Master airscrew propellers?
2773 22 2020-11-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Drone Exploration
lvl.4
Flight distance : 912185 ft
Canada

Hi, im just wondering abour your opinion on the master airscrew propellers for the mavic air. They are suposed to increase the flight time by 2.5 minutes, and make the drone quieter as well as lower the pitch. Most reviews seem good, but i have heard of a few reviews about the drone falling out of the air after using the propellers. Has anybody had any experience with master airscrew? I know that dji doesn't recommend third party propellers, but that extra 2.5 minutes sounds like a big improvement. Thanks
2020-11-9
Use props
zhang007
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7470446 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

Me and my mates all been using it for varies drone. So far don't have this issues.
2020-11-9
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Drone Exploration. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have shared with us. I hope that you will get the best recommendation from our valued DJI co pilots who uses this accessory ( Master airscrew propellers ) on there DJI Mavic Air. Just a reminder that DJI do not recommend you to use a 3rd party accessories on your DJI Mavic Air  specially propellers. Propellers are one of the main components of the drone that should not be taken for granted when flying your DJI drone in terms of compatibility and reliability purposes. In addition using 3rd party accessories might cause damage or harm on your DJI drones and can void the warranty as well. Thank you for your understanding and fly safe always.
2020-11-9
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

blades are the most important items on a drone, if they fail...

and if you cannot get your footage within the normal endurance, than the extra 2.5 minutes will not do the trick...   well, just my 2 cents  

cheers
JJB
2020-11-10
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Im a big fan of sticking with genuine OEM props.
2020-11-10
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have  a pair for my Zoom, tried them for about two week and went back to the originals.
I am not a fan at all.
2020-11-10
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I only use those made by DJI
2020-11-10
Use props
Drone Exploration
lvl.4
Canada

JJB* Posted at 11-10 01:29

The flight time that i have now works, but the MA has always had less flight time than other dji drones, and an extra  couple of minutes couple make a difference, especially when i'm in a situation where im hiking or mountain biking, and have no way to charge the two batterys that i have. When you don't have a way to change your batterys, every minute makes a difference. I think that the problems where mostly with the v1.0 props , the v2.0 seems better. Thanks for your two cents
2020-11-10
Use props
Drone Exploration
lvl.4
Canada

Woe Posted at 11-10 04:41
I have  a pair for my Zoom, tried them for about two week and went back to the originals.
I am not a fan at all.

Why didn't you like them? Thanks
2020-11-10
Use props
Woe
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Drone Exploration Posted at 11-10 07:49
Why didn't you like them? Thanks

they make the drone unstable, makes the drone drift even after calibration.
2020-11-10
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Drone Exploration Posted at 11-10 07:47
The flight time that i have now works, but the MA has always had less flight time than other dji drones, and an extra  couple of minutes couple make a difference, especially when i'm in a situation where im hiking or mountain biking, and have no way to charge the two batterys that i have. When you don't have a way to change your batterys, every minute makes a difference. I think that the problems where mostly with the v1.0 props , the v2.0 seems better. Thanks for your two cents

Thanks for your friendly reaction on my teasing post  

Many happy landings,
Cheers
JJB
2020-11-10
Use props
Drone Exploration
lvl.4
Canada

Woe Posted at 11-10 09:47
they make the drone unstable, makes the drone drift even after calibration.

Did you remember to adjust the gain settings? Since the master airscrew propellers are different than the OEM, the gain settings have to be changed for a smooth flight
2020-11-10
Use props
Woe
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Drone Exploration Posted at 11-10 11:45
Did you remember to adjust the gain settings? Since the master airscrew propellers are different than the OEM, the gain settings have to be changed for a smooth flight

Yeah. tried all of that and still no change.
2020-11-10
Use props
Drone Exploration
lvl.4
Canada

I have been asking around on YouTube, and it seems like most people love their master airscrew props. Going to order a pair. Wish me luck !
2020-11-10
Use props
Drone Exploration
lvl.4
Canada

Update: just tried my master airscrew props for the first time, and I have to say I'm impressed. The props seem to be high quality, my flight time has been increased by about 2 minutes, and the props are noticeably quieter. The props also arrived 4 days early. Super happy with them, and I will buy from master airscrew in the future
2020-11-19
Use props
JohnLietzke
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3125968 ft
United States

JJB* Posted at 11-10 01:29

I agree you. The battery and props are the most important accessory for your drone.

This in no way is a dig on Master Airscrew. If I were to get third party props they would be from a reputable company like them.

But changing the props from the stock does change the balance of other hardware performance.  It is delicate like our one ecosystem and balanced for optimal performance across a wide scope of scenarios. Altering this balance could be detrimental if an unforeseen situation where other aspects of the performance balance might compensate.

I personally would prefer that DJI be responsible for this balance and do not intend to alter it.
2020-11-19
Use props
nywrecker
Second Officer
Flight distance : 832421 ft
United States

I have been using them in my Air for quite a long time. They are quieter than the original ones but I dont notice more flight time
2020-11-19
Use props
stormense8
lvl.3
Flight distance : 40030 ft
Sweden

A change back to original from my master airscrew propellers.
The master airscrew propellers bends in to the Mavic Air Body after 3 times use and the drone don't start to fly. I'm lucky it not happened when I was flying.
2020-11-21
Use props
Drone Exploration
lvl.4
Canada

stormense8 Posted at 11-21 14:40
A change back to original from my master airscrew propellers.
The master airscrew propellers bends in to the Mavic Air Body after 3 times use and the drone don't start to fly. I'm lucky it not happened when I was flying.

Thats interesting, hope it doesn't happen to me, although after tons of flights i haven't had any problems
2020-12-21
Use props
ANDO COM
lvl.2
Flight distance : 37185 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

Why DJI doesn´t improve their propellers to have the same characteristics?
2022-10-23
Use props
ANDO COM
lvl.2
Flight distance : 37185 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

Thank you for question Drone Exploration.
2022-10-23
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Any belief that the MAS props increase flight time is just chance or belief in snake-oil.  What they do reliably is change the pitch of the drone to be a touch less shrill.  I also enjoy the color selection from them.  I am a big fan of them and have never had an issue with their props contributing to a failure of any kind.
2022-10-23
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

ANDO COM Posted at 10-23 04:41

Because DJI design engineers have come up with the propellers that they believe are the best for their drones.
Different props can't provide a performance benefit without there also being a downside.
Everything is a compromise.
2022-10-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules