Lost drone after update
758 5 2020-11-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dantescscryz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1937418 ft
Portugal

Since the new  update my mini started to give weak connection msgs. Prior to that I adjust antennas and still motyhing. Therefore I landed and got a green screen on record of filming. Had to restart drone several times to get the proper fottage. Last day in a normal flight, same msgs, bit I was low altitude and no obstacle on line on sight of the drone. Since the alert msg didn't stop, I was trying to land it safely. It was good till the last meters. He went without control to the right side and collide with a tree and fell down in to the river . When I saw him going toncollide did everything Once learned how to avoid it. Yet didn't respond and collide to the tree. The problem wasn't my manouveurs. The drone simply went without control. Seems to me a software update problem. And that cost me the loss of my drone. I have the video on cache of the crashing and the ones with green light. What should I do?! Still on warranty and wasn't human error.
2020-11-10
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, Dantescscryz. We're saddened to know about the incident. If your drone is within the warranty period and you are able to send it back to a repair center, we would recommend applying for damage assessment. We will send you an offer based on the results.

Check the warranty period here: https://www.dji.com/service/policy (Warranty period starts off when the product arrived at the first customer)

If your drone is covered by DJI Care Refresh and you can send it back to a repair center, please apply for a replacement. You are also able to apply for a normal repair case.

In any case, please contact us via https://www.dji.com/support to start a case. Thank you.
2020-11-10
Use props
djiuser_fTPVUJIdX69z
lvl.1

United Kingdom

This is a software update issue with the app. I have also had a major problem & issues start as close as 50m. Since this update, the maximum range I can get on my Mini is 150m, and in an area that I can usually fly far, far further. Furthermore, if this customer has lost their drone because of your update, why haven’t you offered them a replacement? My drone is grounded because I cannot afford to loose it. I have the care package but unless the drone is recoverable then it is worthless. I suggest you fix this issue for all users and replace drones for those who have lost them because of a faulty software & through no fault of their own. YouTube has many videos of similar incidents, all of which occur following this update. I was lucky, I brought mine home & landed it. I researched this issue online & now I know not to fly it until this is sorted. I was going to sell my drone to be able to afford the Mini 2, however, I am morally unable to sell this, and low on confidence for the Mini 2
2020-11-10
Use props
fansa4af289d
New

Canada

djiuser_fTPVUJIdX69z Posted at 2020-11-10 09:43
This is a software update issue with the app. I have also had a major problem & issues start as close as 50m. Since this update, the maximum range I can get on my Mini is 150m, and in an area that I can usually fly far, far further. Furthermore, if this customer has lost their drone because of your update, why haven’t you offered them a replacement? My drone is grounded because I cannot afford to loose it. I have the care package but unless the drone is recoverable then it is worthless. I suggest you fix this issue for all users and replace drones for those who have lost them because of a faulty software & through no fault of their own. YouTube has many videos of similar incidents, all of which occur following this update. I was lucky, I brought mine home & landed it. I researched this issue online & now I know not to fly it until this is sorted. I was going to sell my drone to be able to afford the Mini 2, however, I am morally unable to sell this, and low on confidence for the Mini 2

I did the update today because I haven’t used my now 7 month old drone phantom 4 pro v2 since October. I flew it before the update everything was fine. Landed put a new battery in did the mandatory update. Rebooted everything took off flew 800 m away lost single and got the prompt to return home I agreed but the drone never returned home.   the drone before the update would fly 3500 m away in the same direction. I rushed out to the last known position there was nothing there. Rushed back home in case it had returned nothing was there. I Went back to last known 5 min later and there was a smashed drone on the ground nothing left of it. The battery still had 3 bars. The drone made no attempt to return home. I have had all of the phantoms and have been flying them for at least 5 years now. You have a software update issue. I better be getting a free replacement.
2021-3-21
Use props
fansa4af289d
New

Canada

djiuser_fTPVUJIdX69z Posted at 2020-11-10 09:43

I did the update today because I haven’t used my now 7 month old drone phantom 4 pro v2 since October. I flew it before the update everything was fine. Landed put a new battery in did the mandatory update. Rebooted everything took off flew 800 m away lost single and got the prompt to return home I agreed but the drone never returned home.   the drone before the update would fly 3500 m away in the same direction. I rushed out to the last known position there was nothing there. Rushed back home in case it had returned nothing was there. I Went back to last known 5 min later and there was a smashed drone on the ground nothing left of it. The battery still had 3 bars. The drone made no attempt to return home. I have had all of the phantoms and have been flying them for at least 5 years now. You have a software update issue. I better be getting a free replacement.
2021-3-21
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

fansa4af289d Posted at 3-21 13:03

Landed put a new battery in did the mandatory update.
There are no mandatory updates.

You have a software update issue.
Your incident had nothing to do with the update,
That it happened after an update is just coincidence.

I better be getting a free replacement.
To get a free replacement, your drone would have to be within the 12 month warranty period
AND
You would have to supply proof that the incident was caused by a DJI fault.

There are lots of possible explanations for the incident you described.
Perhaps your recorded flight data would give some clues to help understand what happened.

Your best action would be to go to the Phantom sub-forum (this one is for Mavics) and start a new thread.
The Phantom forum is here:
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... r=typeid&typeid=559

And include your flight data.
To get to your flight data, go to: https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
... where you'll find instructions to upload the data to that site and it will give a report
For help interpreting the data you can post a link for the report here.
Or just post the .txt file.

2021-3-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules