Another Found YouTube Video of note.
893 8 2020-11-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

I found this today. Shooting info included within the video but not his post processing which I assume, apart from using LUTS, he has slowed the action by half to reduce bounce in the foreground.

Nicely taken though.

2020-11-10
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

The speed has been halved because there's this annoying convention now that you take some inconsequential footage, halve the speed, put some emotive music over the nice stereo original sound, and call it "cinematic".  It's a handy way of shooting 2 minutes of material, and then making a four minute upload from it.

Of course in actual movie footage, it's an effect used for key moments of a story based film, originally I think only used at the end where two lovers run towards each other to be reunited with a fond embrace on a beach. I'd love to downloadYouTube footage like this, strip the music, add some typical city sound, double the speed back to normal - and then see what you've got.  Not much I suspect.

But yes, visually it looks nice.  It just fires up my pet hate!
2020-11-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Ray-CubeAce. Thank you for reaching out and for posting this interesting video you have found. Great find and thank you for your valued support.
2020-11-10
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

fansfe82067d Posted at 11-10 17:51
The speed has been halved because there's this annoying convention now that you take some inconsequential footage, halve the speed, put some emotive music over the nice stereo original sound, and call it "cinematic".  It's a handy way of shooting 2 minutes of material, and then making a four minute upload from it.

Ha!
I don't disagree it's an easy cop-out but I was mainly interested in the sharpness of their video and noise levels of the footage. Knowing the ISO setting, f number, and shutter speed helps with that evaluation even if one can only guess at the light levels. And yes it would have been nice to get the ambient sound as well but that could have been equally boring, What halving the shutter speed has done is to show how stable the gimbal movement is.

Ray.
2020-11-10
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I have seen very good footage coming from P2.
But mainly when it was in the hands of a good videographer / editor that knew how to take good footage and process it.
Having said that, it looks good indeed.
2020-11-11
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

fansfe82067d Posted at 11-10 17:51

True.
It is probably ment to show what the P2 can do instead of be a good visual story
2020-11-11
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Excellent vid mate
2020-11-11
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Footage quality looks great.
2020-11-11
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Indeed  it is a good demo.  Ignore me, I'm just a grumpy old man.
2020-11-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules