Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
barraketh
lvl.1
Flight distance : 756729 ft
  • >>>
United States

Good morning.
Can anyone tell me if there are currently plans to add additional cameras to the Ronin-S compatibility, or if development on it has stopped due to newer Ronin models? I bought the D780 together with the Ronin-S as a combo deal and was disappointed to realize that it is not supported.

Thank you.

2020-11-10
Use props
RickyBat
lvl.2
Flight distance : 317116 ft
United States

i wouldn't hold my breath it seems like they have completely abandoned the Ronin S
2020-11-10
Use props
barraketh
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

I've been following the updates for the past year and hoping for more compatibility. I was actually very surprised when the Ronin-S2 came out and supports the D780 but there has been no corresponding update to the Ronin-S... it's a bummer.
2020-11-11
Use props
outdoordan
New
United States

I'm interested in this as well.  I read articles where the Ronin-S was the preferred gimbal for the D780.  Unfortunately, after purchasing one I am finding the gimbal is not communicating with the gimbal.  So, so disappointed and not sure I want to take the chance and purchase an RS-2.  It would seem since the D780 is basically a D850 for photos with the Z6 incorporated for video, that this would be a short leap since both of those cameras are already supported.  I am hoping someone from DJI SUPPORT sees this post and at least lets us know if it is in the future plans.  Do I keep the gimbal I have or look for another brand.
2020-11-19
Use props
barraketh
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Can any administrators comment as to the likelyhood of d780 inclusion in a further firmware update?
2020-11-30
Use props
barraketh
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Bump, Can any administrators comment as to the likelyhood of d780 inclusion in a further firmware update?
2020-12-3
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

barraketh Posted at 2020-12-3 07:46
Bump, Can any administrators comment as to the likelyhood of d780 inclusion in a further firmware update?

Hello there, we just released the new firmware for the Ronin-S that supports the Nikon D780. Please check our release note: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=234597

Thank you.
2021-1-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules