123Next >
27389 85 2020-11-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg
Second Officer
Flight distance : 80646017 ft
Poland

The Mini 2 must be connected with a USB cable about 2-3 seconds after turning on the drone. Then, in the Windows device manager, check whether a new device, i.e. our drone, has appeared in the ports tree. If not, there is a com port conflict. In this case, experimentally change the com numbers for the remaining devices in the system until our drone is detected. Obviously we install Assistant 2 for mini 2 first as drivers are needed. It should work.
2021-2-2
Use props
ozoffi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 55128 ft
Austria

I installed Assisten2 from here https://www.dji.com/at/mini-2/downloads (Windows). The remote control is recognized and I can do an update.
The Mini2 drone is also recognized, but it is only possible to create an export file - NO update!
Since the update works perfectly via the APP, this is imho not so important ...
2021-2-3
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

ozoffi Posted at 2-3 01:44
I installed Assisten2 from here https://www.dji.com/at/mini-2/downloads (Windows). The remote control is recognized and I can do an update.
The Mini2 drone is also recognized, but it is only possible to create an export file - NO update!
Since the update works perfectly via the APP, this is imho not so important ...

sorry to say, Ozoffi.

It is important that the update will work thru the Assistent. It seems some people have a bad installation. Once the app sees the same or higher firmware, there is no way to force an installation of the same firmware.
Untill now, the firmware updates thru the app worked fine for me.  But I had the experience before with my M2P that I needed to do a reinstallation of the same firmware. In that case it is important you have the option for a reinstall with the Assistent.
2021-2-3
Use props
Tsume
lvl.1
Flight distance : 817815 ft
Slovenia

Yep, same here.

RC is recognised and can refresh the firmware, but for mini2 an actual drone only offers log export (apparently not yet supported). I updated firmware through DJI Fly app, but it can't be refreshed.

Note that on windows, run assistant as administrator if you are facing issue where RC or drone can't be recognised  - connected (it took me quite a while to figure this one out)!
2021-2-3
Use props
ozoffi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 55128 ft
Austria

OK - I haven't yet had the update via the APP not working. Yes, then this function would be very important!
2021-2-3
Use props
Ken Lawler
lvl.1
United States

I need to relish my firmware as there are issues that came from last update I think. My gimbal tilts dramatically down to the right as I climb (level at ground and way out of level at 200ft). The DJI Assistant 2 on my iMac and my MacBook absolutely do not work. They do not recognize the drone. This is ...ty. I am not happy at all as I love flying this thing but it's impossible when tilted like this (yes tried every possible other reset recalibration). DJI where you at?????
2021-2-3
Use props
Ancoats
lvl.2

Australia

Any fix yet DJI?? You really are a retarded company that does not care about it customers!
2021-2-14
Use props
Ancoats
lvl.2

Australia

It wont even see my Mini 2! WTF.
2021-2-14
Use props
Ancoats
lvl.2

Australia

DJI Susan Posted at 2020-11-12 06:14
Hi Denis, Mini 2 support updating the  firmware by the DJI Fly app. DJI Assistant 2 only provide flight log exporting service for Mini 2. Please update the firmware by the DJI Assistant 2. If you encounter any issue updating the firmware, please let us know, we are here to help.

HOW does one refresh firmware or reset the drone?? I see no option in the Fly app!!
2021-2-14
Use props
djiuser_A8FQi2BZihUv
lvl.1

United States

I came here because DJI Fly updated the firmware on two out of my three batteries, but did not recognize that the third battery needs an update. As all three batteries came with the MM2, I assume all three need a firmware update. In other threads users mention that they had better luck using DJI Assistant 2 when this happens, but were not able to find a way to check the battery firmware version. When "DJI Susan" responded to those posts, it was acknowledged that the apps do not provide access to battery firmware version and recommended that DJI Assistant 2 is used to ensure battery firmware was correctly updated.

Now this seems to be a dead end. DJI, please clarify how to make sure all battery versions are updated. Do I need to replace the battery, that is not being updated?
2021-3-1
Use props
djiuser_RocT6wbljrgr
New

North Macedonia

DJI Susan Posted at 2020-11-12 06:14
Hi Denis, Mini 2 support updating the  firmware by the DJI Fly app. DJI Assistant 2 only provide flight log exporting service for Mini 2. Please update the firmware by the DJI Assistant 2. If you encounter any issue updating the firmware, please let us know, we are here to help.

My dji mini 2 has a firmware problem so I can't connect to the app how can i refresh the firmware? or do something because I can't connect to the app and the drone is not pairing with the rc
2021-3-4
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_RocT6wbljrgr Posted at 3-4 00:17
My dji mini 2 has a firmware problem so I can't connect to the app how can i refresh the firmware? or do something because I can't connect to the app and the drone is not pairing with the rc

Hi there, sorry for the issue. We need to first solve the connection issue between the mobile device and controller. Please try to reinstall the DJI Fly app (please back up the important videos/photos stored in the app before installation), try to use a different connection cable or mobile device, and try again.
If the controller can be connected, please try to relink the drone and app and check for the firmware update.
If the controller is not able to be connected to the mobile device, you may need to send the drone and controller back for further service. https://repair.dji.com/repair/index

2021-3-7
Use props
T_nordic
lvl.1

Finland

Anything on this - i still cant use my mini 2 because of the firmare issues
2021-3-18
Use props
texgeekboy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 347024 ft
United States

Add me to the list of frustrated users.  I think the last firmware upgrade to the mini2 is causing a problem.  I had a mini 1 and was able to use DJI Assistant 2 a few months back for it to refresh/downgrade/upgrade the firmware on it.  Absolutely no problem.  The new DJI Assistant for the mini 2 (a different program) allowed me to refresh the RC, but as everyone has said, only download the flight logs from the drone, no option to deal with the firmware.

PLEASE put back in the option in the DJI Assistant 2 for the Mini 2 to downgrade/upgrade/refresh the firmware on the drone as well as the RC
2021-4-23
Use props
crash1sttime
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1047503 ft
United Kingdom

texgeekboy Posted at 4-23 13:14
Add me to the list of frustrated users.  I think the last firmware upgrade to the mini2 is causing a problem.  I had a mini 1 and was able to use DJI Assistant 2 a few months back for it to refresh/downgrade/upgrade the firmware on it.  Absolutely no problem.  The new DJI Assistant for the mini 2 (a different program) allowed me to refresh the RC, but as everyone has said, only download the flight logs from the drone, no option to deal with the firmware.

PLEASE put back in the option in the DJI Assistant 2 for the Mini 2 to downgrade/upgrade/refresh the firmware on the drone as well as the RC.

Hi Guys, you can use the Assistant to flash the firmware on the mini and the controller follow this guide

dont forget to like and sub

2021-4-24
Use props
texgeekboy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 347024 ft
United States

crash1sttime Posted at 4-24 07:36
Hi Guys, you can use the Assistant to flash the firmware on the mini and the controller follow this guide

Wow!  Thanks!  I’ll give it a go in a bit, but seems straightforward. I wonder why DJI simply didn’t enable that.

Update:  Worked like a charm.  Unfortunately I thought my gimbal problem was due to a botched firmware update, rather than a drop from about 20 feet.  But after downgrading, trying the older version, upgrading and trying the newer version, and refreshing the newer version, the outcome was the same.  Time to call service.

Thanks again, hopefully the others that had this problem will see your post.

2021-4-25
Use props
LorenzoBelgium
New
Flight distance : 153199 ft
Belgium

My DJI MINI 2 is still not recognized also I don't have the "defaultsettings.ini" file in that location.
My device is the WM160 (not WM161 as mentioned in the video)
I created the file myself and stored it in the location same as the video, but that didn’t workout for me.

any updates yet on this topic?

2021-5-28
Use props
MBSL500
lvl.4
United States

Go to Program Files (X86)
Go to DJI Product Folder
Go to DJI Assistant 2 Folder
Go to DJI Engine Folder.
Go to Default Settings.

Change Upgrade_Upgrade Enable from  0 to 1  
You’ll need to change default setting folder permission to allow everyone to modify.

Done
2021-5-28
Use props
fansbbdb27b7
New
Brazil

Hello.
I bought my Mini 2 exactly 25 days ago, all firmware updates were successful. Thursday I flew without a problem. On the same day I went to update, because a new update was being requested. Soon after, my drone didn't recognize the radio control, I've done everything you can imagine. I downloaded DJI ASSISTANT 2 CONSUMER DRONE SERIES and when I connect to the PC only the LOG EXPORT option for the drone appears. I'm losing work. I would like to know how I should proceed with this problem. I also downloaded DJI ASSISTANT 2 and when I connect the drone to the PC the DJI ASSISTANT 2 program doesn't recognize it, I saw in the forum that to update the firmware, it would only be done by DJI Assistant 2.
I'm waiting and I ask you to solve my problem as soon as possible. If you need further clarification I am available.
Thanks.

Prt Sc DJI ASSISTANT 2 CONSUMER DRONE SERIES 1.jpg 2.jpg

2021-6-13
Use props
smbishop
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1859232 ft
  • >>>
United States

This video will show you how to get the update firmware option back in the DJI Assistant:  https://ytube.io/3ImF
2021-6-13
Use props
Hawk GB
New
Flight distance : 103763 ft
United Kingdom

I have re-written this post several times now.
A very frustrating evening trying to get the Fly App to work on my phone and my firmware updated.

So here is what I found. I use a Samsung Galaxy S21. Use the DJI site to download the app. It probably won't open, so, Go to the phone security settings and disable Play stores scanning features. Should be 2. Then make sure the actual samsung settings allow you to install outside apps. This will allow the app to install. Once installed turn those settings back on.
The drone is now useful and the firware can be upgraded.
If you wish to upgrade the firmware using a PC, don't know about macs... sorry, then install the DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) program. It will recognise your drone but it will not allow you to do anything other than to upload a log. Follow the video instructions on youtube by a guy called FlyMyMavic (it's in several previous posts before this one) and he will show you what to do.
Following all of this I now have a drone I can use with my phone and my PC.

DJI..... As consumers we should not have to go to these lengths to use your not so cheap products. We the consumer spend so much money with your company and quite frankly we deserve better. Please sort it out and help us. After all, without customers a business will fail eventually!!!
2021-12-14
Use props
Hawk GB
New
Flight distance : 103763 ft
United Kingdom

crash1sttime Posted at 4-24 07:36
Hi Guys, you can use the Assistant to flash the firmware on the mini and the controller follow this guide

You sir are an absolute legend. Thank you so much. I would even go as far to say as you have been more help than DJI themselves... Oh and Plus one sub!!!
2021-12-14
Use props
Bob-Mini-2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

Susan says: "Hi Denis, Mini 2 support updating the  firmware by the DJI Fly app. DJI Assistant 2 only provide flight log exporting service for Mini 2. Please update the firmware by the DJI Assistant 2. If you encounter any issue updating the firmware, please: let us know, we are here to help."
Stephen says:  "Hi there Denis. The DJI Mini 2 support updating the  firmware by the DJI Fly app. DJI Assistant 2 only provide flight log exporting service for Mini 2. Please update the firmware by the DJI Assistant 2. If you encounter any issue updating the firmware, please let us know, we are here to help."
     It seems to me that both of them are saying that Dji Fly app is to be used to update firmware.  THEN they say to use Dji Assistant 2 to update with.  
  I think they are putting words into an already prepared document, and not rereading it.
I have used the Fly app to update firmware for the drone and batteries, and all went well.  Those having problems, give that a try - should work.
2021-12-14
Use props
MiniManiac
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Bob-Mini-2 Posted at 12-14 18:07
Susan says: "Hi Denis, Mini 2 support updating the  firmware by the DJI Fly app. DJI Assistant 2 only provide flight log exporting service for Mini 2. Please update the firmware by the DJI Assistant 2. If you encounter any issue updating the firmware, please: let us know, we are here to help."
Stephen says:  "Hi there Denis. The DJI Mini 2 support updating the  firmware by the DJI Fly app. DJI Assistant 2 only provide flight log exporting service for Mini 2. Please update the firmware by the DJI Assistant 2. If you encounter any issue updating the firmware, please let us know, we are here to help."
     It seems to me that both of them are saying that Dji Fly app is to be used to update firmware.  THEN they say to use Dji Assistant 2 to update with.  

Using the app to update is fine, but what happens of the firmware causes issues and you want to downgrade, you cant do that with the app, hence the post and video I made showing how to downgrade
2021-12-15
Use props
MiniManiac
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Hawk GB Posted at 12-14 13:07
You sir are an absolute legend. Thank you so much. I would even go as far to say as you have been more help than DJI themselves... Oh and Plus one sub!!!

Glad to be able to help you out bud, thansk for the sub
2021-12-15
Use props
Bob-Mini-2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

MiniManiac, glad you jumped into the pool too, and contributed a well received tip.  We all did some good sharing of information.
I for one appreciate all contributions.
2021-12-15
Use props
DaKidd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 860184 ft
United States

I to have found a video on Youtube telleing you how to fix this issue. It does work.  Here is the link to it if needed.
2021-12-15
Use props
MiniManiac
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DaKidd Posted at 12-15 18:04
I to have found a video on Youtube telleing you how to fix this issue. It does work.  Here is the link to it if needed. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4XUVLK1KfU

Yes that is my video and has multiple comments from people who have found it useful
2021-12-16
Use props
MiniManiac
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DJI Vasily_2 Posted at 12-16 06:04
Hi Denis, Mini 2 assist updating the  firmware by way of the DJI Fly app. DJI Assistant 2 handiest provide flight log exporting service for Mini 2. Please replace the firmware through the DJI Assistant 2. If you encounter any issue updating the firmware, please let us recognise, we are here to assist.

WTF

Is that supposed to be a helpful answer
2021-12-16
Use props
WaterMaster
lvl.3
United States

MiniManiac Posted at 12-16 08:49
WTF

Is that supposed to be a helpful answer

Download https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... 217/DJI+Assistant+2(Consumer+Drones+Series)+2.1.8.exe
or the zip version. If you already have DJI Assistant 2 installed, uninstall it, now install what you downloaded.  NOTE: I have Goggles RE, they require a version of the DJI Assistant 2 (Version 1.2.5)  so I didn't uninstall it.
After installing go to C:\Program Files (x86)\DJI Product\DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series)\DJIEngine and change the security setting on defaultsettings.ini and make it writable, edit the file and change =0 to =1, save the file. DJI Assistant 2 requires your login information, after logging in
when you plug the Mini 2 in you should see the firmware versions.

I don't understand why DJI makes things so complicated that it requires two hours of Google FU (and watching youtube videos) to find answers to problems they create.
2021-12-24
Use props
Andrew of Ranfurly
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9698 ft

United Kingdom

Now January 2022...
This thread has been very useful but I could not get Assistant 2 to recognise my Mini 2 on a Windows 10 PC.
It turned out that googling 'DJI assistant 2 download'  takes me to the DJI website downloads section for the old Windows version V1.2.5 which doesn't work for my Mini 2 on my Dell PC,
After a lot of searching I found the correct DJI download for the latest V2.1.9 at https://www.dji.com/uk/downloads/softwares/dji-assistant-2-consumer-drones-series.
This then successfully connected to my Mini 2 and then I used crash1sttime's excellent Post#55 to edit the .ini file to get the logfile and can now view it in Airdata (free).
2022-1-28
Use props
daggers
New

United Kingdom

March 2022

To get the firmware option on Mac OS Monterey, after installing assistant 2.

1. Use Finder, Open Macintosh HD under locations
2. Open Applications
3. Right Click on DJI Assistant 2(Consumer Drones Series)
4. Select Show Package Contents
5. Open MacOS Folder
5. Right-Click defaultsettings.ini, open with TextEdit, set upgrade_enable=1 as shown below
6. Save the File and open the Application

[support]
list=wm161|wm1605

[wm161]
upgrade_enable=1

[wm1605]
upgrade_enable=1

Screenshot 2022-03-28 at 22.12.47.png
2022-3-28
Use props
Kaos Kustoms
lvl.1

United States

jpick73 Posted at 2020-11-15 10:00
Dealing with this exact issue currently. Just purchased Mini 2 yesterday. It would appear that nobody is going to offer to explain the issue. Guess I will just return this device, and purchase something different.

Don't sell it. Use it have fun. If you still dont want it i will buy from you. Let me know.
Ty
2022-5-3
Use props
flipper26
lvl.1

Canada

djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg Posted at 2021-2-2 01:50
The Mini 2 must be connected with a USB cable about 2-3 seconds after turning on the drone. Then, in the Windows device manager, check whether a new device, i.e. our drone, has appeared in the ports tree. If not, there is a com port conflict. In this case, experimentally change the com numbers for the remaining devices in the system until our drone is detected. Obviously we install Assistant 2 for mini 2 first as drivers are needed. It should work.

Can you please tell me how do you experimentally change the COM numbers? I can get the DJI Assistant to see the remote controller but it doesn't see the drone at all. When I look at device manager on the COM port it gives a code 45 error (device not connected) and says under Event Manager "Device USB\VID_2CA3&PID_0008\5&2ad60a6b&0&5 requires further installation". I've tried different cables to connect, different Windows computers and removing the digital signature enforcement but I still can't get any system to recognize the drone. Thanks for any help you can provide.
2022-6-6
Use props
DangerDane
New
Flight distance : 830 ft
Denmark

The Rev Posted at 2021-1-25 11:53
You have to update the firmware on the DJI Mini 2 with the DJI Fly app.
The only thing you can do with the DJI assistant 2 application is download flight logs
The admins seem to have made a typo with the reply.

I wish that was possible. My drone keeps "losing connection" when I try updating through the app :/
2022-12-31
Use props
dewitg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 700860 ft
Spain

Could you clarify me if a today date (march 5 2023) Dji Assistant 2 works for Mini 2? yesterday was installed form oficial DJI support and not connect. I don't know if I'm doing wrong or really is not able to Mini 2.
If problem I'm, could me tell me where can I find procedures to connect it?
I search but lost me among a lot of information not related
Thank you
2023-2-4
Use props
No Original Thought
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1364209 ft
United Kingdom

dewitg Posted at 2-4 03:31
Could you clarify me if a today date (march 5 2023) Dji Assistant 2 works for Mini 2? yesterday was installed form oficial DJI support and not connect. I don't know if I'm doing wrong or really is not able to Mini 2.

Connection problems are often due to the timing of connecting the cable.

First, plug in the USB cable to the computer.
Next open DJI Assistant.
Next power on the Mini 2.
As soon as the mini 2 finishes its startup beeps, plug the cable into the Mini 2.
DJI Assistant should then connect.

Note that when it connects it's possible that DJI Assistant will only give you the option to export logs. If that is the case then you will need to look through the forum for instructions for changing the DJI Assistant defaultconfig.ini file to enable the firmware functions.
2023-2-5
Use props
dewitg
lvl.4
Spain

No Original Thought Posted at 2-5 01:20
Connection problems are often due to the timing of connecting the cable.

First, plug in the USB cable to the computer.

thank you so much. I had thought that can be a protocol problem the cause. I Will try it and comment you
2023-2-5
Use props
No Original Thought
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1364209 ft
United Kingdom

dewitg Posted at 2-4 03:31
Sorry, I just realised that you are from the future.

As of February 2023 I believe my information is correct. By next month it may be out of date
2023-2-6
Use props
dewitg
lvl.4
Spain

No Original Thought Posted at 2-6 02:47
Sorry, I just realised that you are from the future.

As of February 2023 I believe my information is correct. By next month it may be out of date

On feb 8th your method after a few tries has worked correctly, Thank you very much for your help.
If in next march don't works I'll report you.
2023-2-8
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules