
2020-11-17
Use props
Cients
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5537369 ft
Portugal

Thank you!
2020-11-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules