Stop Mini2 saving photos on Phone
15417 24 2020-11-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cap0ne
lvl.3
Flight distance : 217077 ft
Romania

Hi guys. Happy M2 owner here, but with a small question - every photo and pano i took is saved in my phone gallery twice (i think one is the original and the 2nd is the "enchanced" one).
How do i stop it from doing this ? I want the photos to be saved only on the card (and in app gallery if needed).
I'm using an iphone XR.

And a pic i took yesterday, to thank you for your help

DJI_0029.jpg
2020-11-10
Use props
djiuser_IMRirvl5Jg9M
lvl.1

Italy

good question i have the sane behavior.
2020-11-10
Use props
videoeditman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

Turn photo type in App to jpeg; not jpeg + RAW ( two HD format types)
2020-11-10
Use props
videoeditman
Second Officer
United States

Nice pic by the way, look at my previous comment on settings in App.
2020-11-10
Use props
Cap0ne
lvl.3
Flight distance : 217077 ft
Romania

Thanks. But i don't want to shoot just jpeg. Raw was one of the selling points of this drone for me
2020-11-10
Use props
videoeditman
Second Officer
United States

But currently the choice is jpeg or jpeg + RAW, not just RAW. Maybe they could add an option RAW only?
2020-11-10
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Great Shot    
2020-11-11
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Lovely capture
2020-11-11
Use props
videoeditman
Second Officer
United States

You might try putting a request in to DJI to ask for a RAW only setting!
2020-11-11
Use props
Denndb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 914688 ft
Croatia

There's the option within DJI Fly app in Camera section - the checkbox to select whether you want HD photos to be automatically synced to the app... I guess that's the way to stop automatically saving photos on the phone.
2020-11-12
Use props
GoAround
lvl.2
Flight distance : 99649 ft
United Kingdom

Yes, the solution above works OK. I rather enjoy being able to flip through and check the images as they are quick enough to delete from the phone but can be handy to do an on site check of the images.
2020-11-13
Use props
fans327a1e00
lvl.2

Italy

Hi!  I also have the same problem with Dji Mini 2. Even disabling automatic synchronization and setting only jpeg, when I select the photos to copy to my iPhone, it saves 2 photos, one with more contrast and the other less.  how can I do?

in the attached photos you can see the problem.
FCF81E88-F00E-48A1-AE40-6E1AC58629C4.jpeg
70D58441-6EDA-4F66-8925-FFCC19053C93.jpeg
2020-11-28
Use props
clausfly
lvl.4
Flight distance : 51115 ft
Germany

Same error here. When downloading a photo from the Mini2, one photo is transferred to the DYI Fly App and 2 photos are automatically transferred to the iPhone Photo App. The two photos in the iPhone App also differ in file size.  It would be nice if DJI could switch off the automatism (Stop Mini2 saving photos on Phone photo App).

2021-1-5
Use props
djiuser_Zys8Xz3huF0q
lvl.1
Flight distance : 26145 ft
Germany

Hi!
Same problem here.
Any Solution for the 2 photo in the meantime?
2021-2-20
Use props
djiuser_Zys8Xz3huF0q
lvl.1
Germany

Same Problem here.
And solution in the mean time?
2021-2-20
Use props
ozoffi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 55128 ft
Austria

The currently possible solutions have already been mentioned!

Post #3 and #7:
Turn photo type in App to jpeg; not jpeg + RAW ( two HD format types).
But currently the choice is jpeg or jpeg + RAW, not just RAW....

Post #11
There's the option within DJI Fly app in Camera section - the checkbox to select whether you want HD photos to be automatically synced to the app... I guess that's the way to stop automatically saving photos on the phone.
2021-2-21
Use props
djiuser_Zys8Xz3huF0q
lvl.1
Germany

Thanks for your answer!

Photo Type selected in APP is ONLY jpeg
HD Photo sync as well as "Zwischenspeicher" is selcteted OFF.

Still the same Problem. Now after Download via Quick Or App. Two Types of the Same PIC in Fotos. I have absolutely no Idea......

Any other ideas what the problem could be?

Thanks!
2021-2-21
Use props
juliocerver
New

Poland

Same problem here!

When I take a picture with my Mini 2 it saves 2 files to my phone, one with more contrast than the other, size also differ a bit.

When DJI will adjust this problem?
2021-3-3
Use props
gionpi
lvl.1
Italy

Hello, same problem here...
I took almost 500 pictures with my Mini 2 and I found more than 3000 photos into my phone. A lot of pictures has 3 or 4 identical copies!!
The option jpeg+raw is turned OFF, also HD photo sync is turned OFF.
Please DJI, fix it!!
2021-3-3
Use props
Messie Bessie
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hey peeps. You got me thinking about this issue and i wondered wether changing the phone settings to 'deny' save to phone from the DJI app would work. I'm using android and the setting is in
'settings> apps and notifications> see all apps> DJI Fly> Permissions>  Storage> Deny. (If this works and is the fix needed with my 1st post/reply i'll be cartwheeling down the garden in 4k ;-) )

It's a big fat NO to that theory, fly app won't even open with setting to deny! Sry, no 4k cartwheels!
2021-3-14
Use props
djiuser_6qeHG8WZjTx1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2874 ft
Spain

I too am really struggling with this. I took only a few photos today but ended up with 96 photos on my iPhone that i had to manually delete since I got the photos to my computer through the SD card...
2021-5-5
Use props
Cheech3
New

United Kingdom

Yep same here. Bit of a pain to have to go through and delete hundreds of images from iphone camera roll.
2021-5-12
Use props
Amorphine
New

Bulgaria

Hi, this is really driving me mad, I am following this topic to see if there is an update from DJI support.
2021-6-29
Use props
danielzy
New

United States

It is insane that such an annoying and simple to fix bug is taking place after I read like 40 threads about it.
DJI - PLEASE FIX IT.

I love the Auto sync feature - but please, sync just a single photo!
2021-7-1
Use props
jlbanks1s
New
United States

I just got my Mini 2 today, (well, my second one as 1st had issue with gimbal right out of box and wouldn't allow me to even attempt to fly, so I had to get a replacement) I was searching to see how to keep photos and videos from automatically going to my phone storage, as I don't want it filling storage and plan on just transferring with pc and sd card. And I found this forum thread.

I was wondering if they issues you are reporting from having multiple images saved is from having the setting to take photos as AEB on instead of Single under the photo setting? The AEB stands for Auto Exposure Bracketing (had to google that as everyone else uses term HDR High Dynamic Range) and is the way it takes HDR photos. The camera will take multiple images at different exposures and combine different parts of them to get a more dynamic photo that most people think look better.

I can't test on mine right now, as it is dark out and my batteries are charging, but I suspect that the Mini 2 is doing the same thing my digital camera and phone do when I take an HDR photo, it takes several photos and combines them to one dynamic photo, but it doesn't just keep the ones it combined in memory and then discard after making the combination. It stores all of them. So say it takes three exposures and combines to make one photo, you end up with 4 saved to your storage. (The number per picture can vary depending on the contrast in the photo being taken.)

I guess the reason they work that way is so more professional photographers have all the original images and can edit or recombine if they like, but it is annoying and confusing to us consumers. That's why I usually keep HDR or (AEB as DJI calls it) off, unless I know I want to use the feature.

I hope this helps someone. Let me know if it works for you. I'll test myself if and when I can. I'm still new to the app and Mini 2. But forums on here have already helped me so I wanted to help if I can. If someone would try and let me know, that would be great. If it doesn't work, let me know too, I'll take this down.

Currently I only have one copy of each on my phone, but I'm shooting with default everything and it was on Single. But would like to know if this is the cause.
2021-10-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules