Super Weak Signal and controller has no version after repair by DJI
1072 14 2020-11-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pwcarey
Flight distance : 431762 ft
United States

Hello,

I was having super weak signal problems with a DJI Mavic 2 pro that had been working just fine for 6 months. It would go up 80' and then start losing signal. Horrible.

I sent in my controller to DJI for repair as per their instructions after lengthy messages back and forth. They 'repaired' it for $222, saying they replaced the main board in the controller. This was under case number CAS-5312541-K2C4Q1.

The unit still only goes up 80' and starts to lose connection and signal. This is at my home where nothing has changed as far as signals. It also fails in three other test locations spread out over 45 miles.

Further, when I try to check the firmware version in the Assistant app, it does not show a version. So when I try to downgrade, it doesn't know which version it is on. See image.

Any help from DJI on this? Paying $222 for something to still not work is not acceptable.

Screen Shot 2020-11-10 at 12.21.21 PM.png
2020-11-10
Use props
pwcarey
United States

Also, trying to run the factory reset on the controller in the Assistant app fails time and again.

Screen Shot 2020-11-10 at 12.33.43 PM.png
2020-11-10
Use props
SupBro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1454193 ft
  • >>>
United States

This sucks man truly, i feel for you,  i know they have some department that can ship you a new remote, but you need to ask for it. specifically, try asking about a "Virtual Order"
2020-11-10
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi pwcarey, sorry for that case happened. Please confirm the version of your DJI assistant 2, try to update the firmware of your aircraft and remote controller to the latest. If the issue still persists, please record a video for us for further analysis. Thanks.
2020-11-10
Use props
Fat Panda
lvl.3
Flight distance : 31050 ft
Hong Kong

Download the correct DJI assitanct 2 from https://www.dji.com/mavic-2/info#downloads, try again
2020-11-10
Use props
pwcarey
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 11-10 20:34
Hi pwcarey, sorry for that case happened. Please confirm the version of your DJI assistant 2, try to update the firmware of your aircraft and remote controller to the latest. If the issue still persists, please record a video for us for further analysis. Thanks.

I was using old version of Assistant. I have upgraded that and will check both controller and drone to be on latest firmware. Tomorrow I'll give it another try.
2020-11-10
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

pwcarey Posted at 11-10 21:15
I was using old version of Assistant. I have upgraded that and will check both controller and drone to be on latest firmware. Tomorrow I'll give it another try.

Got it. Please keep me updated, thanks.
2020-11-10
Use props
pwcarey
United States

I flew it around four places today and always the same thing. Maybe 80-100' up it started to lose connection and I was limited in how far I could go. Antennas pointed right at the sucker.

I downgraded both the controller and remote and then upgraded them to the latest.

Interestingly, when I had some interference on my 4th flight today, I switched to manually selecting the frequency and channel for the controller. That really helped and I got back a lot of range and rarely would the video cut out.

Maybe it is something with the automatic selection of channels?  I'll run a more substantial test tomorrow and video tape it to see if that can help narrow this down.  I'm still not happy about paying $222 for a fix that didn't help or fix anything and would like to discuss a refund of that repair.

Thank you,
pwc
2020-11-11
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

pwcarey Posted at 11-11 17:08
I flew it around four places today and always the same thing. Maybe 80-100' up it started to lose connection and I was limited in how far I could go. Antennas pointed right at the sucker.

I downgraded both the controller and remote and then upgraded them to the latest.

Sorry for that case happened. If the issue still persists, please contact our support team via http://www.dji.com/support to open a case, send in both of your aircraft and remote controller for a thorough diagnosis, our team will provide the proper solution based on the result of the diagnosis. Thanks.
2020-11-13
Use props
pwcarey
United States

Here's the video you requested.  It seems to be the 5.8Mhz frequency fails.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kw6O-BmPmsI&feature=youtu.be

I have already paid you $222 to fix this problem and it wasn't fixed. I don't want to send in the controller and drone AGAIN and get charged AGAIN until I get a refund.
2020-11-13
Use props
pwcarey
United States

I have contacted tech support and am waiting for them to get back to me after showing them the video and referencing this thread. Fingers crossed someone listens to me.
2020-11-13
Use props
pwcarey
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 11-13 01:29
Sorry for that case happened. If the issue still persists, please contact our support team via http://www.dji.com/support to open a case, send in both of your aircraft and remote controller for a thorough diagnosis, our team will provide the proper solution based on the result of the diagnosis. Thanks.

How do I get ahold of a real human who can help me get a refund?  I have heard nothing from "the engineers" that were supposed to contact me and not one person has acknowledged I am due a refund for a fix that didn't work.
2020-11-23
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

pwcarey Posted at 11-23 07:18
How do I get ahold of a real human who can help me get a refund?  I have heard nothing from "the engineers" that were supposed to contact me and not one person has acknowledged I am due a refund for a fix that didn't work.

I have sent you a PM, please check it. Thanks.
2020-11-24
Use props
djiuser_W1qO2Bwi75sd
lvl.1

Turkey

Mavic 2 ERROR CODE 200
2020-12-3
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, could you please show me a screenshot of the error message in your DJI GO4 app? I'd like to help you check it, thanks.
2020-12-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules