27216 85 2020-11-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Denndb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 914688 ft
Croatia

Hello,
I have installed the correct version of DJI Assistant (DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series)) and I've tried to use it for my new MINI 2.

OK, so when I connect my MINI 2, DJI Assistant recognizes the MINI 2 and I'm able to enter into the app. All until that step works.

But the app is offering only to export logs files, nothing else! I don't get the list of firmware versions and there's nothing in the menu but to export logs. I have tried that with two different laptops and it's all the same - the menues are missing.

Please, is there something wrong, where could be the problem?

Thanks,
Denis

2020-11-10
Use props
Denndb
lvl.4
Croatia

Hello,

Thanks for feedback,

I did that exactly as instructed, installed the DJI assistant from the link you've provided - but it's all the same. Attaching the screenshots - so once I get into the app, there's no menues for instance the list of firmwares for MINI2.
2020-11-10
Use props
TDZHDTV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2068550 ft
United Kingdom

I have the above version on Windows PC, the controller is recognised but the Mini 2 is not
2020-11-11
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Denis, Mini 2 support updating the  firmware by the DJI Fly app. DJI Assistant 2 only provide flight log exporting service for Mini 2. Please update the firmware by the DJI Assistant 2. If you encounter any issue updating the firmware, please let us know, we are here to help.
2020-11-12
Use props
Denndb
lvl.4
Croatia

Hi Susan,

Thanks, but is there any option to refresh the firmware?

That option used to be in place in DJI Assistant which doesn't offer such option to mini 2.

Thanks,
Denis
2020-11-12
Use props
agd1949
lvl.2
Flight distance : 14180 ft
United Kingdom

TDZHDTV Posted at 11-11 00:56
I have the above version on Windows PC, the controller is recognised but the Mini 2 is not

Ditto .... same issue.  I have updated firmware via the app.  Assistant does not even see the mini2
2020-11-12
Use props
jpick73
New

United States

Dealing with this exact issue currently. Just purchased Mini 2 yesterday. It would appear that nobody is going to offer to explain the issue. Guess I will just return this device, and purchase something different.
2020-11-15
Use props
djiuser_vb52lQACIVGB
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I spoke to DJI support the other day and apparently they know it's not working (despite being the newer version  of the assistant app) and to bear with them!

I was only wanting to use it to ensure the battery firmwares were up to date as the previous mini didn't always update them through the Fly app.
2020-11-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there Denis. The DJI Mini 2 support updating the  firmware by the DJI Fly app. DJI Assistant 2 only provide flight log exporting service for Mini 2. Please update the firmware by the DJI Assistant 2. If you encounter any issue updating the firmware, please let us know, we are here to help.
2020-11-17
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Stephen and Susan,

Do you realize just how confusing your replies are?

"The DJI Mini 2 support updating the  firmware by the DJI Fly app."
"Please update the firmware by the DJI Assistant 2."

Better get these responses more clearly understandable before the holidays.

My experience has been to update the M2 via the Fly app, and there is no way to roll back nor refresh via the Fly app.
2020-11-17
Use props
AdmBenson
lvl.4
France

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-17 02:36
Hi there Denis. The DJI Mini 2 support updating the  firmware by the DJI Fly app. DJI Assistant 2 only provide flight log exporting service for Mini 2. Please update the firmware by the DJI Assistant 2. If you encounter any issue updating the firmware, please let us know, we are here to help.

Hi,
Can you explain us how to update the Mini 2 thru Assistant 2 while the issue is that Assistant 2 does not see the Mini 2 ?
2020-11-17
Use props
TDZHDTV
Second Officer
United Kingdom

AdmBenson Posted at 11-17 03:56
Hi,
Can you explain us how to update the Mini 2 thru Assistant 2 while the issue is that Assistant 2 does not see the Mini 2 ?

I am having the same issue, the MM2 remote control is recognised but not the air craft.  DJI please sort this out urgently
2020-11-17
Use props
nixuspix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2864974 ft
  • >>>
Latvia

DJI can You please answer clearly will the Assistant App be available for firmware upgrade for Mini 2 in nearest future or should we forget about it for this purpose?
2020-11-19
Use props
MZorzy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 11227 ft
Italy

Upgraded mini2 by phone's app,
DJIassistant2 see mini2 but have only "Export log".
and this give me an 452Mb .dat file.
2020-11-19
Use props
ddjmrql
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1030 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ditto. I need to know why DJI assistant 2 is not recognizing the AC. What do I do if I need to rollback to an earlier FW?
2020-11-22
Use props
AdmBenson
lvl.4
France

Any news on this ?
2020-11-27
Use props
spawacz_rider
lvl.2
Flight distance : 670594 ft
United Kingdom

I have same problem with DJI Assistence 2 software

The only think  I can do is to download log files.
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... 04/DJI+Assistant+2+(Consumer+Drones+Series)+Release+Notes.pdf

This is the only think you can do with it according to that doc.

How can I refresh software ?
2020-11-27
Use props
fans24a44aa9
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3185807 ft
Brazil

so far so good to update through the app, maybe you don't mind downgrade, but what if I need to reset? How is it?
2020-12-18
Use props
DroneAge
lvl.2
Flight distance : 55108 ft
Australia

So basically don't download and install DJI Assistant 2 "Consumer Drone Series" unless you crash.

And FYI This program doesn't work with the other DJI Consumer Drones either and the Mini 2 doesn't work with the older version of Assistant 2.

So it is a completely useless piece of software that unless you crash and/or need to send DJI your logs file. Which if they added that feature to the app they could do away with software development of a PC program that doesn't offer their clients any useful features other than to direct you to the log file without using windows explorer on a PC.
2020-12-19
Use props
Mak680
lvl.1
Italy

spawacz_rider Posted at 2020-11-27 04:28
I have same problem with DJI Assistence 2 software

The only think  I can do is to download log files.

If this is the case, so why on earth I can upgrade the rc using the same software and do nothing with the drone? Seem to me that the issue is related to the mini2........I wanted to check battery firmware upgrade, but unable to perform this simple task.......
2021-1-2
Use props
Den K
New

United States

I connected RC231 to PC, upgraded firmware, then linked RC231 to MM2 and upgraded MM2. Hate it.
2021-1-6
Use props
djiuser_16J8vfuA4SNo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 577858 ft
United Kingdom

Have same issue error 30224, Argos wont take it back untill i get a return no from DJI, First DJI told me it was my phone, samsuns A50 now haave aa S9+. 2 weeks from buying it still nothing......
do wish i didnt bother, I also have a M2P which is perfect
2021-1-10
Use props
TDZHDTV
Second Officer
United Kingdom

djiuser_16J8vfuA4SNo Posted at 1-10 04:00
Have same issue error 30224, Argos wont take it back untill i get a return no from DJI, First DJI told me it was my phone, samsuns A50 now haave aa S9+. 2 weeks from buying it still nothing......
do wish i didnt bother, I also have a M2P which is perfect

Argos told me the same, DJI will not give you a return number and only insist you send it back to them for analysis.  In future I’ll buy from Amazon who have a far better returns policy.
2021-1-10
Use props
Skynet5
lvl.3
Flight distance : 20253 ft
United Kingdom

TDZHDTV Posted at 1-10 09:42
Argos told me the same, DJI will not give you a return number and only insist you send it back to them for analysis.  In future I’ll buy from Amazon who have a far better returns policy.

I think you could easily push Argos to do the right thing.

I bought a holy stone from Amazon and it was terrible and returned it. I bought the mini over the weekend from Argos as I didn't want to push my luck with Amazon again. I don't return much if anything...but two drones would look bad.

I'd kick off if it was faulty out of the box. They don't have a leg to stand on.
2021-1-10
Use props
ArieMich
lvl.1
Israel

Have the same problem as most of us
Can't connect DJI Assistant 2 App to MINI 2 on WINDOWS 10
Tried run in safe mode and etc as guys mentioned before.

DJI, when do you planning to release Assistant app for windows 10 ?
2021-1-16
Use props
djiuser_hJmrJuQGB6Sn
lvl.3
Flight distance : 110184 ft
United Kingdom

I've tried this also multiple times on my new Mini 2 and it doesn't work just sits there asking for me to connect the cable.

Tried the original cable that came with the charger (combo) tried a usb C cable and nothing it doesn't do anything.

Windows 10 x64.
2021-1-16
Use props
djiuser_4O91726DReXW
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I was having difficulty connecting my Mini 2 until I realised the Dji assistant for mavic is the incorrect app.
The correct one is DJi Assistant 2 (consumer Drone Series) further down the left menu.
I'm having the same issue of only being able to view the log  export and no other options like firmware refresh or update as I had on my previous Mavic Mini 1.
16110849602053093009515619685517.jpg
2021-1-19
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_4O91726DReXW Posted at 1-19 11:40
I was having difficulty connecting my Mini 2 until I realised the Dji assistant for mavic is the incorrect app.
The correct one is DJi Assistant 2 (consumer Drone Series) further down the left menu.
I'm having the same issue of only being able to view the log  export and no other options like firmware refresh or update as I had on my previous Mavic Mini 1.

Although a bit odd if you ask me.  Not sure why they would go this route.....

If you read through the thread, the DJI team members that have responded to it have said the Mini 2 only supports firmware updates via the DJI Fly app, not the Assistant 2 software.  It looks like they have designed it that way and is functioning as intended from their part.  
2021-1-19
Use props
djiuser_4O91726DReXW
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Shame there is no way to refresh the software on the Mini 2 in case of issues as was possible on the previous mini.
2021-1-19
Use props
Sword7
lvl.1

United States

I have same issues like this topic.   I was able connect my new Mini 2 to DJI Assistant 2 but it show only log export.

I have a problem with Windows 10 because DJI Assistant 2 can't recognize my Mini 2 but I was able connect Mini 2 to my MacBook Pro laptop and it show only log export but no firmware list, etc.
2021-1-24
Use props
The Rev
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1256837 ft
Australia

You have to update the firmware on the DJI Mini 2 with the DJI Fly app.
The only thing you can do with the DJI assistant 2 application is download flight logs
The admins seem to have made a typo with the reply.
2021-1-25
Use props
djiuser_hJmrJuQGB6Sn
lvl.3
United Kingdom

The Rev Posted at 1-25 11:53
You have to update the firmware on the DJI Mini 2 with the DJI Fly app.
The only thing you can do with the DJI assistant 2 application is download flight logs
The admins seem to have made a typo with the reply.

I can't even connect to DJI assistant 2 consumer with my mini 2 in my Windows 10 x64 PC.

It just sits asking for me to connect the cable which I did multiple different cables and it doesn't even connect at all.

How are we supposed to send logs directly to DJI when the app simply does not work.
2021-1-26
Use props
TDZHDTV
Second Officer
United Kingdom

djiuser_hJmrJuQGB6Sn Posted at 1-26 09:13
I can't even connect to DJI assistant 2 consumer with my mini 2 in my Windows 10 x64 PC.

It just sits asking for me to connect the cable which I did multiple different cables and it doesn't even connect at all.

This should work, I have the same setup, when you power on the Mini make sure you connect the drone within 20 seconds
2021-1-26
Use props
djiuser_hJmrJuQGB6Sn
lvl.3
Austria

TDZHDTV Posted at 1-26 11:08
This should work, I have the same setup, when you power on the Mini make sure you connect the drone within 20 seconds

Thanks for that I will give that a go when I am at my PC cheers.
2021-1-26
Use props
TwentyThrill
lvl.4
Flight distance : 257133 ft
South Korea

2021 here, still same issue. My Mini 2 have random drifts and there's no way to refresh the software, DJI customer support is just as inconpetent as their softwares. I'll return this drone to the shop tomorrow and buy a less buggy product, probably a Parrot.
2021-1-30
Use props
djiuser_jUqmQuW5O52q
lvl.1

Poland

I have problem with this: "Incompatible Firmware version (Code 30224)" on new Mini 2 after first power ON i made all updates and still not working
Now it unable to fly. How can fix it?
I use huwawei p30pro
2021-2-1
Use props
ozoffi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 55128 ft
Austria

To update the FW on the Mini 2 and remote control you should proceed as follows:
The current APP (download and install Android as APK from the DJI website, APPLE from Playstore - version 1.2.4 is now also available there!). Of course, this requires either a WLAN connection or mobile data in the home network!
Then turn on the remote control, switch on the mobile phone and connect it to the remote control, switch on the drone, wait until it is about to fly.
Then check the version under More and tap "Check for updates". If there is a current FW it is downloaded and updated on the remote control or drone.

Via the PC software (assistant):
Connect the remote control to the PC via USB cable, switch on the drone and wait until it has connected to the remote control, then load / install the update in the wizard - if I've seen that correctly, the drone's FW will also be renewed - but I am not sure, because afterwards the drone would actually have to restart, which I don't think happened ...
2021-2-1
Use props
BaliSkies
lvl.3

Australia

ozoffi Posted at 2-1 05:08
To update the FW on the Mini 2 and remote control you should proceed as follows:
The current APP (download and install Android as APK from the DJI website, APPLE from Playstore - version 1.2.4 is now also available there!). Of course, this requires either a WLAN connection or mobile data in the home network!
Then turn on the remote control, switch on the mobile phone and connect it to the remote control, switch on the drone, wait until it is about to fly.

What you say is Incorrect. The firmware for the Mini 2 cannot be updated or refreshed using the Assistant software, only the Mini 1 can.
2021-2-1
Use props
ozoffi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 55128 ft
Austria

BaliSkies Posted at 2-1 14:00
What you say is Incorrect. The firmware for the Mini 2 cannot be updated or refreshed using the Assistant software, only the Mini 1 can.

That's why I wrote: "But I'm not sure, because after that the drone would actually have to restart, which in my opinion did not happen ..."

Since the update works flawlessly via the mobile APP, it doesn't really matter ;)
2021-2-1
Use props
BaliSkies
lvl.3

Australia

ozoffi Posted at 2-1 23:07
That's why I wrote: "But I'm not sure, because after that the drone would actually have to restart, which in my opinion did not happen ..."

Since the update works flawlessly via the mobile APP, it doesn't really matter ;)

Yes indeed
2021-2-1
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules