1528 8 2020-11-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
zhang007
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7470446 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

Some of my feel after bought Pocket 2 for less than 1 week.

Summary the disappointment:

Photo:
1) No different between 16MP or 64MP except the file is become super big but useless in JPEG or RAW.
2) Cannot turn off/on the mirror in Pocket 2 itself without connect to phone.
3) Picture no shape (My Huawei P30 Pro and Iphone is much better than Pocket 2).

Pano:
1) The file of output file is damn small (around 700-900kb). Useless for such big pic.
2) Cannot do vertical pano shoot and boring.

Video:
1) Cannot adjust the gimbal speed or joystick speed. (hard to achieve cinematic view with such high speed gimbal)
2) Need huge storage for 1080p 30fps (less than 10 minutes video took 1.2GB storage)

Common Issue:
1) Very hot after use.
2) The AI Editor doesn't same as DJI Go that let you to cut the selected scene and then download the High Resolution clips. So you need to download all HD video and auto cut in AI Editor.

Overall:
No user friendly and allow user to control the setting.

Anyone have the samel feeling as well or it is just common for Pocket 2?

2020-11-9
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

In general, explore the settings to find the items you seem to have missed.  Panoramic pictures downloaded to the phone are small size intended for social media etc.  Upload them to your PC and stitch them there for full size output.  As for video file sizes, high quality video creates large files.
2020-11-9
Use props
zhang007
lvl.3
  • >>>
Singapore

fansfe82067d Posted at 11-9 19:40
In general, explore the settings to find the items you seem to have missed.  Panoramic pictures downloaded to the phone are small size intended for social media etc.  Upload them to your PC and stitch them there for full size output.  As for video file sizes, high quality video creates large files.

User shall get the larger file size for Pano. (No lot of user have the skills or equipment to Pano stick it).
As for video file size is too huge for 30fps in 1080P in this tiny sensor, my MPP and M2P didn't took so much storage. There is loss balance between file size for Pano, Picture and Video.

DJI please resolve it in next FW update.
2020-11-9
Use props
DJI-ytao
DJI R&D Squad
Flight distance : 1209413 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Photo:
1) high resolution  provides more details. 16MP is sufficient for daily use though.
2) pocket2 does the mirror automatically to make sure you get what you see from the screen. app mirror is for wifi connection case.
3) smart phone deal with picture by the post editing in chip. pocket 2 is more like tradition camera, shutter stuff.

pano
1) the 700kb pano file is fast generated so that you may have a quick look of what u shoot when using pocket 2 without a phone, ( the resolution is fine for the screen review. If the little screen review output is larger, it takes too long to finish the pano)DJI MIMO will do a good and quick stitching,  I think it is the output resolution you want.
2) if you want to do a vertical pano. plz set gimbal mode to FPV. then you can get vertical pano shoot.

video
1) gimbal speed: swipe up, fast follow and slow follow can be selected.
    joystich speed: swipe down -> setting (gear button) ->accessory ->control stick speed to set zoom and gimbal control speed.
2) the bitrate is high to have better video quality: To be specific , 1080 30fps is about 30Mbps.  1min may generate about 225MB data.

For common issue.
1)Massive heat will be generated for such massive data recording.(physical law actually)
Other cameras may choose to keep the heat inside until it cannot do the recording.
pocket 2 manages to make heat dissipated so that it can do a non-stop 4k recording, the trade off is that we will easily feel the heat.
2) so fat it is. we will consider the djigo clip downloading. thanks for the feedback.
2020-11-9
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

zhang007 Posted at 11-9 19:55
User shall get the larger file size for Pano. (No lot of user have the skills or equipment to Pano stick it).
As for video file size is too huge for 30fps in 1080P in this tiny sensor, my MPP and M2P didn't took so much storage. There is loss balance between file size for Pano, Picture and Video.

I'm sure you just missed some settings in the Pocket.
I have seen very good video content coming from it.
2020-11-9
Use props
zhang007
lvl.3
  • >>>
Singapore

DJI-ytao Posted at 11-9 20:50
Photo:
1) high resolution  provides more details. 16MP is sufficient for daily use though.
2) pocket2 does the mirror automatically to make sure you get what you see from the screen. app mirror is for wifi connection case.

Thank you for your reply:
Now I can get the gimbal speed adjusted.

Hope to get the following in next FW update:
1) HDR Video
2) Mirror control in Pocket 2 itself without connection with Mobile Phone
3) Shaper image for photo. (The video is doing great, but don't know why photo is not shape,)
4) Larger JPEG for Pano review (consumer feel waste time and manpower to stick it)

OK to live in high bit rate for shape video.

Overall: Please made it clear on the manual as I search the manual and cannot find the setting.

2020-11-10
Use props
DJI-ytao
DJI R&D Squad
Flight distance : 1209413 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

zhang007 Posted at 11-10 01:50
Thank you for your reply:
Now I can get the gimbal speed adjusted.

Thanks for the feedback.
The full manual is here : https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... l_v1.0_EN_1030.pdf. ( it is also in MIMO app, but yes, not obvious...)

we are working on HDR video and will consider your requests.
Plz feel free to post a thread about what you think on this forum, we will check
2020-11-10
Use props
PatLam
lvl.2
Germany

You can place the Pocket2 horizontally for shooting 180 Pano !!  
2020-11-10
Use props
PatLam
lvl.2
Germany

DJI-ytao Posted at 11-10 02:17
Thanks for the feedback.
The full manual is here : https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... l_v1.0_EN_1030.pdf. ( it is also in MIMO app, but yes, not obvious...)

Please HDR for 4K video shooting instead of 2.7K...
2020-11-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules