Mavic mini 2 FN button
15153 19 2020-11-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_w8XGleICCCeF
lvl.1
Flight distance : 386198 ft

United Kingdom

So I'm use to be able to customise the FN button on my old air and pro. On the new new fly app there are options to customise the FN button for a one press & double press option however all I can select for both is recenter gimbal with no other apparent options. Am I missing something?
2020-11-10
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

On the Air 2 you can turn the AUX light on/off (not applicable to the Mini 2), recentre the gimbal and bring up maps - so only 3 options on that one. May be they will add maps in a future firmware update or more on both drones. You can also use the fn button to control the digital zoom.  
2020-11-10
Use props
Cap0ne
lvl.3
Flight distance : 217077 ft
Romania

No, that's it for the moment. Maybe in future fw upgrades they will include some more options.
2020-11-10
Use props
videoeditman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

If you have an iPhone you have an added feature, not charge phone. Hopefully they will add some features as Maps, etc.
2020-11-10
Use props
TDZHDTV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2068550 ft
United Kingdom

Yes same issue, I’m guessing your on Android also....
2020-11-10
Use props
djiuser_w8XGleICCCeF
lvl.1
Flight distance : 386198 ft

United Kingdom

Wow, thanks for all the responses guys!
I guess I need to lower my expectations then by the sound of it. I was hoping for maybe an AE lock or toggle off front light option as a minimum
2020-11-10
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_w8XGleICCCeF Posted at 11-10 09:08
Wow, thanks for all the responses guys!
I guess I need to lower my expectations then by the sound of it

You're welcome  
I think we all do
2020-11-10
Use props
JohnLietzke
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3125968 ft
United States

videoeditman Posted at 11-10 08:58
If you have an iPhone you have an added feature, not charge phone. Hopefully they will add some features as Maps, etc.

Thanks, for the tip about turning on and off the iPhone charging using the Function button.
2020-11-10
Use props
djiuser_ePgruPdNNSyO
lvl.2
Flight distance : 348547 ft
United Kingdom

Switching between map and video view would be nice as I've seen others demonstrate on the mini 2.

For the moment on my android phone,  I like you, can only choose "recentre gimbal" for both single and double press.
2020-11-10
Use props
Mr. Mongo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1348 ft
United States

djiuser_ePgruPdNNSyO Posted at 11-10 12:46
Switching between map and video view would be nice as I've seen others demonstrate on the mini 2.

For the moment on my android phone,  I like you, can only choose "recentre gimbal" for both single and double press.

I have the same problem.  It's not an Android issue, it's a glitch from DJI and hope they rectify it in an update.  Holding the button does allow the gimbal dial to zoom but it's glitchy and takes practice to zoom smoothly.  That would be a nice a addition too having a menu item to have a slider to set zoom speed.  And while they work on that, allow zoom in photo mode, not just video.
2020-11-10
Use props
videoeditman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

Somewhere, and I can't find it now, a DJI employee stated that the Android was not compatible with the "not charge" option that the Apple users get. It may be based on sync & power status.
2020-11-11
Use props
TroutboyNZ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1726486 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Function button works brilliant with iOS, on my iPhone it's one press to instantly down the gimbal for a birds-eye view and press again for a horizon view... double press quickly in map view, and it toggles between map and live feed views - this was a function MISEED on previous Mini's! It also is a smooth zoom button - hold down and zoom with the wheel - I have tested the zoom a bit, and for being digital - it is actually very good and quite useable.
2020-11-11
Use props
McKelvieTheCat
lvl.1
Flight distance : 233550 ft
Germany

Android user here.

The only option in the Fn button customisation menu is "recenter gimbal" for both single and double press.

When you use this function (press the Fn button) on the controller, the gimbal toggles from ahead (anywhere from -20° to 89°) to bird's eye (90° straight down) and then back to 0°.

This happens with both single and double press.

When the camera is on any tilt value other than 90° (straight down), use of the button doesn't recenter the gimbal to straight ahead, it goes directly to bird's eye (straight down) ...... aaargh . Another press brings it back to horizon (straight ahead).

So ... firstly I find recenter gimbal is not an accurate description of what the function actually does. If the camera is tilted up or down, it just sends the gimbal to bird's eye view (straight down), and if it is already pointing 90° down, then IMO this is the only case where the gimbal is recentered - to horizon, straight ahead.

I know it just does exactly what the "recenter gimbal" under gimbal calibration does, but I still think it is badly named for what it actually does in flight.  

I think a better name would be "camera landing mode", or "bird's eye view"

2020-11-12
Use props
fans427539f9
lvl.3
Flight distance : 148 ft
Australia

Did they change anything in 1.2.1 version?  Still I didn't get that update....
2020-11-13
Use props
djiuser_wPCjI0pYM1qV
New
Flight distance : 3 ft
France

TroutboyNZ Posted at 11-11 16:39
Function button works brilliant with iOS, on my iPhone it's one press to instantly down the gimbal for a birds-eye view and press again for a horizon view... double press quickly in map view, and it toggles between map and live feed views - this was a function MISEED on previous Mini's! It also is a smooth zoom button - hold down and zoom with the wheel - I have tested the zoom a bit, and for being digital - it is actually very good and quite useable.

It doesn't seem to work with my Mini 2 and iPhone X : no way to recenter my cam using single ou double tap on Fn button.

Am I the only one ?
2020-12-30
Use props
8Spiders
New

United States

Just updated to version 2.00.1200 January 6th. Still no support for button customization on Android.
2021-1-6
Use props
Paul Mavic
lvl.3
Flight distance : 328163 ft
Netherlands

DJI MINI 2. Updated today 17 th Jan. No avail so far.  Only option is "recenter gimbal"
2021-1-17
Use props
John P3P
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I fly using mini ipads and have the same issue Tap or Double Tap does nothing.
2021-6-11
Use props
royeiror
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1679344 ft
Mexico

I come from a Mavic Pro and am used to the second wheel for changing exposure while on manual mode, I wish I could do that on this drone, the screen slider is cumbersome to use
2021-7-12
Use props
djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg
Second Officer
Flight distance : 80646017 ft
Poland

I have several options to choose from. However, double clicks rarely work properly. I have the change to FPV mode set, but it doesn't work every time.
2021-7-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules